Beware of MagicMeatball

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 01:19

Brodawg wrote:
webwit wrote:Where are the counter arguments? You could have argued she is just a commercial dealer or something and that quality was below par etc. Instead you employ a sockpuppet and start calling people "dtards". If she was lying, I would have defended my ass off.
They were stated in the forum on GH by both side before it was decided to take it all down. I guess you missed that part.

There's no difference in saying 'DTards' and generalizing the masses at GH as people who 'only buy keyboards for keycaps' or 'don't buy vintage keyboards to use them'. I find this hilarious, and typical of what I have seen when a flame topic begins. Everyone is quick to jump into the angry mob, yet nobody has the sense to listen to reason.
Cactux didn't say that GHers only bought keyboards for the keycaps, he just said that GHers were more interested in keycaps rather than keyboards. My statement was not meant to be a troll post, as it is true that most geekhackers don't buy vintage keyboards to actually use them.

And litser, It was $112.39 according to Lin's paypal dispute screen shot.
DeathΩRay wrote:
thegunner100 wrote:
cactux wrote:Everybody knows that most of the guys at GH are interested on the keycaps.
That story that either the mail man or someone else in China took the keycaps does not fly
Most geekhackers don't buy vintage keyboards to use them either.
I resent that comment, talk about over-generalizing. (typed on an SSK)
Yes, Model Ms are an exception. But I didn't say that nobody at GH use vintage keyboards, so my statement is still valid.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Aug 2012, 01:26

Actually people at gh made that observation first. We're more into vintage keyboards. That doesn't exclude other stuff, or makes it black and white, but it's a valid observation.

tsangan

24 Aug 2012, 02:52

How did this end up being a GH vs DT again, wtf...

Topre Enthusiast

24 Aug 2012, 03:02

It's like the keyboard forum version of Godwin's law

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 03:09

tsangan wrote:How did this end up being a GH vs DT again, wtf...
Because "Brodawg" is trying to derail the topic. Like stated before, the keyboard was most likely bought for the keycaps, not for the actual keyboard. It doesn't help MMB's case that the keyboard was shipped back without the keycaps. Whether there are keycap ninjas posing as post office workers remains to be unsolved.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 03:20

Last edited by MagicMeatball on 04 Mar 2013, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

RiGS

24 Aug 2012, 03:27

Frankly, fossala brought this here. Lin has nothing to do with this. She even requested to close the thread over there.
Come on.. Calling her a bitch wouldn't help your cause.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 03:45

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 03:46

So even though you dislike ripster, you're using sockpuppets like him!

demik

24 Aug 2012, 04:08

fossala, mind PMing me back/emailing me back or paying since you have time to post here? i'm using my cash to cover your order because i dont want to delay people's orders over one person.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 04:44

demik wrote:fossala, mind PMing me back/emailing me back or paying since you have time to post here? i'm using my cash to cover your order because i dont want to delay people's orders over one person.
fossala wrote:I don't normally post from GH, I'm not even a member anymore
Quoted for irony.

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 05:24

MagicMeatball wrote:
thegunner100 wrote:
tsangan wrote:How did this end up being a GH vs DT again, wtf...
Because "Brodawg" is trying to derail the topic. Like stated before, the keyboard was most likely bought for the keycaps, not for the actual keyboard. It doesn't help MMB's case that the keyboard was shipped back without the keycaps. Whether there are keycap ninjas posing as post office workers remains to be unsolved.
You contribute nothing but troll posts. You really think I kept THESE KEYCAPS?

The keycaps were in baggie IN THE SHIPPED BOX. Fuck you, Lin. Straight-up. Why don't you tell them about the two Cherry numpads you are holding of mine because you fucked up the original shipment, and they went back to China, and now you won't ship them to me unless I pay the shipping all over again? Tell them about that, go for it. Or I can simply post my entire email thread regarding the matter.

