I'd like to have my account deleted

rubenvann

19 May 2020, 13:28

Hi,

I'm doing a big cleanup of my old/stale accounts. Since I don't really use my deskthority account anymore, I'd like to have this account deleted.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

JP!

19 May 2020, 13:58

rubenvann wrote:
19 May 2020, 13:28
Hi,

I'm doing a big cleanup of my old/stale accounts. Since I don't really use my deskthority account anymore, I'd like to have this account deleted.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben
Sorry, you cannot leave us!!! :lol:

depletedvespene

19 May 2020, 14:05

Well... on one hand, deleting the account would mean its assocciated posts would disappear, and that's not good. On the other hand, keeping it around would present an opportunity for spammers.

I wonder if we got a gripping hand available, in the form of the forum's software having the ability of permanently disabling (instead of deleting) an account.

Muirium
µ

19 May 2020, 14:17

They’ve only got 9 posts including this one. Not much rot if they do wish to delete.

The question of content loss vs. individual post ownership is more relevant when it’s someone who made a lot of material. The super cranky SSK reboot guy (Emmer Forever?) comes to mind. He nuked his stuff, which lingers on in other people’s quotes. The remains are a trail of a project with lots of effort and even more potential, gone for naught.

(Perhaps it was inevitable. From what I heard he ultimately didn’t exactly get on with Unicomp either!)

zrrion

19 May 2020, 17:59

depletedvespene wrote:
19 May 2020, 14:05
I wonder if we got a gripping hand available, in the form of the forum's software having the ability of permanently disabling (instead of deleting) an account.
This is sort of what banning an account does, maybe there is a version of a ban that says "account disabled" instead of "banned user" I think a few forums do something like that to old accounts so that spammers can't hack them.

Shihatsu

22 May 2020, 08:12

Unfortunately it is the right of every user to get his whole account deleted - deleted in "everything gets purged". This is definately not a ban. A ban can be undone.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 May 2020, 11:45

sorry for the delay, to request an account deletion send me an email from the same account you used to register on DT

Return to “Deskthority talk”