New workbench

ddrfraser1

28 Jul 2020, 19:47

Some of you may have noticed I’ve not been posting as much in the last month. Or not, who knows :sweat_smile: :laughing: :man_shrugging:

Anyway, here’s why. For the last few years I’ve been doing all my soldering and building on this dinky little table with all of my tools stashed in an unorganized mess. This is what it looked like on a good day.

IMG_3105.jpg
IMG_3105.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 2195 times

Needless to say, a proper workbench is has been a long time coming. Here’s the final result.

IMG_3165.jpg
IMG_3165.jpg (2.16 MiB) Viewed 2195 times

Soldering station:

IMG_3163.jpg
IMG_3163.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 2195 times

Bought an old Lenovo ThinkCenter with not bad specs. Intel i7, 8gb ram, 250gb SSD :ok_hand:

IMG_3164.jpg
IMG_3164.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 2195 times

Anyway, I’m pretty pumped to get some no nonsense, real manly man work done now. But more importantly, I can now resume inundating you all with my project posts :grin: :wink:

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

28 Jul 2020, 19:52

Lowkey jealous, that is a dream workspace! I love the way you set up your shelving and tool racks, although I have to ask why the calculator on the soldering desk?

ddrfraser1

28 Jul 2020, 19:56

Redmaus wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 19:52
Lowkey jealous, that is a dream workspace! I love the way you set up your shelving and tool racks, although I have to ask why the calculator on the soldering desk?
Thanks. First of all, I'm obviously a sucker for vintage stuff and mostly I just needed a good place to put this :lol: But also, it's just handy to have. Not so much for soldering but whenever I'm making a custom case or something else and I need to double check angles or measurements.

Edit: Fun fact, it actually has some really smooth, nicely weighted linear switches! No idea what kind tho. I'm too nervous to pull a button in case I break something.

Sturmtiger001

11 Aug 2020, 22:27

Lovely workspace, hoping to get my own someday!

Return to “Gallery”