[SORTED] CM Storm QuickFire Rapid keyboard

phinix

31 Jul 2020, 00:50

Looking for a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid keyboard

ideally grey case but black is fine too
Last edited by phinix on 03 Aug 2020, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

davkol

01 Aug 2020, 18:42

Do you have a preference wrt ANSI/ISO? Switches or modifications (replacement controller,…)? Price?

phinix

01 Aug 2020, 19:31

davkol wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 18:42
Do you have a preference wrt ANSI/ISO? Switches or modifications (replacement controller,…)? Price?
Let me know what you have and how much you want for it.

I like that old grey case color, but black is fine too.
I like mx blacks, but will consider any other switch type.

I would LOVE to get it with programmable controller, if not I'm already contacting the man behind those controllers to get one.

ANSI preffered.

phinix

02 Aug 2020, 23:29

I'm still looking for one.

Hypersphere

03 Aug 2020, 00:01

I saw a QF Rapid and a QF Stealth recently on eBay (US) for quite reasonable prices, considering that these keyboards have apparently been discontinued and all the vendors I've looked at are sold out. Shipping to the UK along with the import tax might add quite a lot to the cost, however.

phinix

03 Aug 2020, 00:19

Hypersphere wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 00:01
I saw a QF Rapid and a QF Stealth recently on eBay (US) for quite reasonable prices, considering that these keyboards have apparently been discontinued and all the vendors I've looked at are sold out. Shipping to the UK along with the import tax might add quite a lot to the cost, however.
Yeah, I saw few on ebay, we may talking about same probably.
Shipping fees + tax rases it a bit, that's correct.

For example, I bought small item for $28 from US, then when it came, I had to pay extra $20 of tax, fees etc.
When you buy something cheap just above the threshold, it hurts really bad ;)

But still, I may buy one of those, just to get it, saw one for like $40.

Then I would just need to get that programmable controler for it and would have all I need:)

phinix

03 Aug 2020, 12:24

Bought one from Mr davkol !
MX Blacks, ANSI, grey case, original caps and Including frosty flake - all I wanted :)

This was my first mechanical keyboard when I started this adventure in my life over 8 years ago.
Happy to having it again :lol:

Hypersphere

03 Aug 2020, 14:29

@phinix: Bravo! Excellent score. Although I am not a fan of Cherry mx, I think the CM Quickfire series was rather good -- a very sold board. Moreover, there are drop-in programmable controllers available such as the Frosty Flake. It's unfortunate that CM stopped producing the original QF boards, but it is good that you were able to locate one nevertheless.

Return to “Want to buy”