F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

DrivenKeys

23 Feb 2021, 10:04

elcano wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 03:56
Do these slots located at each side of the keyboard have an intended purpose? They look like a space reserved for a very specific slide switch, but I'm not sure which one would fit there.
My first guess was that they could possibly accomodate a flat cable, perhaps for some custom terminal configurations.

Ellipse

23 Feb 2021, 17:35

DrivenKeys I have spare boxes available (please email me if interested) but no spare inner foams. If anyone needs the foam please contact me closer to year end as part of the final round when I will make some extras.

azor_738

24 Feb 2021, 09:21

Hi, could I get an invite to the QMK beta please?

Bjerrk

24 Feb 2021, 12:38

azor_738 wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 09:21
Hi, could I get an invite to the QMK beta please?
Hi azor_738, send a private message to pandrew. Increases the chance he sees your message.

Ellipse

25 Feb 2021, 05:02

Linus Tech Tips question for everyone:

I've gotten a few recommendations to find someone who was in touch with the team over at Linus Tech Tips?  Hopefully they might want to maybe make a new Model F video like their Model M reborn video.  

If anyone can help with this please do let me know over PM.

Or maybe one of you tweeting at LTT might do the trick! If I remember correctly, Notch is a fan of the Model M's and found out about the project through a DT forum member's tweet!

russypt

25 Feb 2021, 16:40

I wonder if they still have the set props and digital effects setup from that segment. That video has 4.3M+ views, and was itself made because of an offhand comment about the Model M catching so much attention.

If Linus still has his tan suit, he should totally do it.

Ellipse

25 Feb 2021, 19:33

Someone sent me an ingenious layout modification with the HHKB style split right shift - did not think this was possible! Using the full 2.75U right shift key on the HHKB style split right shift board, with one key to the right of the shift key. Posting their photos with their permission:
shift1.jpeg
shift1.jpeg (757.08 KiB) Viewed 12115 times
shift2.jpeg
shift2.jpeg (757.62 KiB) Viewed 12115 times

profanu429

26 Feb 2021, 01:40

Damn, just got my B stock ANSI+HHKB.

If this is B stock, I can't wait to get my hands on A stock. Fantastic.

Scarpia

26 Feb 2021, 10:56

profanu429 wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 01:40
Damn, just got my B stock ANSI+HHKB.

If this is B stock, I can't wait to get my hands on A stock. Fantastic.
Looks great — what’s up with that neat stubby cable though?

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2021, 11:06

Maybe it’s on a reel! Extends when you pull it…

Nah. Looks like a USB socket to me. Essentially giving the Kishy a detachable cable.
Ellipse wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 19:33
Someone sent me an ingenious layout modification with the HHKB style split right shift - did not think this was possible! Using the full 2.75U right shift key on the HHKB style split right shift board, with one key to the right of the shift key.
Nice to see that Model F flexibility still at work. But, that particular mod does cost you another key, somewhere off your bottom row. Whivh would ne a nit stramge for typimg. dom’t you thimk?

profanu429

26 Feb 2021, 13:59

Scarpia wrote:
It’s a short USB C extension cable; I got the idea from earlier in the thread :)

Right Angle USB C Extension Cable 0.6FT ... UTF8&psc=1 is the one I used and it fit pretty well inside the case. It’s not as clean as making a flush port but I’m waiting until I get my second case to drill and dremel this one for the flush socket.

For now though it works pretty well to make it a little more “portable”.

Scarpia

26 Feb 2021, 19:14

profanu429 wrote:
Scarpia wrote:
It’s a short USB C extension cable; I got the idea from earlier in the thread :)

Right Angle USB C Extension Cable 0.6FT ... UTF8&psc=1 is the one I used and it fit pretty well inside the case. It’s not as clean as making a flush port but I’m waiting until I get my second case to drill and dremel this one for the flush socket.

