F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

dafoomie

13 Nov 2020, 21:51

Is separate shipping still available?

Ellipse

13 Nov 2020, 23:55

Yes it is - please check with me first over email / PM and I will confirm that your order is in stock.

ixenxr

14 Nov 2020, 18:28

I just received the F77 today, ordered on 04/2019 without low serial option.

The board was not properly pre-configured for JIS keys though, and I couldn't find a way to configure with xwhatsit firmware. I asked @pandrew for QMK and now it worked perfectly after fiddling with his web configurator.

I really like it so far! And the keys feel noticeably lighter than my restored model F AT too, maybe because it's brand new?
Attachments
ap_3.jpg
ap_3.jpg (373.52 KiB) Viewed 9229 times
Last edited by ixenxr on 14 Nov 2020, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Ellipse

14 Nov 2020, 18:33

ixenxr if you don't mind please do post the JIS JSON file for QMK! I was not exactly sure how to configure JIS in the firmware for your keyboard.

And yes, the keyboards switched over to QMK earlier this year as the default, so the xwhatsit utility will not work unless you flash the xwhatsit firmware.
Last edited by Ellipse on 14 Nov 2020, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

ixenxr

14 Nov 2020, 18:52

Sure thing, I attached the renamed json file in the post, I have not set up the layers though.
Attachments
default_48ccc88.json.docx
(801 Bytes) Downloaded 123 times

ixenxr

15 Nov 2020, 11:43

After one day of use, I decided to try changing the USB cable, when I opened it up and out of curiosity I want to see what's written the other side of the PCB (a stupid reason, I can't even read the circuits or have done any soldering job) so I did unscrew the controller and checked it out a bit.

Now I'm having problems where the keys sometimes don't register and were late sometimes.
For example, if I type "test" quickly, it sometimes output "tes", "test", or "tse", this happens to every key I've tried. Is there anything I could do with this?

Edit: After a few hours the issue seemed to fade out, maybe because of the auto-calibration?

fbblovezl

15 Nov 2020, 14:38

!!!!!!
I purchased f77 from https://www.modelfkeyboards.com WITHOUT logging in. Will there be any problems? Can someone answer me? I am very anxious. I don’t know if I can receive F77 normally.

John Doe

15 Nov 2020, 17:40

Dont worry, should be fine if provided correct address&phone number.

Ellipse

16 Nov 2020, 17:35

fbblovezl wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 14:38
!!!!!!
I purchased f77 from https://www.modelfkeyboards.com WITHOUT logging in. Will there be any problems? Can someone answer me? I am very anxious. I don’t know if I can receive F77 normally.
this is OK. You do not have to log in to place an order. Most people do not log in or create an account.

Ellipse

16 Nov 2020, 17:38

ixenxr wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 11:43
After one day of use, I decided to try changing the USB cable, when I opened it up and out of curiosity I want to see what's written the other side of the PCB (a stupid reason, I can't even read the circuits or have done any soldering job) so I did unscrew the controller and checked it out a bit.

Now I'm having problems where the keys sometimes don't register and were late sometimes.
For example, if I type "test" quickly, it sometimes output "tes", "test", or "tse", this happens to every key I've tried. Is there anything I could do with this?

Edit: After a few hours the issue seemed to fade out, maybe because of the auto-calibration?
Possibly it was not re-assembled 100% correctly. Did you put both screws back? Also did you unplug and re-plug in the keyboard only after putting everything back in place? I don't think the auto-calibration will work as well if you plugged in the keyboard before putting the ground screws back in place. After checking, please unplug and replug in the keyboard and post an update if you notice any issues.

Ellipse

16 Nov 2020, 19:01

Good news - the lost/stolen keyboard has been safely returned to me by Cargo Largo. I want to thank Cargo Largo and the buyer for their cooperation and helpfulness. I especially want to thank the buyer for checking out my blog entry about this particular lost/stolen keyboard and letting me know about it.

Ellipse

16 Nov 2020, 21:02

Dye sublimation update: Dye sublimation quality approved for production; alignment very good for nearly all keys but not yet approved

More good news - the latest sublimation tests arrived today by DHL Express and the quality is outstanding, as good as the earlier samples and in my opinion equal to or better than my 99th percentile quality IBM Model F reference set. I have also examined them with my Meiji EMT stereo microscope like last time.

Legend alignment has improved significantly from last month's testing, but it is still not good enough in some instances. The factory noted that they are going to focus on the alignment, now that the sublimation quality has been confirmed good. As a note, some keys are repeat keys because the jig holds more keys than are contained in a standard key set. Some keys like Ctrl, Alt, Left Shift have been left out of the key set sample. Please see my prior note about the Function keys - the below alignment is not correct for the function keys and Esc keys (as well as other keys) and they will be standard Model F / Model M locations for the production key sets.
2020-11-16 new Model F keys - Copy.jpg
2020-11-16 new Model F keys - Copy.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 8792 times
2020-11-16_16-52-40.jpg
2020-11-16_16-52-40.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 8792 times
2020-11-16_17-03-44.jpg
2020-11-16_17-03-44.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 8792 times
Last edited by Ellipse on 16 Nov 2020, 23:16, edited 2 times in total.

