Programming a Tipro board on-the-fly like a Cherry G80-2100

Muirium
µ

26 Sep 2021, 16:43

kbdfr wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 08:05
vvp wrote:
25 Sep 2021, 20:50
Of course it should not be like a chocolate bar. I did not see a column staggered chocolate bar yet :mrgreen:
The best thing about double chocs: you can just break off that last column for a tasty snack *and* enjoy a better layout!

vvp

27 Sep 2021, 11:48

That is nice! I did not see it yet. But it is still row staggered :)

Floating.Point

06 Oct 2021, 17:45

I'm quite sure I've seen POS keyboards where some of the switches have been covered with some kind of "blanking" keycap, where that key is not in use… I must be getting the search terms wrong, because I can't find any examples. Does anyone know a) what Im talking about and b) where I might get some?

an_achronism

06 Oct 2021, 18:02

Floating.Point wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 17:45
I'm quite sure I've seen POS keyboards where some of the switches have been covered with some kind of "blanking" keycap, where that key is not in use… I must be getting the search terms wrong, because I can't find any examples. Does anyone know a) what Im talking about and b) where I might get some?
You're talking about switch blockers, and the only place I recall seeing them was from Signature Plastics. I don't know where they get them from, though, and they claim not to be the manufacturer themselves.

Floating.Point

06 Oct 2021, 18:08

"Switch Blockers!" hahah of course 🤦‍♂️
Thank you… now to just actually find some, SP are out of stock :(

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Oct 2021, 19:43

There exists two kinds, one flat (even with the keyboard surface when in place, so that they then actually press the switch) and the other one kind of pyramidal.

I may have a few beige flat ones, but won't be able to check immediately.

Floating.Point

07 Oct 2021, 01:04

Thanks Tiproman :) Those pyramidal ones sound interesting. I would want black though, as that's my keyboard colour. At least there's a second avenue for exploration, so thanks again

Return to “Workshop”