Solenoids

mrmola

24 Mar 2020, 01:55

Does anyone have any schematics or measurements for one of the solenoid clickers or where to purchase one? I know how normal solenoids work but normal solenoids are for pushing things in and out and have a long travel time.

zzxx53

24 Mar 2020, 23:44

See this thread for experiments with generic arduino solenoids.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23048&p=455538#

mrmola

25 Mar 2020, 07:01

I already was planning on powering it with a relay and a external power source. Hell, I even already have the relays left over from another project. I am wondering where to get solenoids, because I remember hearing that normal solenoids such as this one aren't actually designed to whack against anything and make a noise, while specifically designed keyboard clickers are. I have access to a ton of magnet wire that i could use to wrap the solenoid, along with a 3d printer which i could use to print the barrel and magnets. I would rather buy an actual clicker solenoid though as I believe that it would have a better and louder "click" then anything i could make.

OldIsNew

25 Mar 2020, 17:11

I've ordered these soleniods off ebay before. Not an exact match for beamspring solenoids but they've worked well enough for me:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/0837L-06C20-6V ... 1438.l2649

mrmola

26 Mar 2020, 02:57

Does it make a nice clack?

Return to “Keyboards”