(removed)

mintlodica

07 Apr 2019, 07:14

(removed)
Last edited by mintlodica on 22 Feb 2021, 01:11, edited 3 times in total.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

07 Apr 2019, 21:15

Not for me personally but very well executed. I definitely think you'll find enough interest in this design.

I like the scepter looking things on Enter and LShift. But it begs the question; why not something like this on all modifiers? I guess maybe then it's a little to novelty-heavy. Maybe it's still nice with a few blank caps. But the eye demands symmetry so maybe flip legends between Caps Lock and LShift?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Apr 2019, 08:27

Menuhin

08 Apr 2019, 10:32

Licking the ass of Magic Girl - or whoever seller merchandiser behind this single-post user account :P

Perhaps a few granddaughters or grandsons of members in this Vintage-keyboard-heavy DT forum may like this design.
Spoiler:
Magic Girl style - John Wick copies from them

mintlodica

09 Apr 2019, 20:27

(removed)
Last edited by mintlodica on 22 Feb 2021, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

Wingklip

25 Apr 2019, 14:25

Whoa, why are we crucifying a designer here? They've literally just shown us some design work, not shilled for some tabao account. This is literally their first post smh

mintlodica

29 Jun 2019, 23:04

(removed)

Wingklip

01 Jul 2019, 05:50

Man, DT wasn't really bad when I joined, I guess its just from all these Chinese kids and shillers spamming everywhere on keyboard groups.

I'm Chinese and get that, but this is literally calling heresy

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Jul 2019, 08:55

man if you can't take criticism and want just "take my money" this is definitely not the place for you.

You come here, post one spammy post and go away. This is not reddit, we engage in conversation.

PlacaFromHell

01 Jul 2019, 09:34

Come on guys, calm down :D I think it's a cute set, but maybe you didn't chose the right target for a keyboard product. It's a very feminine color scheme and the style itself is what you spect for a little girl, but the point here is that what you are doing is like try to sell Hello Kitty themed AR-15's.
Don't get me wrong, I still think that the keycaps are looking good and they are well designed.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

01 Jul 2019, 09:37

Well, as a mater of fact the target group is quite obviously not DT, but indeed reddit:
magic girl.jpg
magic girl.jpg (49.39 KiB) Viewed 8624 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Jul 2019, 09:44

I find it a nice set. I would never buy it, but it's good it exists. It's inspired by sailormoon I guess, so the target demographic is pretty much set. The issue is not that, it is just that you can't spam a forum, leave and pretend not to be buried.

mintlodica

23 Jul 2019, 12:31

(removed)

Raumfahrer

23 Jul 2019, 12:35

There is no need for the vitriol, congratulations on the success of your kit.
one member does not speak for all and for the most part, most members here did what you suggested - not replying.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Jul 2019, 14:59

mintlodica wrote:
[…] Instead of shitting on new members, have you tried not replying when a topic isn't interesting to you?
The reason why I did reply is precisely that the topic was indeed very interesting to me.
As a matter of fact, I found (and still find) it extremely important to not stop "shitting on" such ridiculous gender stereotypes.

My recommendation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Figures_(book)

PlacaFromHell

23 Jul 2019, 22:21

kbdfr wrote:
mintlodica wrote:
[…] Instead of shitting on new members, have you tried not replying when a topic isn't interesting to you?
The reason why I did reply is precisely that the topic was indeed very interesting to me.
As a matter of fact, I found (and still find) it extremely important to not stop "shitting on" such ridiculous gender stereotypes.

As much as you don't like, gender stereotypes exist and any rational person who wants to succeed with a product must take them into account. The problem of this man is that he made a keyboard for girls, practically what is inversely rational. As far as I remember, in the whole forum we have only three ladies. Like I said, Hello Kitty themed AR-15's.

swampangel

24 Jul 2019, 01:03

PlacaFromHell wrote:
kbdfr wrote:

As much as you don't like, gender stereotypes exist and any rational person who wants to succeed with a product must take them into account. The problem of this man is that he made a keyboard for girls, practically what is inversely rational. As far as I remember, in the whole forum we have only three ladies. Like I said, Hello Kitty themed AR-15's.
A google search would have revealed that the creator is an artist and this theme is on brand for her. If you looked at the twitter or reddit discussion you'd see this is a really pure group buy: I like this -> maybe others will want this -> let's make it happen.

I get that DT, as a community, is sensitive to shill posts and wants newcomers to pick up the tone and norms. Usually I like that, but this thread is a poor showing.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Jul 2019, 08:50

I read and re-read the thread but I honestly can't see anything out of DT-average. This is not a family friendly site, we know that by now. If users have something to say they say it, without sugarcoating. The OP can take advantage of that candor or whine like a baby because their feelings were hurt. I'm sorry (but I'm not) this is how DT works and honestly I prefer 1 honest vitriolic comment over 10 "OMG that's so cool! take my money!".

St0ckz

24 Jul 2019, 10:54

Idk man, if I was the MC of a magical girl anime I'd be pretty dang happy about it, I defy anyone to not find joy in being badass and cute in an outfit like that.

PlacaFromHell

26 Jul 2019, 03:48

swampangel wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 01:03
PlacaFromHell wrote:
kbdfr wrote:

A google search would have revealed that the creator is an artist and this theme is on brand for her. If you looked at the twitter or reddit discussion you'd see this is a really pure group buy: I like this -> maybe others will want this -> let's make it happen.

I get that DT, as a community, is sensitive to shill posts and wants newcomers to pick up the tone and norms. Usually I like that, but this thread is a poor showing.
That's actually a better idea, she got success in a more young-friendly forum and maybe with a more mixed community. At least I didn't feel offended at all, even I said I like the keycaps.

Return to “Group buys”