Leading Edge DC-2014 review (Alps SKCM Blue)

Chyros

08 Jun 2019, 10:36

Today we look at one of the most prolific blue Alps keyboards - finally! This has to be one of the best-sounding boards ever produced - hope you enjoy the video! :)

Drclick

08 Jun 2019, 11:55

My DC-2014 uses long white switchplate blue Alps, I think they sound better than grey switchplate ones.

adamcobabe

08 Jun 2019, 15:46

One weak point of this design is the use of rubber spacers/bumpers to isolate the PCB from the case. They sort of snap into holes on the inside of the back of the board. Over time the rubber hardens and becomes brittle. Most of mine have broken in two pieces. I would love to find a replacement for them. Great video as usual.
Last edited by adamcobabe on 08 Jun 2019, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Lbibass

08 Jun 2019, 16:04

Drclick wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 11:55
My DC-2014 uses long white switchplate blue Alps, I think they sound better than grey switchplate ones.

That's probably the result of a lot of other factors. There are about 3 distinct variations of blue alps, with different top housings, leaves, springs, etc.

SneakyRobb
THINK

09 Jun 2019, 01:41

Chyros I have been waiting for a leading edge review for so long. Good job. I know you have mentioned the Leading edge saga for a long time. gj

adamcobabe

09 Jun 2019, 18:30

Chyros, do you have a link for setting up that Pro Micro converter?

orihalcon

12 Jun 2019, 05:35

adamcobabe wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 15:46
One weak point of this design is the use of rubber spacers/bumpers to isolate the PCB from the case. They sort of snap into holes on the inside of the back of the board. Over time the rubber hardens and becomes brittle. Most of mine have broken in two pieces. I would love to find a replacement for them. Great video as usual.
A lot of DC-2014's get parted out and I'm sure there's someone in London that could send you some, would suggest posting in the market place/want to buy section :D

I probably might have some, but international shipping would be pretty expensive.

Return to “Reviews”