Quarzac's WYSE Moogle kit Group buy

rainb1ood

01 Jul 2012, 18:18

Just in case anyone's curious how will they look like. Thanks Quarzac btw, I'll send a positive feedback as soon as the new GH goes up.

Got these in the mail today (with my yellowish WYSE caps):

MagicMeatball

01 Jul 2012, 18:45

Try this out for the yellowed keycaps:

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

rainb1ood

01 Jul 2012, 19:29

Will definitely try that! Thanks

Quarzac

01 Jul 2012, 20:54

Glad you like them! I thought they came out well also.

4en

01 Jul 2012, 21:38

can i steal your poker

AKIMbO

01 Jul 2012, 22:12

Quarzac moogle on my Filco Camo.

boost

01 Jul 2012, 22:23

Got mine, but missing the tab key:cry:

Quarzac

01 Jul 2012, 22:28

Blame Tsangan, I think? Whoever it was who posted the list I based the keys off of. Tab wasn't suggested until later, after I had started collecting orders and got things rolling. I could run a buy specifically for the tab key another time though.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

02 Jul 2012, 00:54

You shouldn't need another tab if you have a set of WYSE keys.

biochem

02 Jul 2012, 01:25

Got mine. WYSE + Moogles on a Leopold:
WYSE on Leopold.jpg
WYSE on Leopold.jpg (1009.66 KiB) Viewed 7407 times

hashbaz

02 Jul 2012, 01:32

These look excellent

Quarzac

02 Jul 2012, 02:39

hashbaz wrote:These look excellent
And they only took 3 months longer than intended!

shawn o

02 Jul 2012, 05:01

Worth the wait!!!!

Tranquilite

02 Jul 2012, 09:31

I got my set, waiting for my phantom to try them out, though I may put them on my Rosewill if I stop being so lazy..

akerasi

03 Jul 2012, 00:24

If there are any extras of these, I'd love a kit. I happened to acquire a Wyse set, which is currently being used on my Ghetto Gaming Keyboard, which is a Cherry G80-8113 with Ghetto Reds that I originally bought as a harvest board.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

03 Jul 2012, 01:29

Just got mine along with the G80, thanks Chris!

dorkvader

03 Jul 2012, 04:25

akerasi wrote:If there are any extras of these, I'd love a kit. I happened to acquire a Wyse set, which is currently being used on my Ghetto Gaming Keyboard, which is a Cherry G80-8113 with Ghetto Reds that I originally bought as a harvest board.
Cherry...8113...ghetto reds....

Suddenly I know where all the black keytops from those old WYSE boards I don't need are going: Into my 8113 with browns that just arrived.

Excellent!

(Oh, and PM'd about a spare WYSE set)

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

03 Jul 2012, 04:29

Dork, you planning on getting rid of the brown stems or did I misunderstand your post?

dorkvader

03 Jul 2012, 05:15

I can't think of what I'd use them for.

Ideally, I'd just grab 110 springs to make my clears (on the way) into ERGO-clears, but aftermarket springsa re only available from Korea :(

The other option is to get a super cheap TVS Gold keyboard, and just use the springs from that.

Of course if I turn my browns into ghetto reds, I can use the black springs to make my CMstorm with blues into a "ghetto green" board, which I think would work out rather well.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

03 Jul 2012, 10:02

I didn't replace the enter key because it's wrong. The arrow tail is the wrong shape and it's on the wrong side of 'Enter'.

and with my Ctrl key instead of Capslock:

megnin

03 Jul 2012, 14:36

biochem wrote:Got mine. WYSE + Moogles on a Leopold:
WYSE on Leopold.jpg
Your keyboard looks great!

I want to put mine on a Filco also, but I don't have the Home cluster keys.

I got my keys from a Wyse WY-60. I don't remember if it had the cluster or not, but I don't have them.

Where could I find either a full set or just the 6 Home cluster keys? Thanks.

[edit] Oh, I could actually use more than one full WYSE set. I have four Moogle sets. Thanks.

akerasi

03 Jul 2012, 15:38

dorkvader wrote:
akerasi wrote:If there are any extras of these, I'd love a kit. I happened to acquire a Wyse set, which is currently being used on my Ghetto Gaming Keyboard, which is a Cherry G80-8113 with Ghetto Reds that I originally bought as a harvest board.
Cherry...8113...ghetto reds....

Suddenly I know where all the black keytops from those old WYSE boards I don't need are going: Into my 8113 with browns that just arrived.

Excellent!

(Oh, and PM'd about a spare WYSE set)
It's a surprisingly good gaming keyboard, if you can deal with the fact that it's huge and kind of ugly. They have diodes, and therefore are NKRO on PS2 and 6KRO on USB with a good adapter. I just happened to have the parts lying around after a few other projects and figured it'd be good for Netrek and SC2.

DanGWanG

03 Jul 2012, 16:12

Mine still have not arrived yet :/

kaiserreich

03 Jul 2012, 17:07

sth wrote:I didn't replace the enter key because it's wrong. The arrow tail is the wrong shape and it's on the wrong side of 'Enter'.

and with my Ctrl key instead of Capslock:
It didn't occurred to me, but after inspection of my WYSE keys, the Enter key is the other way around. :lol:

off

04 Jul 2012, 13:13

sth wrote:I didn't replace the enter key because it's wrong. The arrow tail is the wrong shape and it's on the wrong side of 'Enter'.
and with my Ctrl key instead of Capslock
Stock Enter looking handsome indeed!
But I'm not digging the Ctrl cap, why is the lettering in the top left instead of mid left?

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”