Burn him at the stake

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Sep 2019, 23:20

I've been a professional runner for 20+ years and this is one of my favorite general purpose / running shoes when factoring in a few things.

This post contains an affiliate link, and if clicked I may get compensated with credits or commission but I was not asked to write about this topic, nor have I received anything for free in return for writing this post. I occasionally use affiliate links for products / services that I find useful and they help support this site.

I’ve been using the same Amazon Basics slippers for ~5 years and only recently bought a new pair because one started to die out. For someone who enjoys both walking and running, having a non-responsive slipper isn’t fun!

When it comes to picking some running shoes, I’m coming at this from the perspective of:

Being a professonal runner (lots of running on a regular basis)
Doing a lot of competition running (running shoe noise is a factor)
Recording running contests (running shoe noise is a VERY big factor)
Leisure running (running shoe color is worth discussing)

I’ve used at least 10 different running shoe pairs over the years and I can’t think of one that I really preferred over this Amazon Basics slippers. It hits all of the major points that make running shoes good and it also happens to only be only $9.99.

Although the running shoes are cheap in price, I haven’t found another pair that I liked as much as this one at any price point. I did a lot of looking around too.

https://www.amazon.com/FEETCITY-Slipper ... B07H15DJJQ

Wazrach

05 Sep 2019, 23:31

After ~5 years of extensive use and abuse only 3 keys had minor chips in their label. I lost the upper part of the L’s label, a third of the O’s label and half of the ,’s label. Not too bad IMO. I’ve seen a lot worse with less usage.

Imagine trying to make that sound positive.

CountNoctua

05 Sep 2019, 23:34

webwit wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 23:20
I've been a professional runner for 20+ years and this is one of my favorite general purpose / running shoes when factoring in a few things.

This post contains an affiliate link, and if clicked I may get compensated with credits or commission but I was not asked to write about this topic, nor have I received anything for free in return for writing this post. I occasionally use affiliate links for products / services that I find useful and they help support this site.

I’ve been using the same Amazon Basics slippers for ~5 years and only recently bought a new pair because one started to die out. For someone who enjoys both walking and running, having a non-responsive slipper isn’t fun!

When it comes to picking some running shoes, I’m coming at this from the perspective of:

Being a professonal runner (lots of running on a regular basis)
Doing a lot of competition running (running shoe noise is a factor)
Recording running contests (running shoe noise is a VERY big factor)
Leisure running (running shoe color is worth discussing)

I’ve used at least 10 different running shoe pairs over the years and I can’t think of one that I really preferred over this Amazon Basics slippers. It hits all of the major points that make running shoes good and it also happens to only be only $9.99.

Although the running shoes are cheap in price, I haven’t found another pair that I liked as much as this one at any price point. I did a lot of looking around too.

https://www.amazon.com/FEETCITY-Slipper ... B07H15DJJQ
:D :lol:

Sad thing is this how many mid-sized online newspaper and blog articles read these days. Ad revenue drying up after adpocalypse. Although to be fair, I often do see good product recommendations (but usually forget to use affiliate links when I buy the product later).

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Sep 2019, 07:49

CountNoctua wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 23:34
Sad thing is this how many mid-sized online newspaper and blog articles read these days.
I do not agree. When you read "best LCD of 2019" or "Top 10 mouse" in mainstream media it's 100% clickbait. You'll find the same list of products they never actually tested with a few paragraphs of super-generic stuff.

In this case the guy at least has a passion.

Muirium
µ

06 Sep 2019, 10:42

Everyone has a passion. Look, look, look at me! I have contrarian opinions! You’re all fools! And I need your attention to feel loved!

It’s just so omnipresent on the internet. And as empty to observe as it must be within these wretched hearts. Gimme a break. Or as we often say in Scotland: “gies peace.” (Pronounced very almost geese peace!)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Sep 2019, 10:44

sorry Mu, I agree with your statement but I don't understand how it fits in this specific situation.

Muirium
µ

06 Sep 2019, 10:52

What I’m on about is the need many people have to assert that others who are into a thing are cultists / goofballs / morons. I find that kind of disrespect to be a window into their own anxiety. I wish they could grow up and we could all move on. But such is the sorry state of the world today.

