[GB] T1 Tactile Switches

VicareyG

01 Sep 2019, 20:04

I recently asked for suggestions for a new switch GB. T1's were one of the most asked for just under Halo True switches, which I am doubtful on whether Drop will allow me to sell them. Only time will tell... for now an IC for T1 Tactile switches.

IC Form Here https://forms.gle/Yw4EFGFNd6f6sVFv5

About The Switch
T1s are tactile switches with a 67g spring and a clear housing made from Nylon PA and a POM stem. Gold plated spring and contacts. PCB mount.

I have secured a price of USD $0.50 per switch with a 25,000 MOQ. At GB the price will be charge in GBP.

The group buy for this IC will be run through my store (www.opticboards.com). Switches will be sold in packs of 120 (Currently £49.35 GBP). I offer flat rate shipping. £3.50 UK, £5.50 EU, £7.50 Rest of World.

Disclosure - Please Read
The manufacturer for the T1 Tactile Switch is Durock. This company has played a somewhat significant part in the recent "Stealios" drama with KBDfans. I would strongly advise you to do your own research into everything that happened and draw your own conclusions about whether or not you should buy any of Durock's switches.
If anyone has a link to a good overview of "stealios/Durock" please let me know and I'll highlight it here so that everyone can be as informed as possible.
From /u/weedvampires
For those who are concerned due to the Durock drama,[ read this.](https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... statement/) I'm still not supporting them either way, but it seems a lot less cut-and-dry now than it did before, and a lot more sympathetic to the T1's original creator.
Please fill out the IC form if you are interested.

Thanks,

George

IC Form Here https://forms.gle/Yw4EFGFNd6f6sVFv5

UPDATE

The Interest Check has gone really well. I am satisfied that there is enough interest in these switches to make it worthwhile to run a Group Buy.

The GB will be run on my subdomain https://preorder.opticboards.co.uk This is purely to keep GB orders separate from my day to day orders. Just makes running GB’s easier on my part.

The GB will run from today until 15th October 2019. This is a timeline of 5 weeks. Hopefully this will allow everyone to have a pay day during the GB and not miss out.
Manufacturing Lead Time is 10 Working Days. This should be completed by 29th October.
Shipping from China to me should take no longer than 7 days. The switches should be with me by November 5th. Customs depending.
Packaging of all orders shouldn’t take longer than 5 to 7 working days. This means that all orders should be posted by November 12th.

Shipping estimates are : UK 1-3 days, EU 3-5 Days, Rest of World 5-7 days. Customs depending.

Timelines are predictions only. But I have erred on the side of caution so the finished date **should** be earlier than predicted but no promises.

https://preorder.opticboards.co.uk/prod ... ar-housing
Last edited by VicareyG on 10 Sep 2019, 23:28, edited 2 times in total.

VicareyG

02 Sep 2019, 21:40

Hello!

Just a quick update on the IC.

We are 100 responses in, which is fantastic and it definitely seems like there is interest in this switch.

There were a few questions in the comment section of the IC form.

> 120 switches are too much … or some variation of that X infinity ….
Selling in packs of 120 is not set in stone. When this hits GB phase I will be selling any amount that people will want to buy. Orders for quantities below 69 will be for sale at $0.52 each and all orders for 70 or more switches will be at $0.50 per switch. This is to encourage a minimum order of 70 switches but allows people to join if they REALLY don’t want 70 switches.

>Would like to see Koala Smokey or Clear versions.
Sorry but to help make the MOQ of 25,000 switches I would like to keep this to one variant of switch. If successful I will likely run a second round for other Durock switches. With different springs/case colours.

>Have a US Proxy?
No plans for a US proxy as of yet but if someone would like to please send me an email George@OpticBoards.com

> One day Michael came in and complained about a speed bump on the highway. I wonder who he ran over.
Office Reference! Cool. Cool cool cool.

>Linear T1’s?
Maybe in a separate GB if that’s possible. These are definitely tactile.

Thanks for reading,

George

abrahamstechnology

02 Sep 2019, 22:22

Nice, T1s are my favorite tactile switch.

