Cherry replica dyesub + blank white pbt 104 keysets

IvanIvanovich

29 May 2012, 18:09

UPDATE:
27 Jan. - Production is finished! Your orders will start shipping this week.
If you live in Korea, your order will be sent by courier service and you will pay the postage to the courier on delivery.
For everyone else that is being sent by imsto shipping will be $8 for first set and $4 for each additional.
For those that are being sent by me, your order will be packed and you will be charged exact postage.
I will start invoicing for shipping today.

Due to high price and rarity of the original, I decided to organize a group buy to have replicas made. These will be done on dyesub Cherry profile thick pbt keys, just like the real thing. All 104key full sets, will be on all white 'hellgrau' style with 1.25 mod only and both style caps lock stepped and fulltouch for total of 105 keys. Should be compatible with most keyboard that follows standard ANSI 104 layout.

Legend Choices and pricing:
1. All-White PBT Keycaps blank ($50 + shipping)
2. All-White PBT Keycaps with BLUE Cherry-font US legends ($75 + shipping)
3. All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font US legends PLUS Russian legends in RED ($75 + shipping)
4. All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font US legends PLUS International legends in BLUE ($75 + shipping)
5. All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font US legends w/ RGB text on shift/ctrl/alt ($75 + shipping)
6. All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font DVORAK legends ($75 + shipping)
7. All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font US legends PLUS Hangul legends in RED ($75 + shipping)

All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font US legends and Russian legends in RED will be 100% replica of this plus with fulltouch caps lock:

All-White PBT Keycaps with BLUE Cherry-font US legends similar to this Olivetti 3000, but in all white and with 1.25 mods and additional fulltouch caps lock:

All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font ANSI legends PLUS International legends in BLUE *
*not mock up, merely layout representations. Sets will be on all white, no 2 tone and will of course include the function row, numpad, etc with 1.25 mods and additional fulltouch caps lock:

All-White PBT Keycaps with BLACK Cherry-font DVORAK legends*
*not mock up, merely layout representations. Sets will be on all white, no 2 tone and will of course include the function row, numpad, etc. with 1.25 mods and additional fulltouch caps lock:
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 27 Jan 2013, 17:54, edited 33 times in total.

ped

29 May 2012, 18:12

You messed up the URL, remove the quotation marks.
EDIT: That works too. :P

Peter

29 May 2012, 20:05

I don't even know the Cyrillic alphabet properly ( yet !), but I want that set .
However, due to the fact that the layouts I really need, besides US-ANSI for coding, are all ISO based :
Will you consider making a supplementary-set for 102-105 layouts ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_ ... 28Latin.29

Are there any native Cyrillic-alphabet members here ?
I've seen both 101/4 ANSI and 102/5 ISO Cyrillic boards .
Also looked at the layouts, and frankly : ANSI ??
Even if it was a mechanical typewriter it makes no sense ..

mbodrov

30 May 2012, 19:40

Do you plan on including keys for the 1800 layout, or 3000 only?
Albino or standard white-gray?

mbodrov

30 May 2012, 19:54

BTW it appears that even genuine Cherry dyesub keys, despite their reputation of durability, can get quite worn with heavy use. Here's what a Cherry keyboard I recently encountered looked like: (GB/RU layout, 3000SAG)

IvanIvanovich

30 May 2012, 20:00

Set will be just as example in OP, include both stepped and full touch caps lock. I am trying to get 1.5 modifier include also. Source does not make ISO enter, so sorry can't offer that but may see about include the 2 extra 1x keys for row 3 and 4 and 1.25 left shift.

mbodrov

31 May 2012, 01:29

It is good news that the stepped Caps Lock is available.

Inclusion of the 3 keys specific to the 1800 layout: short right Shift and small numpad "0" and "+" would be very welcome. If you are making an all-white set, those are not easy to source, being only available in white on the Compaq G80-1838HPU.

IvanIvanovich

31 May 2012, 01:59

I would like to add all possibility, but... I am already pushing them for 1.5, I'm not sure if I can get any more key add without increase price. I have 1800 too, but honestly I don't think it's popular enough (or other similar layout model). In such case, I would just swap the alpha numerics and leave the rest. if all goes to plan key color and print should be so close it shouldn't matter a lot if need to mix original keys for other layout.

