Unpopular opinions thread

Chyros

04 Jul 2019, 09:53

matt3o wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 09:27
Chyros wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 09:00
Consoles are a pathetic excuse for a gaming platform and controllers are the worst input devices in recorded history.
addendum: all AAA games suck
Yeah pretty much, I largely play either oldies or indie games nowadays xD .
//gainsborough wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 09:24
Chyros wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 09:00
Consoles are a pathetic excuse for a gaming platform and controllers are the worst input devices in recorded history.
But....but super smash bros!
....would be infinitely better on a PC and with a keyboard!

CountNoctua

04 Jul 2019, 10:06

Even stronger argument in favor of keyboards now with advent of analog gaming keyboards. Wand-style motion controllers are good for VR, gaming wheels for driving, and joysticks for flight sims, but other than that (and maybe a few other niches) keyboards are supreme.

PlacaFromHell

04 Jul 2019, 10:10

CL4P-TP is much cooler than R2-D2.

Stairs?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Jul 2019, 10:18

CountNoctua wrote:
Even stronger argument in favor of keyboards now with advent of analog gaming keyboards.
LOL!!!! What we've seen of analog gaming keyboards so far isn't more than a useless proof-of-concept

The technology is so bad and flawed, I can't understand how it's being marketed at all. The only thing more pathetic than the people actually promoting and selling this garbage are those people in Youtube videos trying to construct situations where there's actually an application for these keyboards.

Noobmaen

04 Jul 2019, 11:59

vintage mx brown is one of the best switches, quantity of tactility is a stupid metric

Chyros

04 Jul 2019, 13:07

Dyesub is worse than doubleshot.

Recycling centre videos suck. Oh wait, that opinion isn't unpopular!

hansichen

04 Jul 2019, 14:31

Chyros wrote:
Definitely, and many PBT caps feel worse than ABS. Not sure why people hype og cherry dyesubs :oops:
Noobmaen wrote:
quantity of tactility is a stupid metric
True. Less is more in the end.
Wodan wrote:
CountNoctua wrote:
Even stronger argument in favor of keyboards now with advent of analog gaming keyboards.
LOL!!!! What we've seen of analog gaming keyboards so far isn't more than a useless proof-of-concept

The technology is so bad and flawed, I can't understand how it's being marketed at all. The only thing more pathetic than the people actually promoting and selling this garbage are those people in Youtube videos trying to construct situations where there's actually an application for these keyboards.
There was a pretty interesting video by a CS GO youtuber who made in debth comparisons of a lot of games. In there end there was not a single game left where you have an actual advantage (unless you are so broke after buying the keyboard so that you can't afford a superior controller anymore for racing games).

samuelcable

04 Jul 2019, 15:17

Noobmaen wrote:
vintage mx brown is one of the best switches, quantity of tactility is a stupid metric

agreed, i love my vintage mx browns

matt3o
-[°_°]-

John Wick is a boring franchise, the first movie was "good" only because the expectations were incredibly low.

samuelcable

hansichen wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 14:31
Chyros wrote:
Definitely, and many PBT caps feel worse than ABS. Not sure why people hype og cherry dyesubs :oops:
Noobmaen wrote:
quantity of tactility is a stupid metric
True. Less is more in the end.
Wodan wrote:
CountNoctua wrote:

There was a pretty interesting video by a CS GO youtuber who made in debth comparisons of a lot of games. In there end there was not a single game left where you have an actual advantage (unless you are so broke after buying the keyboard so that you can't afford a superior controller anymore for racing games).
2kliksphillip?

samuelcable

04 Jul 2019, 19:08

Sodas like coke or Pepsi are way too sweet to be enjoyable and having 100+ calorie drinks with your meal is just absurd

Khers

04 Jul 2019, 20:51

Keyboard reviews are pointless and redundant; there is no objective way to claim any one keyboard superior. Subjectivity rules.

The M in Model M stands for Meh.

Keycaps with sublegends on the alphas are inferior to their cleaner brethren. Particularly if said sublegends are done in a contrasting colour.

Cherry-profile keycaps should always only have Cherry-style icon mods. Notably with the down arrow for Caps Lock as used on HAD. Icon-and-text mods, as used on their ANSI-sets, look terrible in comparison. To say nothing about the abomination that is text-only mods that has made an appearance at GMK. Yuck.

Speaking of Cherry-profile; scoops4lyfe.

Tias

04 Jul 2019, 21:35

After reading through the comments in this topic I suddenly get the feeling that we should go to DEFCON 2, or atleast DEFCON 3, just in case... :mrgreen: Does DT have such a thing?

samuelcable

04 Jul 2019, 21:37

Khers wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 20:51
The M in Model M stands for Meh.

