Karneval und Deutschland

keyboardlover

05 Mar 2011, 23:57

Any of you Germans into this? From what I've heard it's a big deal in the South.

Seems kinda weird to me.

Ascaii
The Beard

09 Mar 2011, 12:54

personally not into it at all...but it is a great excuse for the majority of the population to get smashing drunk.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

09 Mar 2011, 19:46

Ascaii wrote:personally not into it at all...but it is a great excuse for the majority of the population to get smashing drunk.
Just like pretty much any holiday. Germans even started stealing your American holidays like Halloween, just for more drinking reasons.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2011, 20:54

You have this in the Netherlands too. It's wrong, all wrong. Carnival should be associated with Rio, not ugly Germans or Dutch idiots in winter weather.

Mrinterface

09 Mar 2011, 21:01

Where I am from originally ( Maastricht ) there is an enormous amount of people dressing up silly and drinking lots of beer. Especially the beer drinking lures me into the carnaval trap every single year ;-) The virus didn't spread further than 1 neighboring province in Holland though.

Brian8bit

09 Mar 2011, 21:03

We have Saint Patrick's day coming up soon. That'll be fun.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2011, 21:31

The Rotterdam carnival was better, although they cheated by simulating Rio and ignoring the rain. I'd prefer the real Rio.

godly_music

13 Mar 2011, 03:35

I'm not a fan of hilarity on command. There's too many grandmas clapping hands in 4/4 rhythm if you catch my drift. Boozing's always fun though.

Return to “Off-topic”