Nice, yours? I've been looking for 1838. Found some Compaq reseller in US with NIB stock, but high price.

mbodrov

31 May 2012, 04:44

That photo is by a Japanese collector. Sadly I don't own one. IMO the 1800 is the best layout ever invented, it just didn't get the marketing exposure it deserves in the USA, hence its lower popularity. And now we have the Americans paying big bucks for IBM M Tenkeyless, of exactly the same compact size, and with less functionality.

Adding the 3 extra keys would push the price of your set from $85 to what, $87? I think it's a fair price to pay to future-proof the set, ensuring it's compatible with both of the mainstream Cherry layouts. And, as you know, a large supply of G80-1800LAMDE have been available from ebay.de at 1 EUR apiece.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 May 2012, 07:11

A 1800 has more keys that differ from standard layout besides the short right shift key and the 1.0 numpad "zero" and "+".

On the 1800 all keys above the numpad have the same profile, so that the profile of the Delete, End and PgDn keys differs from standard (standard = Tab row profile, 1800 = Esc row profile).
And due to the smaller "+" key, the numpad "-" of the 1800 is one row down compared to standard and of course has another profile (standard = Esc row profile, 1800 = Tab row profile).

So that's a total of 7 different keys.

IvanIvanovich

31 May 2012, 15:36

Yeah, too much extra stuff with increase of price for something that most won't use will not make many happy. I think having support for most common ansi 101/104 should be enough. It would probably be best to keep it simple for first run.

IvanIvanovich

01 Jun 2012, 17:37

1.5 modifiers are confirmed and will be included.

IvanIvanovich

23 Jun 2012, 02:07

Still taking orders, we need some more to meet MOQ. Hoping to meet goal for July so we can get them into production.

IvanIvanovich

29 Jun 2012, 13:31

Currently at 200 sets. Keep those orders coming in.

hamza_tm

29 Jun 2012, 13:39

200? how so awesome :)

IvanIvanovich

04 Jul 2012, 02:51

Will be looking to get this order submitted within a week hopefully, just ironing out some final details.

ChaoticKinesis

04 Jul 2012, 06:05

Any chance of price going down at all, given the quantities ordered?

IvanIvanovich

04 Jul 2012, 15:09

No, they have a fixed price system and we barely scraped by on meeting their MOQ to even make them at all.

IvanIvanovich

19 Jul 2012, 00:39

I know many people have been excited about this set, but it is still being delay as I have not heard back from production yet. I won't be collecting payments until everything is sorted out so please be patient.
I apologize, hopefully I can get some movement on this project soon.

guilleguillaume

19 Jul 2012, 00:50

lysol is there any chance to get a set? I know I'm late but since you haven't send out invoices yet maybe it could be possible :roll:

The_Beast

19 Jul 2012, 00:53

Looks amazing, hope it runs smoothly (I didn't order but damn they look good)

Tenkey

19 Jul 2012, 10:24

Yes is it possible to still get a set? very interested :D
btw first post on this forum

ChaoticKinesis

12 Aug 2012, 08:41

Any updates?

IvanIvanovich

12 Aug 2012, 17:48

Sorry, no there is nothing new. It's stuck in purgatory still.

tipo33

13 Aug 2012, 01:56

Definatly in for one.

mbodrov

22 Aug 2012, 23:24

I've managed to finally get my hands on a G80-3000HPMRB, and noticed right away that the keycaps aren't really white, like in that nix.ru picture which evidently has had somebody play with its white balance. They are in fact somewhat greyish, exactly like on my G80-1853 which has the same albino color scheme but lasered PBT keys instead of 2-shot ABS.

From left to right:
G80-3000HPMRB, 2005
G80-1853LRMRB, 2002
G81-1800HAU, ca. 2000
G81-3000HAR, ca. 1990

I don't have any keycaps from a Compaq 1838 to add to the comparison, but now I'm really intrigued: is the Compaq "Snow White", or "Cherry Albino Grey"?

IvanIvanovich

23 Aug 2012, 05:20

Update, see OP

IvanIvanovich

28 Aug 2012, 15:43

Update, please vote for other language layout options. Sorry, still no ISO they do not have a mold for the enter.

IvanIvanovich

10 Sep 2012, 20:45

Dvorak and US International were the winners for the other set options. You can place an order for them now if you wish.

dirge

10 Sep 2012, 21:05

placed one for dvorak :)

Return to “Group buys”