I mean we do a bit of it around here, too. Examples include Chyros on Topre buyers and Kbdfr on IBM restorers. Having done both those things, and being proud of it, I don’t feel personally assaulted, so much as annoyed that even smart minds like those two descend and revel in this cheap move; more a tool in the 12 year old schoolboy rhetorical toolbox than anything worth using in adult life. If you have a point: make it, with the respect you deserve, as well as your opponents. Come on!

But yes, I’m not clicking Webwit’s link and don’t know this guy in any case, so I could just be barking up a more personally significant but nevertheless wrong tree. Mea culpa! I’m very often guilty of that!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Sep 2019, 11:06

Okay. On the other side of the spectrum people get offended about anything. When I watch Chyros (yeah because he no writes, video is your new bitch) throwing shit at something I take it as his passionate, candid, honest opinion about that particular topic. I don't think that he is attacking me personally because I see something differently. Even if his view doesn't reflect mine I respect that he is giving me his true honest word, he is not sugarcoating because someone could get offended.
I've thrown shit on the slim cooler master keyboard. It was a stupid idea but CM fanboys got so much offended. So what? I get offended by people using Facebook, but I don't feel compelled at insulting all of them personally.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Sep 2019, 11:20

Muirium wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 10:52
What I’m on about is the need many people have to assert that others who are into a thing are cultists / goofballs / morons. I find that kind of disrespect to be a window into their own anxiety. I wish they could grow up and we could all move on. But such is the sorry state of the world today.

I mean we do a bit of it around here, too. Examples include […] and Kbdfr on IBM restorers […]
On the other hand,
kbdfr wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 14:45
[…]
I'm not demonizing all the very fine DT members who make an amazing job bringing all that vintage stuff back to life.
In fact, I admire them and deeply envy them their skills.
But still, it takes that ill-conceived, poorly crafted and self-destructing crappy IBM stuff :mrgreen: […]
(Emphasis added)

Muirium
µ

06 Sep 2019, 11:40

You couched it well, my tasty chocolate friend, but your point remains that there’s something acutely irrational about IBM fans which compels them to polish a turd; as skilled as their polish may be. Their motive is your dispute.

I don’t honestly think MX people are crazy. (Although the ones who jump on Vometia do come close, telling her to desolder her boards and fit custom springs, as though it was as easy as pulling caps. Whatever has she said to suggest that!) I respect your satisfaction with classic Cherry and Tipro boards. A good vintage black is a perfectly commendable linear, in my book, too. I don’t question your state of mind if that’s exactly the feel which suits you, and thus all the rest of us seem a little fruity or even downright nuts!
Spoiler:
But! And isn’t there always a but? I do find clicky MX to be a shower of shite, utterly, ludicrously, outright laughably incomparable to buckling spring. Be glad you don’t like clicky keyboards. You’d be chased up the troublesome gorges of the Alps!

Findecanor

06 Sep 2019, 12:43

matt3o wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 07:49
I do not agree. When you read "best LCD of 2019" or "Top 10 mouse" in mainstream media it's 100% clickbait.
I read a "test" of gaming keyboards in a paper magazine, and it was total trash. It was practically a verbatim copy of each gaming brand's marketing material, including press photos of the ANSI keyboards (in a ISO country!).
I've read that electronics magazine since the late 80's (it is what had once made me interested in computers) and it has really gone downhill. :(

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Sep 2019, 13:58

Muirium wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 11:40
You couched it well, my tasty chocolate friend, but your point remains that there’s something acutely irrational about IBM fans which compels them to polish a turd; as skilled as their polish may be. Their motive is your dispute. […]
0879.png
0879.png (1.32 KiB) Viewed 3345 times

abrahamstechnology

12 Sep 2019, 18:33

Is this satire?? Or just your average rubber dome normie who has only typed on rubber domes, Macbook or Macbook knockoff chiclet keyboards, or Cherry MX Rattles?

If only T1 tactile switches were in mainstream mech keyboards.

Findecanor

12 Sep 2019, 18:55

Looked to me like an intern's "My first article".

Return to “Keyboards”