[WTS] [US-OR] Apple IIc Type 2 Keycaps (Alps PBT) | VTCL 2269 (Laser) Keyboard Keycaps (ABS Doubleshot Cherry Mount)

VelonicV

23 Jul 2020, 06:42

Hey y'all,

Looking to sell two sets of keycaps from boards I harvested switches from:

First is a set of PBT keycaps (minus ABS spacebar) from an Apple IIc machine, specifically with Type 2 keyboard which had SKCM Amber switches. The keycaps are in quite decent condition, although the spacebar has yellowed a bit.

Looking for $30 for this set.

Next up are doubleshot, Cherry mount, ABS keycaps that came from a VTCL 2269 (branded Laser) keyboard. Some keycaps have quite a bit of shine, and have a slight yellow tint, but the yellowing is uniform and consistent across all keycaps.

Looking for $25 for this set.

horribleatcalculus

04 Aug 2020, 09:24

pm.

kelvinhall05

09 Aug 2020, 04:25

How does the stab work on the BAE of the Laser set? Does it have a plate insert where \ | goes? Potentially interested if I can use them on a normal plate...

EDIT: I am assuming the other stabs are standard, would love confirmation on that too :D

VelonicV

09 Aug 2020, 12:55

kelvinhall05 wrote:
How does the stab work on the BAE of the Laser set? Does it have a plate insert where \ | goes? Potentially interested if I can use them on a normal plate...

EDIT: I am assuming the other stabs are standard, would love confirmation on that too :D
It's a bit of a weird mount with two stabilizers, but the second one not really needed surprisingly. Here is a short video of it mounted in a Drop Alt without the second stabilizer, along with a picture of the underside of the keycap: https://imgur.com/a/fp6dvzj

Chyros I believe actually uses a similar set (with the bottom row from a different keycap set cause of the need for Windows keys I believe) on his GMMK:

kelvinhall05

09 Aug 2020, 16:52

VelonicV wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 12:55
kelvinhall05 wrote:

It's a bit of a weird mount with two stabilizers, but the second one not really needed surprisingly. Here is a short video of it mounted in a Drop Alt without the second stabilizer, along with a picture of the underside of the keycap: https://imgur.com/a/fp6dvzj
Interesting. I think I'd be interested then, yeah. I'm currently a bit busy with my GB so I will very likely hit you up in a week or so :)

Return to “For sale”