Crashing current prices for IBM Model M

rymut

02 May 2020, 18:47

Model M prices were quite steep in recent years, so I decided that something needs to be done with a sad state of market.

I finally got to the point when I probably should part with my IBM model M's bought over the years.

I tear them apart, about 2 years ago to do a proper cleaning (which I did with ultrasound, boards still need to be cleaned), learn how to bold modded them (which I didn't) and add protocol converter (only to a few boards that I gifted to some people).

Now I am left with a lot of complete boards (i will need to assemble them), and after that prices of model M will temporary go down.
Beginning of Model M assembling process.
Beginning of Model M assembling process.
model_m.jpg (2.86 MiB) Viewed 2046 times
For those interested: sadly boards are quite recent, manufacture date 89-91, mostly Polish terminal layout.

Cattus_D

02 May 2020, 22:59

The 1989-91 ones are still very good, though! Cool that you'll be giving others the opportunity to buy one of your boards.

funkmon

05 May 2020, 21:51

Heck yeah. I'll buy one because I'm mental and collect these things for no clear reason!

SDS604

06 May 2020, 15:43

I may be interested in a known good membrane from one of the 122 key's if you've got one in your hoard depending on how mine is once I dig into it.

n3oNx

06 May 2020, 15:45

You've got a PM. Tks.

Reimu64

06 May 2020, 17:08

I've sent you a PM.

Return to “Keyboards”