DTA 2019 preparation

CountNoctua

01 Oct 2019, 21:25

Nice work, andrewjoy! :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Oct 2019, 08:15

okay so, I believe the best course of action for a low-fi DTA 2019 is as follow:

1) Start with just one nomination thread (as per Muirium suggestion). Let people vomit their nominations, at the end check what we have and based on that create the categories. This is the most community driven DTA I can think of.

2) Go straight to the final vote for each category. One thread per category of course.

3) No prizes. Not for the category winners, not for the voters. Full Stop.

I don't think we have wingnuts available. I asked webwit to get more, but I hardly believe they will be ready by the end of the year. So, maybe next time.

andrewjoy

23 Oct 2019, 10:36

matt3o wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 08:15
okay so, I believe the best course of action for a low-fi DTA 2019 is as follow:

1) Start with just one nomination thread (as per Muirium suggestion). Let people vomit their nominations, at the end check what we have and based on that create the categories. This is the most community driven DTA I can think of.

2) Go straight to the final vote for each category. One thread per category of course.

3) No prizes. Not for the category winners, not for the voters. Full Stop.

I don't think we have wingnuts available. I asked webwit to get more, but I hardly believe they will be ready by the end of the year. So, maybe next time.

I still think we should have some categories or at least ideas for them to focus people(check the google doc). We should also still have "The Deskthority" as a special award.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Oct 2019, 15:51

andrewjoy wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 10:36
I still think we should have some categories or at least ideas for them to focus people(check the google doc). We should also still have "The Deskthority" as a special award.
we have categories just let the community pick them based on their submissions

andrewjoy

31 Oct 2019, 15:54

This is getting closer and closer.

Happy to lead on organising threads etc for people

JP!

31 Oct 2019, 16:08

I know where we can get Wingnuts... :o
Spoiler:
https://www.instagram.com/chinakeycapclones/
wingnut.jpg
wingnut.jpg (60.38 KiB) Viewed 7355 times

webwit
Wild Duck

31 Oct 2019, 19:35

JP! wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 16:08
I know where we can get Wingnuts... :o
:lol: :shock:

PS: Clickclack is making some fresh real ones for us... I didn't put time pressure on him but I've better hope than matt3o they will be ready because he has delivered in the past.. ehm 8 or something years.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Nov 2019, 18:27

I'm thinking of starting this next monday, @andrewjoy do you want to work on an introduction?

andrewjoy

05 Nov 2019, 15:26

matt3o wrote:
01 Nov 2019, 18:27
I'm thinking of starting this next monday, @andrewjoy do you want to work on an introduction?
Just talking users through what the pan is etc ? Sure.

So just to get things right in my head.

- We suggest some topics to get the ball rolling.
- Community can add more / decide on topics
- once chosen do threads like last year
- Two stage again ? Stage one Nominations , stage two final votes ?
- no prizes for now
- push idea of community awards ? Try to keep away from best brand etc but in the end let the community decide ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Nov 2019, 09:12

sorry guys, busy week at work.

The idea would be:
- run a nomination phase, people start vomiting stuff, people can suggest a category for their submission if they want
- a commission (me?!) takes the nominations and based on what we have we split them in categories
- create the threads (1 per category) and run the final vote
- winners (should) get a wingnut but no other prizes... unless sponsors want to do that in complete autonomy (I can run a random generation but then it's totally up to them to contact and ship to the winners)

I've always found the "best brand" category silly, but if people want it, so be it.

Return to “Deskthority talk”