Packard Bell Keyboard Switches

rommelbquinto

21 Oct 2019, 08:10

Hi,

A bit new on keyboard switches, since most of my keyboards are ibm buckling spring. I wanted to venture on keyboard switches and see the difference with buckling springs.

Can anyone point me to the right information on this packard bell keyboard. I just need to know what type of key switch it has and if there are any after market keycaps available now, since the F2 key is missing and i just want to restore it.

Thank you and looking forward on any information! :D
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (247.8 KiB) Viewed 4798 times

John Doe

21 Oct 2019, 08:13

Seems like Fujitsu leaf switch?Not that sure.

imdatperson

21 Oct 2019, 09:14

rommelbquinto wrote:
21 Oct 2019, 08:10
Hi,

A bit new on keyboard switches, since most of my keyboards are ibm buckling spring. I wanted to venture on keyboard switches and see the difference with buckling springs.

Can anyone point me to the right information on this packard bell keyboard. I just need to know what type of key switch it has and if there are any after market keycaps available now, since the F2 key is missing and i just want to restore it.

Thank you and looking forward on any information! :D
What you have there are some nice NMB Hi-Tek 725 switches in a great lookin board! These switches are better known as “space invaders” switches because their sliders look like the aliens from the game. These are the white linear variant, and in nice/cleaned condition they are among my favorite switches :)

Chyros

21 Oct 2019, 09:15

This is an AT-type NMB Hi-Tek keyboard with Series 725 switches, also known as Space Invaders. Most likely the old one-eyed, white, linear ones. This one is a Packard Bell rebrand.

I reviewed one of the non-rebrands:

rommelbquinto

21 Oct 2019, 10:04

Hi Chyros,

thank you for the information. Do you know of anyone who resells this keycaps?

Thanks again!

Chyros

21 Oct 2019, 14:17

rommelbquinto wrote:
Hi Chyros,

Thanks again!
These are no longer being made, so no. Maybe someone with a whole bunch of NMB keyboards might have a few left :) .

TheInverseKey

21 Oct 2019, 18:15

rommelbquinto wrote:
Hi Chyros,

Thanks again!
I might have some kicking around I will have see.

rommelbquinto

22 Oct 2019, 04:34

Thank you Chyros for the info.

Hi TheInverseKey,

Please do let me know if you have some of the keycaps available.

Thanks!

terrycherry

12 Nov 2019, 03:44

Good to see this whole board. This type of keyboard is quite rare to collect, especially packard bell.
Could you take some photo of switch under Caps lock and space bar? And the label on the bottom case. I need more photo to do some research about this series. thanks

TheInverseKey

12 Nov 2019, 17:28

terrycherry wrote:
12 Nov 2019, 03:44
Good to see this whole board. This type of keyboard is quite rare to collect, especially packard bell.
Could you take some photo of switch under Caps lock and space bar? And the label on the bottom case. I need more photo to do some research about this series. thanks
There will be not much information about the keyboard really as NMB during this time really only put a serial number that's it.

If you want more information about the second generation of NMB keyboards I would look at the follow resource: wiki/Hi-Tek_Series_725_second_generation

Return to “Keyboards”