Restoration 1986 Olivetti ANK 1924 & ask for advice

Jaki1122

04 Nov 2019, 03:05

Soooo... I guess I was lucky as hell. I went to one of those street markets and found this dirty boy. Already cleaned the keycaps, they look amazing, almost no tear nor wear. Also opened the keyboard to see what we got there (as you can see in the photos). I'll keep you updated with the restoration process.
So now comes my problem, there's not a lot of information about this particular model, but its the keyboard that came with the Olivetti M19 computer. Now, someone cut off the cable of my unit so I put a new one. Of course I have no idea were things go, so after some research, I managed to find out VCC and GND, the rest by trial and error. I managed to get it to beep and to light up some of the LEDs, but not to registren on the PC. Seems like if Pin 4 is not connected to the Clock pin of the DIN it won't do a thing. Tried all combinatios from that point on, including disconnected wires but no luck. Maybe is something related to the protocol the keyboard speaks?
Here's the link to he Reddit discussion I opened and were I got most of the information:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... i_ank1924/
Any ideas on whats wrong now?
As always, thanks for the help guys!
Attachments
Model.PNG
Model.PNG (975.81 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
KeyCap.PNG
KeyCap.PNG (332.24 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
Domes.PNG
Domes.PNG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 2002 times
PCB.PNG
PCB.PNG (1.53 MiB) Viewed 2002 times