Just ordered my new keyboard

viasacra89

03 Jul 2012, 11:20

I bought my first mech keyboard, a Corsair K60, a month ago. Thought it was good at first, but i kept running into issues to I got a replacement. Got the replacement today, and it turns out the keyboard just sucks, so I ended up getting Filco TKL Reds. It's coming on thursday and I don't think I've ever been so excited. Please hype me up some more ^_^

GeorgeStorm

03 Jul 2012, 11:23

What 'issues' were you running into?

viasacra89

03 Jul 2012, 11:29

Some weird things would happen while playing sc2 on the K60, I guess their implementation of 20kro didn't like my hotkeys/combinations.

off

03 Jul 2012, 12:14

Really interesting to hear more on those issues; since it's about the only one easily recommendable to friends over here..
(multimedia keys, metal, *availability*)

viasacra89

03 Jul 2012, 12:41

Some issues with keys repeating or sometimes not registering. Alot of weird things in game, I think having to do with spamming ctrl/alt/shift and the number row. The keys repeating is a known issue and Corsair is working to fix it, maybe my other problems are compounded because of it.

ZcHuer

03 Jul 2012, 15:39

I'm sure you will never get the chance to regret to have a Filco Red! :lol:

Lu_e

03 Jul 2012, 19:41

Shame I really like the looks of the Corsair and forgot about that board until now.

WRXChris

03 Jul 2012, 20:00

Oh you want some more hype do you? Mine just came in yeterday!

kalrykh

03 Jul 2012, 22:12

Where'd you get the caps? Not the ugly ass rbg modifiers, the regular keys that look like topre dye subs :p

mintberryminuscrunch

03 Jul 2012, 22:14

kalrykh wrote:...Not the ugly ass rbg modifiers,
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :lol:
PS: they are obviously regular cherry Doubleshots (the a-z keys etc)

snarlingchicken

04 Jul 2012, 08:08

I think you'll love it! I have a CM Quickfire with blues that I used and just recently picked up a Leopold FC700R (with the PBT caps) and I absolutely love it! The only reason I chose it over the filco is that I just wanted the nifty/potentially-overrated media keys lol. Although I do miss the costar stabilizers.

Those DS caps look amazing Chris :O

jellowiggler

04 Jul 2012, 16:36

Those caps look good Chris, I'm glad you like them.

off

05 Jul 2012, 12:10

snarlingchicken wrote:Although I do miss the costar stabilizers.
You know, there is a (destructive) fix for those cherry corp stabilizers :)
Spoiler:
Image from http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/cher ... t2780.html long ass read, for such a simple thing; suffice to say that this pic is the crux of it all.

kalrykh

05 Jul 2012, 12:34

Not sure why I hated cherry style stabilizers originally. I was probably just being a filco fanboy. Cherry's make it so much easier when changing out caps.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”