Glissant's giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED INSIDE.

Glissant

30 Jun 2012, 06:12

So without further ado, here are the winners of the two categories.

The mod category winners are:

#1 Dox with the ErgoDox.

#2 komar007 with a modified Cherry MX 8100.

#3 Half-saint with a modified TG3 BL82.

Keyboard winners are required to pay shipping for the keyboard they choose, and they can not already own the keyboard type that they choose.
First place gets first choice, so I will get in contact with all the winners when I can.
All winners contacted.

The key cap/design category winners are:

#1 Megnin with the idea to map any image to the keycaps using dye-sublimation.

#2 jdcarpe with a cool blue setup.

#3 cyngguru with a nice colorful setup.

The top tier prizes will be distributed via private message. I will contact you when I can.
All winners contacted.

Honorable mentions in alphabetical order:

asdf
DanGWanG
DeathAdder
HeyZeus
leesofi
MagicMeatball
Ripster
The_Beast
tubby

All honorable mentions will receive a prize!
All honorable mentions contacted.

Thanks for participating in this huge giveaway. It was a fair bit of work, but we were happy to do it.
Don't forget to thank the people that donated extra stuff for our giveaway!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about time that I give some stuff away here at Deskthority. I have posted this at Geekhack now that the forum is back up.

One important rule to note: If you joined after this was posted or you have less than 20 posts, you will be scrutinized extra to make sure you are not a cheater.

This time I will be giving away a little more than last time too. SO MUCH MORE STUFF! (link to my old giveaway)

~~~
If you want a chance to win any of the lovely stuff that I have as a giveaway you only need to post your most impressive keyboard modifications and/or customizations in picture form. If you don't have the key caps or keyboards to post a picture of something awesome, then I would also love to see something illustrated through a drawing or computer graphics.
So to be totally transparent; I want you to show me a cool looking keyboard with key caps, a cool case, a nice paint job and/or anything cool you have done to your keyboard. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, but I do want to see your personal preference in what you post, so if you only have some key caps, then show us what you like to do with them.

~~~

I will be shipping world wide, so anyone can and should enter if they have the time.

Here's the insane list of stuff we have to giveaway this time. WOW! THAT'S A LOT OF STUFF!

A full Ragnarok 104 set with Tsangan compatibility kit(no stars). (picture of tsangan kit stolen from Ragnorock)
(The collectible doll is not included in this giveaway, sorry!)

A midnight blue ClickClack skull.
(The lego IS included in this giveaway!)

A mintgum ClickClack skull donated by net2522!

A new prize has been donated by Mrinterface! It's a Full bag switch sample bag :o
Check it out:
Yay for Mrinterface!
Check out the Sample bag thread for more information on the sample bag.

demik has added his giveaway to our giveaway, so we now have these things to offer thanks to him!

A siig minitouch, An Access IS and an Abs M1!
You can not receive a keyboard that you already have, and demik has vowed to castrate anybody that tries to sell the keyboards for profit at a later date.

And an assortment of different key caps.
The "profile" of the key caps in the above image are:
Matte blank gold plated caps lock (The caps lock is not in this giveaway), red wasd and the rest are esc row keys.
More novelty key caps! A bunch of hammer & sickle, some Pi and a lavender WASD set.
And how about some more novelty key caps?
Hiero got in today!

I just got something else in the mail today as the giveaway ended so I am adding them here:

There are now TWO categories of entries.
One category will be modification and the other is keycap/design/customization.
You guys don't need to worry about which category you are in, because ultimately it will be my wife and I who decide who wins what.

The entries for the keycap/design/customization part of the giveaway will be able to win this:
(We are running a trickle down system on the different parts because there are so many.)
First place:
will get the choice between either the Ragnarok set, the mint gum ClickClack skull or the midnight blue ClickClack skull. And will also receive a Full bag of sample switches from Mrinterface!
Second place:
will get either the Ragnarok set, the mint gum or the midnight skull depending on the first place's choice.
Third place:
will get the remaining piece of the Rag set, the mint gum skull or the midnight skull

The entries for the modification part of the giveaway will be able to win this:
First place:
will have first choice of one of the three keyboards
Second place:
will get second choice
Third place:
will get the last remaining keyboard
I must stress that if you win a keyboard, we will need you to pay for shipping. We aren't made of money ;).

Honorable mention entries:
All novelty caps we have will be distributed by us to worthy entries.

No matter how you cut it, those are some amazing gifts!
All keys are Cherry MX compatible.

