I want to purchase a good keyboard! Help??

ppCircle

11 Sep 2019, 22:35

techbud wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 22:11
Hey everyone!

I built my first PC a year ago and started out with very backs peripherals. I’ve already upgraded my mouse to a good Logitech (I can’t remember what type) and now I’m looking to upgrade from the standard $15 membrane keyboard to a good mechanical keyboard. Anyone have any suggestions of quality products that won’t break the bank? I know nothing about keyboards.

Thanks!
Tell us your max amount of money to spend :roll:

Wazrach

11 Sep 2019, 22:53

techbud wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 22:11
Hey everyone!

I built my first PC a year ago and started out with very backs peripherals. I’ve already upgraded my mouse to a good Logitech (I can’t remember what type) and now I’m looking to upgrade from the standard $15 membrane keyboard to a good mechanical keyboard. Anyone have any suggestions of quality products that won’t break the bank? I know nothing about keyboards.

Thanks!
https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/

These won't break the bank!

CountNoctua

11 Sep 2019, 22:54

Red Dragon has some good value keyboards.

Wazrach

11 Sep 2019, 22:58

If you're looking for a straight upgrade from a cheap rubber dome keyboard, those tacky Chinese gamer keyboards are hard to beat. They have switches that are clones of the ubiquitous Cherry MX switches. They're usually just as good, if not better than the real deal, as the linear switches have less friction than actual Cherry MX Reds or Blacks.

That's if you play games. Do you want a good keyboard for typing?

St0ckz

11 Sep 2019, 23:14

Leopold make some of the nicest OEM boards right now honestly

Wazrach

11 Sep 2019, 23:24

St0ckz wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 23:14
Leopold make some of the nicest OEM boards right now honestly
I'd love to get a black FC900R and stick Zilents in it. Never tried a Leopold or Zilent switches, but I have a feeling it would be a good match.

Mazian

12 Sep 2019, 00:41

Beep boop: spambot detected!

OP's post text is copied from an old reddit post, as is their only other post in another thread.

User101

12 Sep 2019, 01:41

techbud is a spam account. No idea what's the point, no ad, just copy-pasting old Reddit posts. Should be banned.

CountNoctua

12 Sep 2019, 01:57

User101 wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 01:41
techbud is a spam account. No idea what's the point, no ad, just copy-pasting old Reddit posts. Should be banned.
Bulk resell of "aged" accounts, at later date.

kmnov2017

12 Sep 2019, 19:36

For typing : If noise doesnt matter - Any IBM model F keyboard. If you are lucky, you can get one for as low as 20 euros. You'll have to search on local classifieds though. A Model F is several times better than a model M (at least in my opinion)

If you want a quiter keyboard - Cherry MX brown or black.

If you want it for gaming , I quite like any modern cherry MX brown. Don't think about gaming on a vintage keyboard. If money isn't a consideration, I quite like the Corsair K95 platinum. If you're on a budget then there are several Chinese clones which are as good as cherry switches.

Keyboards , like everything else, is very personal. Every person you ask will give their own opinion. At the end of day you have to choose what feels (and looks) best for you.

Return to “Keyboards”