IBM Model M 1395162 Soarer Config

destuba

14 Sep 2020, 18:33

Hey everyone,

Just got a new Model M terminal keyboard and the soarer converter as well. Unfortunately, none of the keys A to ' are registering, along with four function, a few num pad, and the alt/space keys. It works with the original IBM terminal 100%, but I have a feeling I have to remap and have no clue how to do so.

I've got hid listen and they do not appear when I press them, and I've downloaded Soarer's sctools v.1.10. Any tips?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

14 Sep 2020, 18:48

Are you using the latest soarer config? Also before messing with soarer's too much I would try TMK. The terminal_usb or xt_usb should work.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/tree/master
I would say its a membrane issue but since it works fine on your terminal that is doubtful.

destuba

14 Sep 2020, 19:10

Not sure how to update it. I downloaded tmk, but I don't know how to use that either. Does that work with my converter? It's from tinkerboy.

Like mentioned, I am clueless right now.

Tbernstein2368

15 Sep 2020, 03:44

Not sure which board you’re working with. At the risk of offending you have you flashed the converter with the Soarer’s firmware? I ask because you have to do that first. When you use HID listen does it just say ‘Listening............’?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

15 Sep 2020, 04:04

destuba wrote:
Not sure how to update it. I downloaded tmk, but I don't know how to use that either. Does that work with my converter? It's from tinkerboy.

What soarer converter do you have? Is it one of the adapter ones from Orihalcon or are you using a pro micro/Teensy?

destuba

18 Sep 2020, 21:45

Tbernstein2368 wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 03:44
Not sure which board you’re working with. At the risk of offending you have you flashed the converter with the Soarer’s firmware? I ask because you have to do that first. When you use HID listen does it just say ‘Listening............’?
I have not-- how do you flash it? I know hid listen recognizes when I press any other key. Do you have to run one of the exes in the soarer download? This is a '93 terminal model m.

destuba

18 Sep 2020, 21:48

(part no 1395162, id no 5045077)

destuba

18 Sep 2020, 21:50

Redmaus wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 04:04
destuba wrote:

What soarer converter do you have? Is it one of the adapter ones from Orihalcon or are you using a pro micro/Teensy?
This is the converter I have. Image

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Sep 2020, 23:07

I'm actually not sure how to troubleshoot this then as there is no nondestructive way to access to reset pin.

I would contact who you bought it from and explain the issue to him.

Return to “Keyboards”