[IC] Fall 2019 Austin, TX Meetup

tyson522

31 Jul 2019, 19:42

Heard people wanted another meetup in Austin, thought I’d throw up an IC to get the ball rolling on this one. If we can get enough interest I’ll contact the same venue, the Google Fiber Space in Downtown Austin. I would love to host this meetup in September if possible, as there are already plans for a Houston meetup in August and a Dallas meetup in October. If that Venue falls through I would love other ideas for a Backup Location. Feel free to fill out the form here: https://forms.gle/tD2kTScomYxmbeb58

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Aug 2019, 02:38

Sure, I'll come out of my cave again for this.

The problem with the downtown venues is that they are fairly hostile for loading. What if I want to bring like 30 keyboards to show off?

tyson522

02 Aug 2019, 00:05

Hey man! Sorry, I am also looking at other venues, looks like the Google Space can't host events on the weekend anymore, I'll try to find you a location for you to bring all your boards :lol:

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Aug 2019, 14:49

We chatted offline and you did indeed find a better venue for more keyboards.

Who wants to see what? I'm already planning to bring an IBM 3278 Beamspring and a Cherry G80-5000. Any other requests?

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Aug 2019, 14:51

chanchan on Discord asked me to bring an XMIT Hall Effect Mechanical Keyboard and a vintage Micro Switch Hall Effect keyboard. I'll add these to the list.

Sangdrax

29 Aug 2019, 15:48

Been super busy with my new job but I'm over by Killeen now. I might be able to make a September meetup and bring some oddballs like the Harris Digitran or the Epson QX-10 conversions, plus some common fun oldies like the Pingmaster if nobody else is hauling them.

Return to “Try before you buy”