Best of luck to anyone that enters! I hope you have fun =D.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I reserve the right to add or change any rules and/or information at any time of the giveaway.

Deadline for new entries will be Wednesday 08/01/2012 (August first two-thousand-and-twelve) 1 pm EST (16:00 GMT).

A couple of additions that came to mind during the night:
Only 1 entry per person. If you post more than one I will have to ask you to pick one, and delete the other(s). I will not do this for you.
No cheating!
Put some thought into your entry. You can submit whatever you want, but trust me when I say that my wife is very critical to this hobby 8)

(Having this thread sticky would be awesome by the way ;) )
Last edited by Glissant on 03 Aug 2012, 09:13, edited 30 times in total.

Glissant

30 Jun 2012, 06:12

Removed list. Doing it a whole different way
Last edited by Glissant on 02 Aug 2012, 06:52, edited 11 times in total.

boost

30 Jun 2012, 06:26

Here's my work board

Robogeek
Last edited by boost on 03 Jul 2012, 18:14, edited 3 times in total.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 07:23

Hah, I have that lego!

As you C!

i3oilermaker

30 Jun 2012, 08:02

Well my masterpieces arrived just in time for this!! I spent a lot of hours getting these SVGs just right and a lot of weeks patiently waiting for them to be manufactured and shipped. I am thrilled with the way they came out!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

30 Jun 2012, 08:09

Hey, this thread is a splendid idea, thanks for giving away things which undoubtedly have a real commercial value,
and doing it just to have people display their keyboards, mods and ideas.

And good luck to those who will enter this contest and show us their amazing stuff.

rodtang

30 Jun 2012, 09:12

The only modified keyboard I have is one of the worst RD ever that I used a sharpie on so it's kinda red now. That's not counting my main RD which I did a key swap on.

CeeSA

30 Jun 2012, 11:45

ok, first i would like to throw in my last Cherry G80 1501 tenkeyless Mod:
full.jpg
full.jpg (89.01 KiB) Viewed 9970 times
full_led.jpg
full_led.jpg (145.02 KiB) Viewed 9970 times
cut_area.jpg
cut_area.jpg (47.45 KiB) Viewed 9970 times
Modding thread:http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/cher ... t2610.html

*edit* sorry, this case had no cardreader. I took the pic away.Normally there is a card reader and i mod another 1501 with cardreader. But this topside should be from a HAD or something.
Last edited by CeeSA on 30 Jun 2012, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

CeeSA

30 Jun 2012, 12:01

2nd i would like to refer to the Switch Try Numpad version 2 project with Mr. Interface.

I do the hardware modding and put Alps, Cherry MX and Cherry ML in one functional unit together to test this switches live.
stb v2 full.jpg
stb v2 full.jpg (115.44 KiB) Viewed 9967 times
Layout.JPG
Layout.JPG (76.67 KiB) Viewed 9967 times
cherry and alps.jpg
cherry and alps.jpg (155.47 KiB) Viewed 9967 times
switch try thread with video:http://deskthority.net/try-before-you-b ... t2834.html

HzFaq

30 Jun 2012, 13:49

CeeSA wins. I'm not even going to bother posting my feeble efforts.

Ekaros

30 Jun 2012, 13:54

Some very basic modding, don't know if I should post the rest... Or the clear cap board...
Steelkeys 6G modding from partly reds to blacks, one original switch seen.
Steelkeys 6G modding from partly reds to blacks, one original switch seen.
SK_6G_Reds.png (733.53 KiB) Viewed 9909 times

CeeSA

30 Jun 2012, 15:02

is there are a limit of postings to compete? I love mini boards, i could post more tenkeyless modding. :)

mkawa

30 Jun 2012, 15:21

just want to say that glissant is good people. keep fighting the good fight man!

raptorized

30 Jun 2012, 15:48

I'm getting an IBM Model M SSK soon ^_^

Ekaros

30 Jun 2012, 15:56

raptorized wrote:Image

I'm getting an IBM Model M SSK soon ^_^
Is the picture mirrored or really left hand model?

Glissant

30 Jun 2012, 16:26

A couple of additions that came to mind during the night:
Only 1 entry per person. If you post more than one I will have to ask you to pick one, and delete the other(s).
Having modified a keyboard with lots of technical skill will not guarantee a win. I am looking for cool key cap setups, paint jobs, led mods, or anything that you have done to your keyboard. A funny key cap placed in a certain way can just as easily get my wife to laugh enough so you win.

