Redmaus Megasale

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

16 Jun 2019, 19:19

Masada wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 18:48
Thanks again for the NOS XT boards, my F122s really appreciate the new springs!
Spoiler:
Thanks for including your purchase! Makes me happy to see it got to you safe and sound.
depletedvespene wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 19:13
Duuuude... what will you do with the keycaps, then?
Nothing like a bunch of high quality XT keycap spares in the closet :D

Masada

16 Jun 2019, 22:09

depletedvespene wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 19:13
Duuuude... what will you do with the keycaps, then?
Two sets of the alpha keys have boards to go on, the third set (and remaining XT specific keys) will probably live in a bag in the closet.

InvidiousIgnoramus

17 Jun 2019, 15:11

Just how clean are the legends on those XT modules? only issue with mine is the "smudged" legends, although an unused module certainly wouldn't hurt.

Masada

17 Jun 2019, 20:31

InvidiousIgnoramus wrote:
Just how clean are the legends on those XT modules? only issue with mine is the "smudged" legends, although an unused module certainly wouldn't hurt.
This is one of the sets I received. Not cleaned or anything.
Spoiler:

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Jun 2019, 22:21

Masada wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the image Masada, like I said before these NOS units have pristine lettering as expected.

Rezene

18 Jun 2019, 01:50

Masada wrote:
Spoiler:
I may be a little biased but sharp and clean lettering on f's looks super nice.

Wazrach

18 Jun 2019, 21:22

Rezene wrote:
Masada wrote:
Spoiler:
In my experience with the US models, the lettering is quite thick and bold - but slightly fuzzy. Slightly. The UK ones appear to be much sharper.

Rezene

19 Jun 2019, 22:56

Wazrach wrote:
Rezene wrote:
Masada wrote:

Spoiler:
In my experience with the US models, the lettering is quite thick and bold - but slightly fuzzy. Slightly. The UK ones appear to be much sharper.
That's why I said I may be biased because I like the fact that they are fuzzy.

Wazrach

19 Jun 2019, 23:04

Rezene wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 22:56
Wazrach wrote:
Rezene wrote:

That's why I said I may be biased because I like the fact that they are fuzzy.
Ooooh. Sorry. :o I kind of see where you're coming from, although I like all of the Model F caps. You take them for granted after seeing them all the time. xP

Validus

24 Jun 2019, 04:27

Keyboards made it in. Don't have time right now to clean up the Hi-Tek RT101 but the Old Logo AT101 has the cleanest Alps switches I've ever gotten without cleaning them myself.
oldlabel_spaceinv.jpg
oldlabel_spaceinv.jpg (368.54 KiB) Viewed 8201 times

imdatperson

24 Jun 2019, 05:17

Validus wrote:
Keyboards made it in. Don't have time right now to clean up the Hi-Tek RT101 but the Old Logo AT101 has the cleanest Alps switches I've ever gotten without cleaning them myself.

oldlabel_spaceinv.jpg
Congrats man. These are some really nice and interesting boards. Just recently bought a board on here :)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

24 Jun 2019, 05:39

Validus wrote:

oldlabel_spaceinv.jpg
Such good news. Makes me joyful that the boards are getting to users safe and sound.
Remember, the painters tape is because some ink spilled on the board, so it wouldn't get on the Dell and make it inky as well. I'm sure you could clean it off with some elbow grease :D

andrewjoy

24 Jun 2019, 11:09

Validus wrote:
Red Space invaders !!!

Do tell!

The dell looks nice.

I was lucky enough to get myself a NIB dell ( new logo sadly) and modded a SGI case to take it.

Looks amazeballs.

Validus

25 Jun 2019, 12:13

Redmaus wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 05:39
Such good news. Makes me joyful that the boards are getting to users safe and sound.
Remember, the painters tape is because some ink spilled on the board, so it wouldn't get on the Dell and make it inky as well. I'm sure you could clean it off with some elbow grease :D
Yeah, I'll need to give the switches a good clean too. The ones on the far left are pretty sticky.

Gonna keep an eye on your other boards for later. That IBM 5155 Model F is looking tempting since I don't have a Model F yet and that model was the first buckling spring keyboard I ever used.
andrewjoy wrote:
24 Jun 2019, 11:09
Red Space invaders !!!