That’s great! I may have to do something similar to mine now!

profanu429

26 Feb 2021, 19:36

Scarpia wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 19:14
profanu429 wrote:
Scarpia wrote:

That’s great! I may have to do something similar to mine now!
Just make sure your controller is the USB-C version, otherwise you'll need a micro USB right angle extension, I think that's the only big issue.

hanxor

27 Feb 2021, 10:31

Hi folks - I'm on the fence about ordering a solenoid setup for my F62.

One major blockage is my lack of programing knowledge. I've read the official instructions and googled my best - but still haven't found clear dumby instructions on how to actually make it work with QMK.

"You need to adjust the config.h and rules.mk as well as shown below. keymap.c is attached (click “For QMK” above for a link to this file)

config.h
#pragma once
#define TAPPING_TERM 200
#define TAPPING_TOGGLE 2
#define SOLENOID_MIN_DWELL 40
#define SOLENOID_MAX_DWELL 80

rules.mk
TAP_DANCE_ENABLE = yes
HAPTIC_ENABLE += SOLENOID"

Before I give up on this dream, is there a place that'll have easier steps to follow for this idiot?

darkcruix

28 Feb 2021, 15:20

hanxor wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 10:31
Hi folks - I'm on the fence about ordering a solenoid setup for my F62.

One major blockage is my lack of programing knowledge. I've read the official instructions and googled my best - but still haven't found clear dumby instructions on how to actually make it work with QMK.

"You need to adjust the config.h and rules.mk as well as shown below. keymap.c is attached (click “For QMK” above for a link to this file)

config.h
#pragma once
#define TAPPING_TERM 200
#define TAPPING_TOGGLE 2
#define SOLENOID_MIN_DWELL 40
#define SOLENOID_MAX_DWELL 80

rules.mk
TAP_DANCE_ENABLE = yes
HAPTIC_ENABLE += SOLENOID"

Before I give up on this dream, is there a place that'll have easier steps to follow for this idiot?
You actually won't need to do anything. The QMK firmware is ready - out of the box. Just plug everything in on the correct way and you are good to go.

Ellipse

28 Feb 2021, 18:53

So the code for the solenoid is now built in to the QMK Model F? I did not see a solenoid toggle button in the list of keys on pandrew's QMK site - might be good to have one to turn on and off the solenoid in the firmware by a key command?

darkcruix

28 Feb 2021, 20:30

Ellipse wrote:
So the code for the solenoid is now built in to the QMK Model F? I did not see a solenoid toggle button in the list of keys on pandrew's QMK site - might be good to have one to turn on and off the solenoid in the firmware by a key command?
HPT_TOG is the Quantum key code - you can use the configurator and just add "Any" from the Quantum codes and type HPT_TOG and assign it to any layer and key you like.
Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 8.28.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 8.28.28 PM.png (707.85 KiB) Viewed 11530 times

Ellipse

28 Feb 2021, 21:12

Thanks darkcruix - is there a way to create a button named solenoid on/off? Something that is more easy to implement?

hanxor

28 Feb 2021, 23:47

darkcruix wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 20:30
Ellipse wrote:
HPT_TOG is the Quantum key code - you can use the configurator and just add "Any" from the Quantum codes and type HPT_TOG and assign it to any layer and key you like.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 8.28.28 PM.png
Thank you so much! Placed my order in just now!

Edit: Are solenoids in-stock or am I just placing a pre-order?

Ellipse

01 Mar 2021, 00:13

Solenoids and nearly all the other small items in the store outside of the keys are coming in the second container shipment, which has arrived at port and will be delivered to me within 1-2 weeks from now. But yes they all finished production!

photometer

02 Mar 2021, 18:50

IMG_E3475.JPG
IMG_E3475.JPG (1.67 MiB) Viewed 11196 times

My F77 with all keys - I have the complete set now -yay!!

