Are there any boards with the f77 layout? /what is that layout called?

Rezene

10 Jul 2019, 06:00

I think that that layout would be so nice to use because I like having dedicated arrow keys, but I don't need function keys or a numpad. I also like that it is separated in a block something that you don't get with 65 percents, or at least not with anything that I have seen.

Anakey

10 Jul 2019, 09:07

i do not believe there has been a board ith that specific layout given that the vast majority would go for either 65/75% if they wanted arrow keys but smaller then a TKL aka SSK layout. you could probably quite easily design your own plate and sandwich case and then hand wire the board and get something that is to your exact layout that you are looking for.

Shihatsu

10 Jul 2019, 09:26

There is something similar (imho even better - at least layout wise, I do NOT speak of build quality as we have to wait for Ellipse to ever see something similar again)) available from CoolerMaster - the Masterkeys Pro M. See the Review from Chyros here:
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/ksMYG9NsNMY
Or the DT thread to the review here:
viewtopic.php?t=16114
This Layout option is so beloved that for the ModernF77 of Ellipse there will be an extra Numpad / Layout / Keycap option called "CoolerMaster" - and yes, my F77 will come with exactly that, because it is just perfect. For most of the time I need an Enter Key for my thumb and arrows available, but at the beginning of each month the time of the ungodly behemoth called Excel is comming - o how I HATE my forecast duties...

AJM

10 Jul 2019, 11:01

A Vortex ViBE is even closer to a F77.
It only has that 1 column additional on the right.
ViBEs.jpg
ViBEs.jpg (321.69 KiB) Viewed 11367 times

purdobol

10 Jul 2019, 11:30

Or you can go other way around and cut one column from f77 layout.
Using this on daily basis, and quite like it. Ideally would rearrange it to this:
Steel plate doesn't allow this sadly. Red is one module with latching keys, one is always pressed so it's easy to see witch layer is active. Blue is single latching key I have no use for. Grey is double action.

depletedvespene

10 Jul 2019, 13:01

Rezene wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 06:00
I think that that layout would be so nice to use because I like having dedicated arrow keys, but I don't need function keys or a numpad. I also like that it is separated in a block something that you don't get with 65 percents, or at least not with anything that I have seen.
AFAICT, the F77 is pretty much the only keyboard using that layout (the Vortex Vibe is a 60%+full numpad, which is pretty close, but still distinct enough).

I'd call the F77 layout... "F77 layout". :)

depletedvespene

10 Jul 2019, 14:10

Or... given that's essentially the same as an AT layout without the F columns on the left and without the numpad's fourth column, we could also call it "AT lite" (but I like "F77 layout" more).

Rezene

19 Jul 2019, 04:49

I just bought an apple m0116 it's my first alps board other than my pingmaster and I am excited to try out skcm alps. I liked the feel of skcc greens but I couldn't stand the profile and I think I would prefer tactile or clicky. I only just realized right now that the layout of the m0116 is essentially an "AT Lite". Pretty close to the F77!

Return to “Keyboards”