GK64 pcb problem

bn4k

12 Jan 2021, 08:04

Hello.

I have GK64 in alum case with Liang DF64BRGB plate inside.
After a static electrical discharge on the keyboard case, the column of keys from ESC to CRTL-L stopped working. All LED's working fine. I re-soldered items Q5 and Q6, 'cos they looked messed up (burned out), replacing them with new ones, but that did not help. M/b someone know what may be wrong and how cad i repair it?

Plate image

m_raggie

12 Jan 2021, 17:11

Be sure the switches are fully seated into the sockets. Insert the switch and look from underneath to be sure the switch leads are inserting correctly.

Here is a good reference: https://rama.works/m60a-keys-not-registering

bn4k

13 Jan 2021, 05:10

Oh... checked twice. Seems that everything inserted corretctly/

m_raggie

13 Jan 2021, 05:29

Do you have a multimeter? I would check the diodes for that column with a Diode test.

Check for any lifted traces. If a trace looks damage you can use jumper wire to remedy it.

Does the problem happen only when the PCB is in the case by chance? If so it may be shorting to the housing.

bn4k

14 Jan 2021, 13:31

Do you have a multimeter?

Yes i do.
I would check the diodes for that column with a Diode test.
I dont have scheme for this pcb board, but it looks like there is no diods at all. Elements that i replased was transistors, and i have no idea fot it purposes. May be they are replaces diodes some how.
Check for any lifted traces. If a trace looks damage you can use jumper wire to remedy it.
Seems like there is no damages on traces
Does the problem happen only when the PCB is in the case by chance? If so it may be shorting to the housing.
This happens even if i take pcb board out of case.

m_raggie

14 Jan 2021, 22:48

Have you tried reflashing the PCB?

If I had to guess, they look to be surface mount Schottky Diodes. The components labeled D##. I can't seem to make out any distinguishing numbers on those diodes though.

Were the transistors you replaced an exact match to the ones which were damaged?

Have you bench tested each of the switches you've inserted? You could Jumper the sockets one at a time to see if you can get any to respond.

bn4k

15 Jan 2021, 11:26

No, i haven't.
If I had to guess, they look to be surface mount Schottky Diodes. The components labeled D##. I can't seem to make out any distinguishing numbers on those diodes though.
Two elements what i replaced was marked with S1 code and was packaged in SOT-23.
Components labeled as D## marked as A1

Full board

m_raggie

15 Jan 2021, 18:17

bn4k wrote:
No, i haven't.
Two elements what i replaced was marked with S1 code and was packaged in SOT-23.

Full board
Personally I would look into using QMK Configurator and QMK Toolbox. First, to map our your key layout and save to a file. And second, to flash the pcb and reprogram the keys.

This may provide no benefit but it is worth a shot and doesn't take too much time.

m_raggie

15 Jan 2021, 18:17

bn4k wrote:
No, i haven't.

Full board
Personally I would look into using QMK Configurator and QMK Toolbox. First, to map our your key layout and save to a file. And second, to flash the pcb and reprogram the keys.

This may provide no benefit but it is worth a shot and doesn't take too much time.

Return to “Keyboards”