Findecanor

03 Sep 2019, 00:50

Just to clarify: So, "Durock" == "Lee" in that link about the "Stealios" controversy ?
And Durock has always been the only brand/manufacturer of the T1 switch?

VicareyG

05 Sep 2019, 10:15

Findecanor wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 00:50
Just to clarify: So, "Durock" == "Lee" in that link about the "Stealios" controversy ?
And Durock has always been the only brand/manufacturer of the T1 switch?
That is how I read it, yes.

VicareyG

05 Sep 2019, 10:15

abrahamstechnology wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 22:22
Nice, T1s are my favorite tactile switch.
Fantastic!

ZedTheMan

05 Sep 2019, 15:56

I bought some from another source that's had them in stock. I'll give you all my impression on this thread when they come in.

VicareyG

05 Sep 2019, 21:20

ZedTheMan wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 15:56
I bought some from another source that's had them in stock. I'll give you all my impression on this thread when they come in.
Brilliant! Can't wait!

VicareyG

10 Sep 2019, 23:27

The Interest Check has gone really well. I am satisfied that there is enough interest in these switches to make it worthwhile to run a Group Buy.

The GB will be run on my subdomain https://preorder.opticboards.co.uk This is purely to keep GB orders separate from my day to day orders. Just makes running GB’s easier on my part.

The GB will run from today until 15th October 2019. This is a timeline of 5 weeks. Hopefully this will allow everyone to have a pay day during the GB and not miss out.
Manufacturing Lead Time is 10 Working Days. This should be completed by 29th October.
Shipping from China to me should take no longer than 7 days. The switches should be with me by November 5th. Customs depending.
Packaging of all orders shouldn’t take longer than 5 to 7 working days. This means that all orders should be posted by November 12th.

Shipping estimates are : UK 1-3 days, EU 3-5 Days, Rest of World 5-7 days. Customs depending.

Timelines are predictions only. But I have erred on the side of caution so the finished date **should** be earlier than predicted but no promises.

https://preorder.opticboards.co.uk/prod ... ar-housing

CountNoctua

11 Sep 2019, 00:21

Nice, got the email. Will put in my order as soon as I have the money to spare (soon). :)

Findecanor

11 Sep 2019, 08:02

I am holding for a group buy from within the EU. I'm not interested in paying import taxes twice.

VicareyG

11 Sep 2019, 12:33

Findecanor wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 08:02
I am holding for a group buy from within the EU. I'm not interested in paying import taxes twice.
This GB is within the EU. For now.

ZedTheMan

12 Sep 2019, 02:31

Hey all, figured I'd give y'all that impression I told you I would.

So, these things are actually quite nice, at least, loose.

Everything I wished MX clear was. A significant (for notch tactility) bump, which is fairly smooth and rounded, right at the top of the keytravel. With the 67g weighting, it is perfect to clear the bump without bottoming out, and having that feel natural and not tiring.

Quite the excellent MX style tactile, honestly. I like the housing too, smoky polycarb is better looking than clear and still allows light to shine through.

I rank them 9.4/10 in the world of cherry style tactiles, best of them I've tried with a big bump. (with a smaller bump I like the insane smoothness I found in some lubed zealios v2 stems in gateron ink housing)

I think that MX style tactiles shine when they embrace this style of bump and weighting, for actual ergonomic reasons, where crap like mx brown suck because they are so scratchy and unrefined.

gianni

15 Sep 2019, 00:51

How does the T1 compare to cherry mx clear (which I'm using with some misterious springs that have a bottom out value of about 60gr)?

Cherry mx clears aren't fantastic, they're quite scratchy and they feel unrefined. I like the fact that there's a little bit of pretravel before the bump. Thanks for any answer.

VicareyG

24 Sep 2019, 20:47

https://preorder.opticboards.co.uk/prod ... r-housing
From now until the end of Friday September 27th I will be offering Free Shipping on all orders of 120 switches or more. Just use coupon code “freeship120” at checkout.
So if you were holding back, now is your chance to get in on this awesome Group Buy!

Return to “Group buys”