[WTB/WTT] IBM Beamspring 3278 A02 or 3279

Deus_LB

24 Jul 2020, 10:37

Here we go for the long shot.

Looking for my ultimate unicorn, the Beamspring 3278 Model A02 or 3279 as shown below.

Don’t really mind between a German or US version, unrestored is fine for me, will not be picky on the condition, only on internal condition.

Wanna consider a PayPal but can also put some part of my collection to make the right deal.

HAVE (edited)

- Model M Indy SSK (Mopar) with boltmod by Clickykeyboards’ Brandon (Have the OG Plastic cover and OG MDS cover)
- Model M 101 Indy (Oval badge) with nice blue sublegend keys (non modded) (also have a NOS 101 Indy case)
- Beamspring 5251 French Azerty Layout, Restored and converted to USB,
- Full blue key set from a Selectric I : complete with knobs etc. Super duper clean set (removes from an actual Selectric by a former IBM engineer)

Thank you for reading me so far

Stay safe
Attachments
CC7D82C2-96DA-4535-AE7C-5C2CEF1671FA.jpeg
CC7D82C2-96DA-4535-AE7C-5C2CEF1671FA.jpeg (92.49 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
Last edited by Deus_LB on 02 Nov 2020, 09:29, edited 4 times in total.

shine

24 Jul 2020, 11:09

Have to admit that my heart jumped a bit when I first thought that this was a sell post lol.

very nice collection as well, GLWB!!

Deus_LB

24 Jul 2020, 11:13

Don’t worry, mine would have do a barrel roll too ^.^

Maybe there is one out there who knows ?

Thank you :) ideally I rather buy it but thought that someone could be interested in a trade :)

Deus_LB

01 Aug 2020, 18:49

Bump

Deus_LB

25 Aug 2020, 22:13

And again

JP!

26 Aug 2020, 03:42

Wow you have some really nice stuff. Sadly I'm missing this 3278 and also missing a Mopar SSK :cry: I seen a nice 3278/79 a while back but wasn't willing to pay $2k (plus tax) for one.

Deus_LB

27 Aug 2020, 19:23

I think we saw the same on the bay, took to much time to think about it and wasn’t sure about the German layout, kinda regret that I wasn’t sure ...

The Mopar was a fantastic bargain however ^^

JP!

27 Aug 2020, 20:11

The one I seen was US layout not German. I do think you got the Mopar SSK that I lost because I was trying to get a better deal on an already fair price :(

Deus_LB

27 Aug 2020, 21:07

Pretty sure we weren’t on the same :) got mine out of Ebay for very cheap, was the only bidder and then manage to get it

Deus_LB

13 Sep 2020, 10:50

And up

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 11:28

And again (sorry for flooding, kinda stubborn..)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Sep 2020, 18:37

Deus_LB wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ibm-beam-sprin ... 7675.l2557

Did you grab that one by chance?

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 20:34

Redmaus wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 18:37
Deus_LB wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ibm-beam-sprin ... 7675.l2557

Did you grab that one by chance?
Was about to but no.

The seller looks fishy, shipping costs were crazy (400US$ wherever the destination) and the guy keeps posting and reposting the same auctions. I asked more pictures of it, he never replied, I waited till too late.

Craziest thing was I almost click the button, but to much variables, price was fine to me but I rather like a « clean deal ».

Kinda mad tbh..

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Sep 2020, 20:57

Deus_LB wrote:
Was about to but no.

The seller looks fishy, shipping costs were crazy (400US$ wherever the destination) and the guy keeps posting and reposting the same auctions. I asked more pictures of it, he never replied, I waited till too late.

Craziest thing was I almost click the button, but to much variables, price was fine to me but I rather like a « clean deal ».

Kinda mad tbh..
Literally the exact reason I didn't either. I was about to buy it, but really didn't like that the shipping was clearly inflated to line the buyer's own pockets and the fact that it was based in china with a sketchy seller.

Also mad I didn't grab it, if it was $1800 + reasonable shipping I probably would have bought it.

inmbolmie

26 Sep 2020, 21:09

No doubt that was a high risk operation... shipping is from China, the guy has zero feedback as seller, only posting high value
keyboards and some with terrible sloppily made photos, incredible if you are trying to sell a $1000+ thing online.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/febin2253/m.html

I won't say it is s scam, looks more sloppy than "scammy", but I wouldn't risk so much money either.

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 21:20

Redmaus wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 20:57
Deus_LB wrote:
Was about to but no.

Kinda mad tbh..
Literally the exact reason I didn't either. I was about to buy it, but really didn't like that the shipping was clearly inflated to line the buyer's own pockets and the fact that it was based in china with a sketchy seller.