Do tell!
Haven't popped the keycaps off yet but I'm pretty sure the dominant switches are beige and only the lock keys are pink. All tactile. Definitely not as good as white linear or black clicky Space Invaders but I wanted a tactile Space Invader board to compare them to.

mindgame

25 Jun 2019, 23:18

When NOS SSK :?: :lol:

Coco

26 Jun 2019, 00:46

mindgame wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 23:18
When NOS SSK :?: :lol:
I think once he's able to find quoted prices for the other items that he's found. So, the more people that helps him, the quicker he'll list the rest of them for sale.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Jun 2019, 18:37

Coco wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 00:46
I think once he's able to find quoted prices for the other items that he's found. So, the more people that helps him, the quicker he'll list the rest of them for sale.
Pretty much this, also I'll be leaving to my brothers house this July and learning programming for a month so I won't be able to ship then, or if I do It will probably be once a week.
But price matches are still very much desired, particularly the IBM Compatibles since I have 38 of them.

Wazrach

01 Jul 2019, 12:47

Thanks Redmaus, this used Model F assembly is great. It's clicky as hell and the ping is so satisfying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7R6qGCRqEM

For £65 shipped to the UK, no import taxes and a week's wait, this was well worth it. Thanks very much! Can't recommend dealing with Redmaus enough. He took the time to look through his 30 or so used Model F assemblies, found the pingiest for me and did an audio recording shortly after.

Interestingly, this assembly has the thinner, but sharper keycap legends like the UK models normally do. There's very little dust, just a bit of grime which will wipe off easily. It looks like someone has removed the spacebar from the top, so it's wonky. I can deal with that though, it sounds fine and only requires a little bit more force.

Wazrach

01 Jul 2019, 13:12

I wonder if this is a spare assembly that IBM kept to one side because it wasn't sitting in the cases properly? I tried to put it in my 5155 case, but it is physically impossible without filing plastic. It's in a spare XT case at the minute, but the right side of the function keys and the right side of the numpad are nearly scraping against the case while there's a big gap to the left of the function keys and alpha block.

caiko

01 Jul 2019, 14:58

Hey Redmaus, my NOS XT arrived as well - generally looking good. Too bad the legends on the keycaps look like they 'bled' though :( Some weird green coloring -
Attachments
IMG_20190701_145202.jpg
IMG_20190701_145202.jpg (4.91 MiB) Viewed 7743 times

Wazrach

01 Jul 2019, 15:04

caiko wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 14:58
Hey Redmaus, my NOS XT arrived as well - generally looking good. Too bad the legends on the keycaps look like they 'bled' though :( Some weird green coloring -
How does it sound? Is it pingy? xP

The bleeding legend effect is quite common in my experience, although I thought it was something to do with sticking the caps in boiling water to clean them.

caiko

01 Jul 2019, 15:33

Well it looks atrocious :( Doesn't look like it will come off too.

Pingy, can't say for now - I haven't installed it yet into a case. Btw your case (youtube movie) looks pristine! And that thing sounds pingy!

Anakey

01 Jul 2019, 15:39

sadly that can happen depending on the ink that was used and also the temperature it was stored at. at least the keycaps can be replaced a lot easier then the rest of the assembly

Wazrach

01 Jul 2019, 16:21

caiko wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 15:33
Well it looks atrocious :( Doesn't look like it will come off too.

Pingy, can't say for now - I haven't installed it yet into a case. Btw your case (youtube movie) looks pristine! And that thing sounds pingy!
The case has a small crack between the function keys and alpha block. I don't really mind that much though. And yes, this one is definitely pingy. I'm guessing this is because it has been exposed to the air. The foam is disintegrated, the barrel frame is corroded and there's a line of rust on the backplate. There's no dust, just a few spots of engrained grime. Not sure what's up with that. Looks like someone tried to remove the spacebar from the top, as it's not stabilised. It actuates fine and doesn't rattle, so I don't really care.

I've been trying to adjust the two screws on the back of the case to see how I can bring out the ping more. :P

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

05 Aug 2019, 02:07

Bump, sale reopened!

caiko

09 Aug 2019, 18:39

Mine were totally bled out, yellowed. So beware.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

09 Aug 2019, 18:51

caiko wrote:
Did you buy a used or NOS assembly?

caiko

09 Aug 2019, 18:52

Redmaus wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 22:21
Masada wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the image Masada, like I said before these NOS units have pristine lettering as expected.
Not my experience

caiko

09 Aug 2019, 18:55

Redmaus wrote:
caiko wrote:
NOS

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

09 Aug 2019, 19:15

caiko wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 18:55
Redmaus wrote:
caiko wrote:

NOS
Not trying to minimize your concern but this is exactly why I hate selling keyboards online, especially to people I don't know. You end up spending all your time playing customer service rep and "making things right" for people.

Maybe my eyes are bad but I don't see any bleeding in your photo. I see the yellowing, but I probably would have missed it if I was selling a pile of boards.

Return to “For sale”