Paid the stupid tax? - Topre Type Heaven

troubadour

16 Dec 2019, 22:07

Hey guys, just bought a Type Heaven 40g uniform from ebay. Probably paid too much. Dunno if I'm gonna ask for a refund, but I do believe I should have made a lower offer. Board is crusty as fuck, and I think there's a high probability dude would've gone cheaper. Not sure, will more closely examine condition upon arrival. Anyway, how do you clean topre boards? I'm a virgin topre buyer; I know there's a rubber dome pad underneath the keys--should I peel that off and wash it...?
Last edited by troubadour on 04 Jan 2020, 04:43, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2019, 22:15

No!

Take a look at this to get an idea what Topre insides are like:

viewtopic.php?p=456422#p456422

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Dec 2019, 23:16

troubadour wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 22:07
I'm a virgin topre buyer
Aren‘t they all?

troubadour

17 Dec 2019, 00:09

Wodan wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 23:16
Aren‘t they all?
Good joke.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Dec 2019, 07:25

I‘ve got a handful of Topres myself, it‘s a life of sacrifices and pureness. Don‘t let the gunk or girls trunk lead you off the righteous path.

Ilostmytoeinvietnam

17 Dec 2019, 17:57

Topre, the best modern day alternative to a traditional mechanical. In my opinion, topre feels amazing. It is on par with todays best, and at that it is a huge departure from what most people would want. The rounded tactility is interesting, and I like that it actuates midway, instead of all the way down in a traditional rubber dome keyboard. If you like the feel of topre there are some other keyboard you could check out. The ibm 7953 is the only other one that I have personally tried, but I have heard very good things about scorpions dome with slider, and btc dome with slider. Maybe just some alternatives to try out.

Return to “Keyboards”