The Ultimate Flame Topic

fossala
Elite +1

09 Jul 2012, 22:51

MagicMeatball wrote:
fossala wrote:Being a goth in my teens
That explains everything. No further discussion required at this point.

:D
Forgive and forget? I do have some awesome pictures though.

MagicMeatball

09 Jul 2012, 22:52

fossala wrote:I do have some awesome pictures though.

hashbaz

09 Jul 2012, 22:54

zzspectrez wrote:I may be wrong, but I believe in the UK and some other english speaking countries the use of the word "cunt" is used more freely.

In the US, it is not used often in everyday cursing unless you are looking for a fist fight. my 2 cents.
This is true, fwiw. It's not a word that is used casually in the US, like say "fuck" is.

fossala
Elite +1

09 Jul 2012, 22:56

What confuses me is why dick isn't bad but cunt is?

MagicMeatball

09 Jul 2012, 23:00

fossala wrote:What confuses me is why dick isn't bad but cunt is?
Cultural differences, my friend.

hashbaz

09 Jul 2012, 23:00

That's right. It's true that stuff like this is all social convention and doesn't make sense a lot of the time. But words exist to express meaning and the mood of the speaker. It's the meaning that's insulting, not the sounds coming out of your mouth.

asdf

09 Jul 2012, 23:11

good job summoning him guys. high5s all around

dirge

09 Jul 2012, 23:12

Derogatory towards women, they hate that word as you'll already know.

ripster

09 Jul 2012, 23:14

I like "pussy". Bitches love pussy.

Wait, that came out wrong.

<rofl - 30 minutes to lurk..>
Last edited by ripster on 09 Jul 2012, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

09 Jul 2012, 23:31

^ The Demongolator demongolated the previous 56 posts.

ripster

24 Jul 2012, 05:19

Soarer wrote: Řĭpster is banned. Fair enough, ripstér certainly deserved it.

But for better or worse, ripśter is a large figure in this scene, and there's bugger all chance of you changing that.

So adding his name to the swear filter just appears childish and petty. Are you going to add all the variations that people will use to circumvent it? Will you reprimand / temp-ban people who break the rule of not circumventing the swear filter, just to mention ripsteŗ? It's not his name that is offensive, it was his behaviour.

Soarer.

Fuck you.

iMav.

Fuck you too.

Rest of Geekhack Moderator team...

Fuck you all and your childish Circlejerkers that won't confront me with why I was banned.

Please give me access to my Ripster Subforum so I can back up some typography, Ducky jokes, and 100 wiki/guides/reviews/mods.

Signed, Mother Theresa

P.S.

http://www.reddit.com/user/ripster55/

I just hit 1111 karma.

http://deskthority.net/mice-other-input ... t3520.html

Fuck Webwit too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

hashbaz

24 Jul 2012, 05:50

Rip you know damn well why you were banned. That said, you should be allowed to download the content of your wikis. Good luck. Stop whining.

ripster

24 Jul 2012, 05:58

I was banned for disagreeing the direction Geekhack was going.

Straight down into the shithole.

Input Nirvana

24 Jul 2012, 06:01

Ripster should absolutely have full access to copy his content from GH. Or they should do it for him. It's valuable, and he deserves it. It's the right thing to do no matter what universe you're from.

Soarer

24 Jul 2012, 11:31

Fuck you too, Řĭpster!

True, I would've banned you anyway, but really... what sane site owner wouldn't ban someone who maliciously deletes someone elses account using a security hole?! You deserved it, so man up and take the consequences. One of which is me saying you deserved it! What a truly fucking idiotic thing to do.

Input Nirvana

25 Jul 2012, 03:35

Ripster, you nuked Harrison on purpose? I never quite got that from when all the meltdowns were going down, I had my own personal/stalker/financial/shutdown/trauma going on.

In light of this and the other shizz that all came to a head at once...maybe it's for the best all the bannings, moderators, members bailing, other assorted changes, the root worm, etc. have happened. As close to a fresh start as is realistically feasible for whomever is 'in control' or the 'ones still there'.

Geekhack had it's heyday, maybe it will again, maybe not. My forum time is reduced due to my project completion and lifestyle changes, plus, I could see I was coming to a close just from going through the process. I learned a lot, and discovered a whole new way of resourcing info. Very cool. I'm still open for a start up, if there are any opportunities out there with our hobby :)

tinnie

20 Sep 2013, 12:40

Image by matt3o

:evilgeek:

7bit

20 Sep 2013, 13:33

Wrong forum!

You must post this here:

tinnie

20 Sep 2013, 13:45

7bit wrote:Wrong forum!

You must post this here:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48781.new#new
:x

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Sep 2013, 13:50

The best thing about those ClickClacks, is that we got the best ClickClacks ever, and they cannot get them! :evilgeek:

Myoth

06 Nov 2018, 21:59

tinnie wrote: Image by matt3o

:evilgeek:
This picture is worth a 5 year necro :lol:

Return to “Off-topic”