What are your keyboard projects for 2021?

Jacobalbertus1

31 Jan 2021, 03:30

Rebuild my 4978 beamship

TNT

22 Feb 2021, 03:22

Finish my Omnikey (it's finally going to get blue Alps).
I also want to restore and convert an M0110a and my Thomson TO9. Other than that I still have an unfinished custom build (Unitek K150) sitting around in my desk drawer.

Also, I'm going to sell a few of my boards and will hopefully get lucky and find an affordable Beamer somewhere ...

Go-Kart

22 Feb 2021, 09:45

My first bucking spring keyboard. Bought a Model M that needs a lot of work but I'm looking forward to getting to know it and finally finding out what all the fuss is about.

depletedvespene

13 Mar 2021, 23:36

My projects are divided up into three distinct categories:

Realistic:
  • Put cork feet in the F77's underside.
  • Order a few deskmats in custom sizes, tailored for the SSK, the F77 and the WASD v2 (so each keyboard will have its own size-matched mat instead of a gigantic 900×400 mm² thing).
  • Replace the WASD's controller with that QMK controller I bought in 2019.
Pushing it:
  • Actually write that post for DT with my findings about using a numpad on the leftside.
  • Learning how to use QMK beyond the web configurator (so I can do some stuff that I'm already doing with Soarer's Converters).
  • Keyboard census!
  • Completing that half-done 75% build.
Haha, think 2022 2023 2024:
  • Keyboard and parts inventory!
  • Collecting enough SKCC cream switches for...
  • Replacing a pingmaster's Alps SKCC green switches with Alps SKCC cream switches.

Tahoma

18 Mar 2021, 02:56

Just finished my “warm-up” of cleaning three Unicomp keyboards of various vintages (and fixed the space bar on one). Next is learning how to work with a teensy to get a IBM 122 key Model M to dialog with Linux.

micmil

18 Mar 2021, 18:15

- Dye my M122 case.
- Sort out the C3 Maestro protocol and get a converter set up that will allow me to become the Macro King of the Universe.
- Get the Soarer's documents into the wiki, then work towards better documenting certain features.
- Figure out why the frick a Packard Bell 5130 doesn't work on a known-good PS/2 adapter or just Pro Micro the SOB and be done with it.

Muirium
µ

18 Mar 2021, 20:07

depletedvespene wrote:
Replace the WASD's controller with that QMK controller I bought in 2019.
I wasn’t around for that. Do / did they have them for Filco MJ2? I remember bpiphany used to do them for various Costar keyboards way back when but I didn’t have one yet.
micmil wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 18:15
- Get the Soarer's documents into the wiki, then work towards better documenting certain features.
A noble endeavour!

depletedvespene

19 Mar 2021, 12:37

Muirium wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 20:07
depletedvespene wrote:
Replace the WASD's controller with that QMK controller I bought in 2019.
I wasn’t around for that. Do / did they have them for Filco MJ2? I remember bpiphany used to do them for various Costar keyboards way back when but I didn’t have one yet.
This was a 2018 group buy on GH; I discovered it late (of course), but lucked out into getting an extra controller.

Muirium
µ

19 Mar 2021, 12:45

Ah, fair enough. No Filco support, anyway. Does look a clean design though.

Return to “Keyboards”