Speaking of Cherry-profile; scoops4lyfe.
Preach brother, I miss scoops whenever I go non cherry.

Findecanor

04 Jul 2019, 23:20

Digital joystick > D-pad and keyboard.

Up for jump is better. Especially if you have only one digit for pressing buttons with.

Chyros

05 Jul 2019, 07:49

Findecanor wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 23:20
Up for jump is better.

TapX

05 Jul 2019, 10:18

Chyros wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 12:03
All rap apart from a few Eminem tracks suck ass. In fact, almost all new music sucks.
*craaaacckk* *sipppp* he;ll yea borther....the *siiiiiiiiiiiiippp* pink floyd.... *sipppp* now THAT was music *sippp* he;ll yeah....not *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppp* zoomers these days.... *siiip* aahhhh...

Chyros wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 12:03
Everything with fewer than about 250,000 inhabitants is not a city. Everything under 100k is practically a farm.
You're right. What we definitely need right now is MORE NEIGHBOURS. As if you don't step onto enough people's sick on your way to your city work in the morning, while inhaling toxic smog. And when you get back in your 2 square foot apartment you're paying €2k a month for in the afternoon, you go through adventures that should be in some form of adventure book of the early 20th century. But at least the food is vibrant and we can go the barcade, right?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jul 2019, 11:22

gen-z are the stupidest farts

katsu

05 Jul 2019, 14:17

//gainsborough wrote:
The smash community is one of the most toxic despite being played primarily offline.
Zaphir wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 12:51
And here's another one:
All of these newer ultra lightweight (<80g) gaming mice with honeycomb design look tacky as hell and are probably cheaply made too.
This. And pretty much every company switching from Japanese to Chinese omrons and now we see so many expensive mice have early double click issues due to the contacts being lower quality.

Also social media was a mistake and should be purged

Findecanor

05 Jul 2019, 15:05

katsu wrote:
//gainsborough wrote:
The smash community is one of the most toxic despite being played primarily offline.
... and played at every keyboard party here in Stockholm, BTW.
I don't understand the appeal.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

05 Jul 2019, 17:14

katsu wrote:

The competitive scene is quite embarrassing ATM, I agree =(

Ozric

05 Jul 2019, 23:33

Honey tastes gross!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

05 Jul 2019, 23:41

Ozric wrote:
05 Jul 2019, 23:33
Honey tastes gross!
:|

Coco

06 Jul 2019, 05:12

Milk is gross.

All that hormones such as estrogen where they force female cows to produce an absurd amount of it against their will ... hard pass for me.

Zaphir

07 Jul 2019, 02:01

It's funny because I don't mind milk and specially like some honey on pancakes or a on waffle.
But I completely hate (and I mean it) honey on milk.

Yes, some people drink that. Older people even say that it's good to help curing a fever...

depletedvespene

07 Jul 2019, 02:32

Football is crap. Rugby may be fun to play, but ain't fun to watch.

Handegg (a.k.a. "American football") isn't a sport. Although it did start as one (a variation of rubgy), it's become so warped and corrupted that hasn't qualified as a sport anymore for decades.

On the other hand, as good and timeless chess is, it's not a sport and has never been so; whoever first posited such a laughable idea deserves a special place in hell, forced to play Monopoly® for all eternity. Heck, Go enthusiasts won't say their game is a "sport" (and the snobbiest ones talk about specifically about "mind sports", not sports per se).

Findecanor

07 Jul 2019, 03:13

The origin for why competitive video gaming is called "e-sport" is from when gamers who entered the US for a tournament had to declare their reason for entry ... They chose the same category has chess players: which was "sport", and then got an idea from there.
Opinion:That does not make competitive video gaming into a sport, regardless of how high your pulse or adrenaline is. A sport is an athletic activity. (Said by a couch potato ...)

Sport also requires that you act "sportily", and show "sportsmanship".
This means that you don't shout obscenities at your opponents, team-members or anyone else. And you don't commit violence upon your opponent. Only a complete a-hole would punch or choke someone who is lying down — which is as far away from sport as you could get.

depletedvespene

07 Jul 2019, 03:19

While we're at that, sportmanship also involves playing by the rules AND not laughing at the opponent when one has played dirty and gotten away with it (see Maracoca's "hand of God" for the canonical example).

samuelcable

07 Jul 2019, 03:26

gradients are ugly almost 99% of the time

Findecanor

07 Jul 2019, 03:50

If ground mustard seeds are used mostly as a thickener for vinegar, then that paste does not deserve to be called "mustard".

Return to “Off-topic”