Is it possible to make and omnikey ultra with a detachable ps2 cable fully programable?

consensual-penis

24 Sep 2019, 23:41

my buddy and I recently starting reprogramming our IBM keyboard because of the soarers converters, but he has more useless keys than me because he has one of the m122 models where I just have a standard model M and F.

But my Omnikey has a bunch of keys that I will never use, is there a way (easiest way would be preferable) that I could make the Omnikey fully re programmable?

Thanks in advance!

orihalcon

25 Sep 2019, 01:20

You could always use a PS/2 Soarer's Converter and get all that same functionality. Depending on the model of omnikey, you might get NKRO as well, whereas the Model M will be 2KRO.

consensual-penis

25 Sep 2019, 05:12

orihalcon wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 01:20
You could always use a PS/2 Soarer's Converter and get all that same functionality. Depending on the model of omnikey, you might get NKRO as well, whereas the Model M will be 2KRO.
Where would I get a converter like that?

orihalcon

25 Sep 2019, 05:38

Do you have the original omnikey PS/2 cable yet? If so, you'd just need one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282575686221

That can be used with any PS/2 keyboard and the existing key rollover will be preserved.

Jaki1122

27 Sep 2019, 04:12

consensual-penis wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 23:41
my buddy and I recently starting reprogramming our IBM keyboard because of the soarers converters, but he has more useless keys than me because he has one of the m122 models where I just have a standard model M and F.

But my Omnikey has a bunch of keys that I will never use, is there a way (easiest way would be preferable) that I could make the Omnikey fully re programmable?

Thanks in advance!
If you can already use it via USB and you don't want to mess a lot with hardware, you may want to try AutoHotkey or something similar to make a macro that would remap your key to whatever you want.
Also, I remember that somebody made with a Teensy a sort of USB stick that you plug first to the computer and then the keyboard to it (via USB). The Teensy would then read your input and transform it to whatever you told it to and then send the converted signal to the PC. This is the commercial version (expensive as hell, better to do it by yourself in my opinion): https://www.1upkeyboards.com/shop/contr ... converter/
Hope it helps!

Return to “Keyboards”