Deskthority Awards 2019 ~ The winners!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Dec 2019, 11:18

It has been a smooth and interesting DTA this year. No drama and very community/project centric. I guess that's what happens when you remove the money (aka prizes) from the equation, what is left is just the hobby and the passion of dedicated individuals.

It was certainly a downsized event but I'm happy we didn't break the tradition and 2019 too had its awards.

Starting next year I'll leave the event completely to the community, if anyone is willing to work on the 2020 DTA just let me know during the course of the year, I'll set up the space for you and you do the heck you want with it. I'm tired of the slacktivism, you gotta put your time in it, not just your money! (yeah we want your money too!).

I know, rant-ily-rant. Time for some action.

Absolute winner in the Finds / Collections / Restorations category and soon-to-be owner of a golden wingnut:

karlmartin95 for his IBM 4704 F77 find and restoration

You can read more about it on his thread... and once again we confirm that DT is a bunch of old farts who like to brutalize precious old hardware (FFS I'm kidding!).

In the Project & Overall Coolness category the competition was brutal, but at the end the undisputed winner is:

SneakyRobb for his Beamspring project

Check out his work and if he doesn't deserve the cool project award I don't know who does!

Thanks to all the participants and voters. A special mention to snacksthecat who didn't make it by a whisker, next year my friend!

Have a nice holiday, merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate or not celebrate, happy new year unless you are in China, Korea, Java, ... and I'm sure there are others.

SneakyRobb
THINK

03 Dec 2019, 15:33

Ah wow! I really appreciate this everyone, thanks. Thanks for doing this matt3o as well as all you do for the site.

karlmartin95 your project was super cool. As well Snacks the Cat continues to do excellent work. I'm honoured and really appreciate this. I have some updates to the thread as well coming soon!

karlmartin95

03 Dec 2019, 16:10

Thanks matt3o for all that you do for this community and for all the members too that make this great resource of data grow every year.

SneakyRobb congratulations for the prize and also your project was awesome! The rest of the participants deserves my personal congrats too, all the projects were excelent!

ZedTheMan

03 Dec 2019, 19:30

Congrats, winners! You both did awesome work. I am very much so looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor, @SneakyRobb

cookie

05 Dec 2019, 14:13

Congrats to the winners!

Return to “Deskthority talk”