Also mad I didn't grab it, if it was $1800 + reasonable shipping I probably would have bought it.
Couldn’t say it better than you did.

Price was what I wanted to pay for it so no problem there, but looking closely at what was happening on the seller’s 3277 auction (outrageous pictures, close to zero description, no inside, no backpanel) and keep reposting it I was already suspicious.

Shipping costs were inflated so hard that I don’t even understand the point of doing it.

The Chinese market for such keeb is already pretty high, why bother selling it on eBay, taobao is filled with high priced keebs.

And finally no reviews as seller.

If he had replied to me I could have take a shot at it, he didn’t, I waited more than a year to get on of these, I can wait more.
Last edited by Deus_LB on 26 Sep 2020, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 21:21

inmbolmie wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 21:09
No doubt that was a high risk operation... shipping is from China, the guy has zero feedback as seller, only posting high value
keyboards and some with terrible sloppily made photos, incredible if you are trying to sell a $1000+ thing online.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/febin2253/m.html

I won't say it is s scam, looks more sloppy than "scammy", but I wouldn't risk so much money either.
Plus the fact that there was no description, the picture was so bad I wasn’t even sure that it was an US layout and not a German layout (it was an American one but still hard to see).

I’m mad, but I can live with it.

Weezer

27 Sep 2020, 09:24

So I was the one who bought the keyboard.

If it makes you feel any better, there never was a keyboard to be had. The seller is listing all of his ebay auctions on Chinese sites as well. Even though I bought the keyboard, the seller canceled my order a couple hours later, before money had even left my account, because he'd sold it to another person in China.

I'd say he also reads this forum as well because his shipping prices have been adjusted.

Deus_LB

27 Sep 2020, 09:40

Weezer wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, there never was a keyboard to be had. The seller is listing all of his ebay auctions on Chinese sites as well. Even though I bought the keyboard, the seller canceled my order a couple hours later, before money had even left my account, because he'd sold it to another person in China.

I'd say he also reads this forum as well because his shipping prices have been adjusted.
Dropshipping ? Even better ...

I’m glad that nothing left your account mate :)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

27 Sep 2020, 23:21

Weezer wrote:

Like Deus said, really happy nothing left your account. :) I hope ebay does something about him since he still has another beamspring up with ridick shipping price at the time of me typing this.

Deus_LB

04 Oct 2020, 11:10

Wonder where it finally went, nothing on Taobao yet..

Weezer

13 Oct 2020, 04:55

I think what actually happened is someone messaged the seller with an offer after I'd bought it. I got an update today on ebay that the keyboard is shipping to the UK. What a terrible seller, no joke.

shine

13 Oct 2020, 19:03

Weezer wrote:
I think what actually happened is someone messaged the seller with an offer after I'd bought it. I got an update today on ebay that the keyboard is shipping to the UK. What a terrible seller, no joke.
after i sold a beamspring on ebay i got A LOT messages from this seller asking for more beamsprings kb's, with weird shipping conditions. He wanted me to ship it to the uk where another guy will got it to china.. very suspicious guy

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

13 Oct 2020, 22:45

What a shifty sleazeball, I reported him on ebay hopefully the account is gone soon

Deus_LB

14 Oct 2020, 11:17

shine wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 19:03
Weezer wrote:
after i sold a beamspring on ebay i got A LOT messages from this seller asking for more beamsprings kb's, with weird shipping conditions. He wanted me to ship it to the uk where another guy will got it to china.. very suspicious guy

Some kind of drop shipping ? Or just plain and simple flipping ?

By the way the Italian 5251 is very very suspicious. I discover him on Facebook marketplace and it’s picture was the same as one sold previously (found via gimage)...

What is going on lately ...

Deus_LB

02 Nov 2020, 09:30

Edited, 5251 is now refurbished and converted, Mopar SSK for its boltmod :)

Deus_LB

14 Dec 2020, 12:22

The hunt is over :)

Deus_LB

14 Dec 2020, 12:25

Paid a pretty penny but it’s in pristine condition, paint is mint (one very small scratch) internals are clean as it can be
Attachments
F00ECC3B-C1DD-47AB-B466-329C3FAE8A70.jpeg
F00ECC3B-C1DD-47AB-B466-329C3FAE8A70.jpeg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 4475 times

John Doe

14 Dec 2020, 12:52

Wow, darn cool...

webwit
Wild Duck

14 Dec 2020, 19:55

Congrats, the most beautiful beam spring!

Return to “Want to buy”