WTB Cherry g80-2100H*D keyset(full or partial)

Damonskv

17 Jun 2020, 18:20

Hello, Gentlemen!!! I was lucky to find the chassis from Cherry g80-2100HAD, unfortunately I only have the case and pcb, so I really need to find the keyset, I understand that the chance to find a keyset for HAD is almost zero, but I hope I can find something that will bring the keyboard closer to the original

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Jun 2020, 12:21

This is a sad example of a very, very rare keyboard having obviously been butchered for its vintage black switches.

It has the same layout as what in the wiki I called the "first generation" G80-2100, i.e. with the Cherry key in the programming block itself (instead of in the cursor block like in later versions), but the case is still in the G80-1000 design while the version shown in the pic linked above in this post already used the G80-3000 design.
Spoiler:
Comparison pic:

It would have been a highly rare (and valuable!) collection item, now it's just an eviscerated corpse.
What a waste!

Damonskv

18 Jun 2020, 13:05

kbdfr wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 12:21
This is a sad example of a very, very rare keyboard having obviously been butchered for its vintage black switches.

It has the same layout as what in the wiki I called the "first generation" G80-2100, i.e. with the Cherry key in the programming block itself (instead of in the cursor block like in later versions), but the case is still in the G80-1000 design while the version shown in the pic linked above in this post already used the G80-3000 design.
Spoiler:
Comparison pic:

It would have been a highly rare (and valuable!) collection item, now it's just an eviscerated corpse.
What a waste!
Yes, thank you, I know about this keyboard, because I am a big fan of the earliest g80-2***, it was torn apart not only for the sake of switches, but also for the sake of getting the r1 cherry logo keycap, which is a fetish for many community members. I hope that sooner or later I will be able to restore it to a decent state, no matter how long it may take. It will be a great companion to the other two keyboards in this case that I already have

Tias

19 Jun 2020, 14:10

I'm always amazed whenever I see a 2100. Even more so when I see that particular 2100 HAO with a swedish/finnish layout. A very rare board sporting a very uncommon national layout. Hope you manage to find at least some og parts to restore that stripped 2100 :D

ddrfraser1

19 Jun 2020, 14:23

Someone needs to do a modern gb of this board, complete with the led screen

Damonskv

19 Jun 2020, 14:24

Tias wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 14:10
I'm always amazed whenever I see a 2100. Even more so when I see that particular 2100 HAO with a swedish/finnish layout. A very rare board sporting a very uncommon national layout. Hope you manage to find at least some og parts to restore that stripped 2100 :D
Yes, I only want to use OG caps, and Germany in particular, because it’s HAD.
In fact, finding the main block caps is not a problem, even with the leds in the right places, it is harder to find the side f1-f10, and it is almost impossible to find the top f's because they are blanks with sideprint, except for f11, 12, and of course r1 cherry cap

Damonskv

05 Jul 2020, 17:19

bump

Last bumped by Damonskv on 05 Jul 2020, 17:19.

Return to “Want to buy”