[WTB] 3101 Beamspring barrelplate, backplate and PCB

headphone_jack

19 Sep 2020, 23:39

Need for a restoration. Shipped from within CONUS only.

ZedTheMan

20 Sep 2020, 16:58

Best chance for PCB would be to have a new one designed or printed. For barrelplate and backplate, would also probably need to get them machined.
Unfortunately getting the parts for the restoration might be difficult.

Weezer

20 Sep 2020, 17:17

ZedTheMan wrote:
Best chance for PCB would be to have a new one designed or printed. For barrelplate and backplate, would also probably need to get them machined.
Where would you recommend as far as designing/printing new PCBs?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Sep 2020, 17:30

Weezer wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 17:17
ZedTheMan wrote:
Where would you recommend as far as designing/printing new PCBs?
JLC would probably do a great job making it, and I bet kelvinhall could design it for jack.

Also I agree with Zed, finding those very rare parts alone would be quite difficult. Your best bet is to get the plate and backplate machined. Keep in mind you can use cheaper materials than what was originally in there, stainless steel or aluminum is your best bet.

Weezer

20 Sep 2020, 19:31

Redmaus wrote:
JLC would probably do a great job making it, and I bet kelvinhall could design it for jack.

Who are JLC and kelvinhall? Are they members?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Sep 2020, 19:44

Weezer wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 19:31
Redmaus wrote:

Who are JLC and kelvinhall? Are they members?
I was referring to JLCPCB, and kelvinhall is a member who has designed PCB's for other keyboards.

kmnov2017

21 Sep 2020, 13:36

Contact user emdude. His custom 3277 PCB needs an extra column to the left to make it compatible for 3101.

headphone_jack

22 Sep 2020, 06:57

ZedTheMan wrote:
Any idea what the cost would be for machining both a backplate and barrel plate? Trying to do this as low budget as possible. Hopefully I can salvage the case, but that’s a problem for another thread. As for the PCB, well, I need to learn kicad someday. Might as well be for this. If I fuck it up, then kelvin is more than capable of making one.

zzxx53

23 Sep 2020, 22:24

headphone_jack wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 06:57
Any idea what the cost would be for machining both a backplate and barrel plate? Trying to do this as low budget as possible.
@wcass has expertise with the machining part; could try PM him.

Return to “Want to buy”