This isn't a contest to show how much skill you have. I want to see how you decorate your keyboards too.

Also, if somebody thinks they could organize the information in my thread better, please don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I have a feeling there is a lot of reading to do just to get to some of the relevant information.

Loving the submissions so far. Keep them coming =D.

Don't forget that you don't have to own anything to participate. You could draw something! =D

CeeSA

30 Jun 2012, 16:31

hm, ok - i am out :(

better you would be exact at op before i put my pics up

Glissant

30 Jun 2012, 17:15

You are out because you can only post one thing? Your choice, but that seems like a slight over reaction on your part.

It clearly says that I reserve the right to change anything about the giveaway at any time.

Oh, and this is free stuff, man. Don't be so serious =).

mkawa

30 Jun 2012, 17:19

ok, you got me. i'll enter my SSK.

it's not much, but should keep the submissions moving
Attachments
005.JPG
005.JPG (1013.32 KiB) Viewed 9839 times

DanGWanG

30 Jun 2012, 18:00

I always thought this was my best shot photo...

KBC Poker with ergo-Clears, treble's aluminum tray in Gunmetal (powdercoated), Dolch alphanumeric, white/black Cherry + SP Moogle modifiers. But Glissant, you've seen this already =)

Edit: Oh, and whiskerBox's USB cable :)
Last edited by DanGWanG on 30 Jun 2012, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

off

30 Jun 2012, 18:17

@CeesA; I don't think he's disqualifying you in any way, but just affirming the others that they actually do have a chance, even with such a person like yourself participating ;)

*edit, damnit, phpbb didn't notify me of multiple ninjas..
Last edited by off on 30 Jun 2012, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

mmmty

30 Jun 2012, 18:18

^That's pretty awesome looking. I still have to enter one just in case I win :roll:
Filco ergo clear in Litster's acrylic case.

Glissant

30 Jun 2012, 18:20

off wrote:@CeesA; I don't think he's disqualifying you in any way, but just affirming the others that they actually do have a chance, even with such a person like yourself participating ;)

*edit, damnit, phpbb didn't notify me of multiple ninjas..
You are correct, off =).

Acanthophis

30 Jun 2012, 18:24

DanGWanG wrote:I always thought this was my best shot photo...

IMG

KBC Poker with ergo-Clears, treble's aluminum tray in Gunmetal (powdercoated), Dolch alphanumeric, white/black Cherry + SP Moogle modifiers. But Glissant, you've seen this already =)
Damn! That is one nice looking Poker!

Gonna add my pic to the contest as soon as I'm home.

damorgue

30 Jun 2012, 18:38

DanGWanG wrote:I always thought this was my best shot photo...

Edit: Oh, and whiskerBox's USB cable :)
I liked that one image so much I saved it for future reference when I saw it at GH btw. One of the reasons I got extra interested in the R3/R4 GB. If I remember correctly, these where yours as well? http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2897/dsc0311k.jpg

MagicMeatball

30 Jun 2012, 18:39

Using my HHKB2 Easter Edition instead :)

Last edited by MagicMeatball on 04 Jul 2012, 03:28, edited 5 times in total.

off

30 Jun 2012, 19:10

MMB:
Glissant wrote:A couple of additions that came to mind during the night:
Only 1 entry per person. If you post more than one I will have to ask you to pick one, and delete the other(s).
Looks like some HQ engraving on the black keys in the last pic though!

And DangWang; dang! The first two times I saw that I went like 'that indeed might've been the best photo of Maarten's UnbreaKEYble'.... :lol

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 19:15

damorgue wrote:
I liked that one image so much I saved it for future reference when I saw it at GH btw. One of the reasons I got extra interested in the R3/R4 GB. If I remember correctly, these where yours as well? http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2897/dsc0311k.jpg

I am SO gonna steal that look using my Aluminum KBTalking Pure someday. Right now I'm trying to figure out these DIP switches.

DanGWanG

30 Jun 2012, 20:08

damorgue wrote:If I remember correctly, these where yours as well http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2897/dsc0311k.jpg
Nope, those are actually MMB's :)

DanGWanG

30 Jun 2012, 20:10

ripster wrote:I am SO gonna steal that look using my Aluminum KBTalking Pure someday. Right now I'm trying to figure out these DIP switches.
I've actually currently got that setup on my Aluminum Pure :) Just haven't taken pics yet... (great minds think alike?)

Return to “Off-topic”