White Aruz switches

subcat

04 Feb 2020, 08:26

Years ago I purchased one of those dodgy keycap sets for like $3 from 2.taobao (when it was still a site). They often came with random PCB/plate assemblies. I ended up with this, and felt like I'd better document it just in case Daniel Beardsmore is still lurking somewhere. These switches have been mentioned on DT before, user terrycherry did a great job in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=13709.

Allegedly, they're clicky. None of these click, some have what is indistinguishable between a generous helping of garden soil inside and a tactile bump. Even the SKCM clones have lost any semblance of their identity and emit an anguished cry upon actuation. It's really an astonishing sound, I've never heard anything like it.

Make no mistake, this thing is a steaming pile of garbage and radiates very cursed energy. Here are some shots of the switches and the only markings on the PCB:
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
it isn't laughing anymore.
it isn't laughing anymore.
unnamed (2).jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
This soldering work, which appears to have been conducted by some kind of barn animal:
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
One of two very sad CSC-branded 4-tab SKCM white clones which had the misfortune of finding its way into this keyboard:
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg (722.16 KiB) Viewed 1311 times

Chyros

04 Feb 2020, 08:59

To be honest, these don't look like Aruz to me at all, although I don't doubt there's a commonality of design to it. Never seen these switches before!

Return to “Gallery”