The key feel is really good. The Lettering is really dark.
Btw, the orange key is re-legendable key from Fentek that I have configured to open the calculator app.

darkcruix

02 Mar 2021, 20:01

photometer wrote:

Btw, the orange key is re-legendable key from Fentek that I have configured to open the calculator app.
Looking forward to receive mine ... these keycaps look gorgeous.

DrivenKeys

03 Mar 2021, 14:19

photometer wrote:

This looks incredible! I'm now more excited to eventually get mine, which will even have the same switch diagram winkey. I'm even using the same wrist rest. Very nice.

Ellipse

03 Mar 2021, 17:27

The most recent update summary has been posted on the project web site blog: https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/blog/

Includes a note on the next batch of sublimated keys as well as a second container shipment update:

The second container ship arrived at port and delivery is being arranged for some point in the next week or so. Container shipping demand has skyrocketed in recent months, along with delays. Normally shipping is about 45-55 days but it’s much longer nowadays – a little over three months including shipping and processing time, making arrangements, etc.

I have been preparing to send out all of the “all in stock” keyboards from the second container shipment (first the custom/low serials and then the remaining all in stock orders).

darkcruix

03 Mar 2021, 18:03

DrivenKeys wrote:
photometer wrote:

This looks incredible! I'm now more excited to eventually get mine, which will even have the same switch diagram winkey. I'm even using the same wrist rest. Very nice.
And I have received the kit as well. Except the Option/Alt Key and the Num-Pad is now original!!! And they feel so smooth... Wow... Especially the Shift keys are a world apart from the Model M I had before.
The printing is soooo sharp.... WOOOOOWWWWW
IMG_4464.JPG
IMG_4464.JPG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 10994 times

Sam

04 Mar 2021, 05:34

Darkcuix, that looks very nice. If I can ask, I assume you're using that keyboard with a Mac. How do you have it setup for switching to Caps Lock?

photometer

04 Mar 2021, 06:04

darkcruix wrote:
DrivenKeys wrote:
photometer wrote:

And I have received the kit as well. Except the Option/Alt Key and the Num-Pad is now original!!! And they feel so smooth... Wow... Especially the Shift keys are a world apart from the Model M I had before.
IMG_4464.JPG
Glad you are enjoying the keys. Do you typically have more use of the Number keys in the NumberPad instead of the Home/End/Page Up etc keys?

darkcruix

04 Mar 2021, 08:11

photometer wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 06:04
darkcruix wrote:
DrivenKeys wrote:

IMG_4464.JPG
Glad you are enjoying the keys. Do you typically have more use of the Number keys in the NumberPad instead of the Home/End/Page Up etc keys?
For me it is a good mixture of both. I tend to stay 60% on MacOS and then the navigation keys are different to Windows (e.g. Home/End are not to jump to the beginning and end of a line but the full text). I could remap them, but as I change between Linux and Windows also, it isn't practical. On Windows I find myself rarely using the num-pad and always have the Nav Cluster active.

darkcruix

04 Mar 2021, 08:13

Sam wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 05:34
Darkcuix, that looks very nice. If I can ask, I assume you're using that keyboard with a Mac. How do you have it setup for switching to Caps Lock?
I never had the desire, nor the need to write all caps ;). But just in case it would be needed, I have Fn+Ctrl mapped.

raoulduke-esq

04 Mar 2021, 14:59

darkcruix wrote:
For me it is a good mixture of both. I tend to stay 60% on MacOS and then the navigation keys are different to Windows (e.g. Home/End are not to jump to the beginning and end of a line but the full text). I could remap them, but as I change between Linux and Windows also, it isn't practical. On Windows I find myself rarely using the num-pad and always have the Nav Cluster active.
This is one of the first things I do whenever I get a new Mac or do a clean install. Makes Home/End work like they would in other OSes without needing to change anything on the keyboard.

Are those the FENTEK relegendables? If so, do they come with just the clear top, or with both parts of a 2-piece key?

Return to “Group buys”