Has anyone purchased keyboards from this seller?

Gnho

19 May 2020, 15:42

This seller seems to have a lot of IBM 3278. Has anyone purchased one from him or her? The shipping takes awfully long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264735915898?ul_noapp=true

John Doe

19 May 2020, 15:57

That means you have bought one?

Gnho

20 May 2020, 22:34

Yes I did and now I'm just waiting for the expected date to come and request for the refund. The seller never responded to any of my message.

John Doe

21 May 2020, 00:44

I didn't get response neither when I tried to ask for some pics about the board's detail last month..
Last edited by John Doe on 26 May 2020, 02:35, edited 2 times in total.

Gnho

21 May 2020, 01:38

Feels like a scam operation. I will update.

Karandach

21 May 2020, 09:08

Like John, I asked for photos two weeks ago and got no response.

jacksonh22

26 May 2020, 02:33

I'd suggest you get a refund ASAP. All the sellers' reviews as a seller are greater than a year old, and it's very possible the reviews are several years old. Maybe Ebay has a feature where you can't get a refund after 30 days, and that's why the shipping estimate is so long.

Here's my guess as to what's going on:
The Ebay account was legitimate in the past, and has been inactive for years. Someone probably gained access to the account and is using it to scam buyers, yet it appears the account is legit with all the positive reviews.

Gnho

16 Jun 2020, 08:20

Patiently waited until the week the board should arrive. Just got the refund without a word... not sure what’s going on. He has some recent positive reviews since my purchase.

Damonskv

16 Jun 2020, 09:27

I also bought from him. It ended up that he contacted me on the last day of the deadline when the shipment was supposed to be, and made a refund. In General, I do not understand what this financial model is, and why he does this, but it is definitely not normal.

kmnov2017

16 Jun 2020, 09:35

Damonskv wrote:
I also bought from him. It ended up that he contacted me on the last day of the deadline when the shipment was supposed to be, and made a refund. In General, I do not understand what this financial model is, and why he does this, but it is definitely not normal.
Actually its quite common. A lot of sellers, never have inventory on hand. They accept orders and set a 30 day shipment deadline in the hope they can find the products from their contacts, suppliers, etc. In the event they don't, they just cancel the order and refund the buyer.

John Doe

16 Jun 2020, 10:32

Damonskv wrote:
So how did he explain about this in mail? Or nothing explained but just couldn't arrange the shipping?

Damonskv

16 Jun 2020, 10:51

John Doe wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 10:32
Damonskv wrote:
So how did he explain about this in mail? Or nothing explained but just couldn't arrange the shipping?
Something about he doesn't have access to the product now, it was at the beginning of the quarantine because of covid, so it sounded plausible. He also promised to appear later and sell at a big discount, but did not get in touch, although I wrote to him several times.
Judging by the fact that I am not the only one, and all his products have a processing time of 30 days, apparently this is his strategy, but what is the point, I did not understand

JP!

16 Jun 2020, 16:26

That sucks. Shell out the cash and get really bad customer service and no beam spring. I've experienced a similar situation a couple years back but from a different seller. I got a refund at least.

Hmm, 30 days handling time. Set a low bar and hopefully exceed expectations?

SilenceGoo

16 Jun 2020, 16:33

How long will that take to get refund? Depends on ebay or Paypal? I have a similar case happened 40 days ago, but still in the process of getting my money back.

Frustrating.

Return to “Keyboards”