Admiral

16 Nov 2020, 21:21

Great to hear about the dye sublimation. I did have one question, are your special solenoids available yet or do they come in on the second shipment? I remember receiving two solenoid drivers but never received the two solenoids, and just wanted to be sure that it being on the second shipment was the case.

Ellipse

16 Nov 2020, 23:06

Correct Admiral the solenoids themselves will be on the second container shipment, expected to arrive around the end of 2020 or the first week or so of January.

Also I have posted the November update on the project web site blog - for a summary of all the updates and forum postings please head over there. https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/blog/

consensual-penis

17 Nov 2020, 01:33

man, can't wait to get my caps and black mini case. gonna have a mighty dank model F

darkcruix

17 Nov 2020, 09:32

Wonderful news - looking forward to get my hands on the printed sets.

btw: just started to add the artwork of each individual key to the appendix of the technical document available at https://www.bucklingspring.com.

Takashi

17 Nov 2020, 13:06

I have to say I'm a little jealous of seeing all these keyboards here. I ordered mine in July of 2017, but because I don't have any spare keyboard I have to wait until all dye sublimation tests are finished and I can get the complete keyboard... :-P

Ellipse: Does the international layout (Swedish in my case) also get included in the first shipment of the sublimated keys?

ixenxr

18 Nov 2020, 13:23

Ellipse wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 17:38
Possibly it was not re-assembled 100% correctly. Did you put both screws back? Also did you unplug and re-plug in the keyboard only after putting everything back in place? I don't think the auto-calibration will work as well if you plugged in the keyboard before putting the ground screws back in place. After checking, please unplug and replug in the keyboard and post an update if you notice any issues.
Yes, I did. The first few things I did was unplug and replugging the keyboard but the issues still persisted for two or three hours. After I mentioned about it fading out the issue was gone for good. I have not touched anything inside the case ever since I first reassembled it though.

OxC0FFEE

18 Nov 2020, 18:37

Ellipse wrote:
Also I have posted the November update on the project web site blog - for a summary of all the updates and forum postings please head over there. https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/blog/
I went there first today and almost had a heart attack because I misread the update title as "second container shipment lost/stolen"

My heart nearly skipped a beat XD

Ellipse

18 Nov 2020, 20:45

ixenxr, glad all is working now. Have you asked pandrew about it? I am far from an expert on the PCB hardware/firmware side of things.

Takashi I am not sure about the division of shipments and which orders and specifics will be in each shipment. Maybe after they make a few hundred sets I just have them DHL Express mailed to me so I can inspect and mail them out; not sure yet.

OxC0FFEE I reordered the title - do not want to scare anyone!

russcule

19 Nov 2020, 03:23

Success in the continuation of my saga with the silent 'O' key! See?! It's the O O ooooooo key at work!

I am not entirely sure why I succeeded. I suspect I was firmer and more exact (?) in pressing down the springs for both the 'I' (which failed during my 'repair') and the 'O' keys. This is encouraging, because I dreaded the idea of opening the keyboard and getting into the deep weeds. And, in fact, it encourages me to believe that I might well be able to do just that someday, if needed.

cloudhax

19 Nov 2020, 19:38

finally ordered one, eager to join the fun

darkcruix

19 Nov 2020, 20:55

cloudhax wrote:
Nice! Even after a few months I am still happy like a child on X-mas morning. I am so full of joy, when typing on it, I can't even tell.

shampoo

19 Nov 2020, 21:12

darkcruix wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 20:55
cloudhax wrote:
Nice! Even after a few months I am still happy like a child on X-mas morning. I am so full of joy, when typing on it, I can't even tell.
It really is an incredible keyboard.

J

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Nov 2020, 22:35

consensual-penis wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:33
man, can't wait to get my caps and black mini case. gonna have a mighty dank model F
Endgame :evilgeek:
f62.jpg
f62.jpg (274.9 KiB) Viewed 8106 times

robo

19 Nov 2020, 23:02

Does anyone have a nice cable they're using with the Model F? Was looking at some custom coiled cables and am tempted to get one, but wondered if anyone had one already.

Arkku

20 Nov 2020, 13:36

Hello, I finally decided to order a Model F as well, joining this forum as well to get on the hype train while waiting =)

dcopellino

20 Nov 2020, 15:22

OxC0FFEE wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 18:37
Ellipse wrote:
I went there first today and almost had a heart attack because I misread the update title as "second container shipment lost/stolen"

My heart nearly skipped a beat XD
Argh, so I see that there has been a first container casted away or worst, stolen!
That's the matter someone reported odd sales on FB at an underrated price...I am so sorry man. I wish to be part of the new model f club asap, the original and genuine one, of course.

Ellipse

20 Nov 2020, 17:06

The container shipment arrived safely last year and hundreds of new Model F keyboards from that shipment have been QCed and have gone out so far, with many still to go. No container was stolen or lost. The second container hasn't shipped yet and is expected to ship around month end (has been delayed this year).

One keyboard was lost by UPS but has since been recovered.

tron

20 Nov 2020, 22:02

@pandrew, would it be possible to have access to the QMK beta ?

Return to “Group buys”