Question regarding Redragon ARYAMAN K569

srafayms

10 Jun 2019, 18:09

Hey, I want to buy Redragon ARYAMAN K569 (it comes with Outemu blue switches). I wanted to ask if it's possible to replace a few switches in it with other switches? (like i want to replace one Outemu blue switch with Cherry MX Red). Is that doable easily?

srafayms

11 Jun 2019, 07:51

Any answer would be appreciated. Please ask your friends if they have this keyboard and if its possible

Findecanor

11 Jun 2019, 09:04

Easy? No. You would need to learn soldering and how to desolder a switch — and that is not always easy without damaging the board. The simplest equipment needed would be a soldering iron, a solder sucker and a copper-wire braid, ... unless you would have access to better equipment through perhaps a Makerspace.

There are several videos on Youtube about Desoldering keyboard switches. I would look at them to see how it's done.
Then maybe practice on some scrap electronics before touching the keyboard.

srafayms

11 Jun 2019, 15:08

Findecanor wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 09:04
Easy? No. You would need to learn soldering and how to desolder a switch — and that is not always easy without damaging the board. The simplest equipment needed would be a soldering iron, a solder sucker and a copper-wire braid, ... unless you would have access to better equipment through perhaps a Makerspace.

There are several videos on Youtube about Desoldering keyboard switches. I would look at them to see how it's done.
Then maybe practice on some scrap electronics before touching the keyboard.
Hmm alright thanks. I will check the video and see if its possible for me to do it without damaging the keyboard.

Return to “Keyboards”