I don't really give 2-shits about DT, but if this bitch wants to throw down, the gloves are off. I have had nothing but good dealings with people, trade-wise, and if there ever was a problem, I resolved it. I have no use for some fucking brittle, old piece of shit keycaps. Give me a fucking break. Really? This is all I need to post. Continue trolling as you see fit. Or you can PM me.
Fuck me?
The numpad case is a different issue, one that I am not afraid to talk about, and one that I knew you would bring up to try to somehow try to justify what you did. Did I think you would deny the whole thing, that you shipped me junk instead of the keyboard? NO!

The numpads that did not reach you for some reason was not your fault, but it was NOT my fault either. I always make it right, if it is my fault! The address was right, it was a mail screwup, and when it came to shipping it again, even tho you did not insure the package, it could have been easily resolved unless you already had done a chargeback on this keyboaroard, basically cutting the customer/service provider bond between us. I always look for the best solution for both parts, which most often means I pay to keep the customer happy! Even after that I still offered to ship them to you, but why would I pay for it when it was not my fault, and why would I pay for it when you had already deceived me once and lied. It is a different issue and you agreed to pay it after we discussed the whole matter in emails. I do not mind if we make all our emails public, in fact I welcome it!

I have NOTHING to hide! I am an honest person!

Now, this thing where you first do a chargeback on a keyboard you knew was used, and then take everything you want away from it, destroying the keyboard, is unacceptable! And do not pretend that you did not do it! I would NEVER make up something like this unless it was true! I would never even think about doing something like this!

The only reason why I asked it to be pulled from GH is out of respect of its makers, who have always been good to me, to help them build a positive community after all the shit GH has gone trough lately. Someone also mentioned you seem to have some personal problems and i thought okay, fine. So I said that I will ask publicly to take it down, so that they would not have to get the negativity from this and from censoring something like this. I realize now it was wrong, since you will not even admit that you did it and that people like someone stated on GH thought "i was putting the cat back in the bag", which is not the case at all! If I knew that you would deny this, I would not have asked for it to be removed! And if I did not want everything transparent, I would not have mentioned it in the first place!

I am glad that we can discuss it here, even tho it is not a discussion, since you are lying and I will repost it at GH! I have permission for it!

The fact is, you stole from me!
And now after seeing how you even deny it, I do not see any reason why everyone should not know about it!

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 05:33

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 05:58

MagicMeatball wrote:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:
Fuck me?
The numpad case is a different issue, one that I am not afraid to talk about, and one that I knew you would bring up to try to somehow try to justify what you did. Did I think you would deny the whole thing, that you shipped me junk instead of the keyboard? NO!

The numpads that did not reach you for some reason was not your fault, but it was NOT my fault either. I always make it right, if it is my fault! The address was right, it was a mail screwup, and when it came to shipping it again, even tho you did not insure the package, it could have been easily resolved unless you already had done a chargeback on this keyboaroard, basically cutting the customer/service provider bond between us. I always look for the best solution for both parts, which most often means I pay to keep the customer happy! Even after that I still offered to ship them to you, but why would I pay for it when it was not my fault, and why would I pay for it when you had already deceived me once and lied. It is a different issue and you agreed to pay it after we discussed the whole matter in emails. I do not mind if we make all our emails public, in fact I welcome it!

I have NOTHING to hide! I am an honest person!

Now, this thing where you first do a chargeback on a keyboard you knew was used, and then take everything you want away from it, destroying the keyboard, is unacceptable! And do not pretend that you did not do it! I would NEVER make up something like this unless it was true! I would never even think about doing something like this!

The only reason why I asked it to be pulled from GH is out of respect of its makers, who have always been good to me, to help them build a positive community after all the shit GH has gone trough lately. Someone also mentioned you seem to have some personal problems and i thought okay, fine. So I said that I will ask publicly to take it down, so that they would not have to get the negativity from this and from censoring something like this. I realize now it was wrong, since you will not even admit that you did it and that people like someone stated on GH thought "i was putting the cat back in the bag", which is not the case at all! If I knew that you would deny this, I would not have asked for it to be removed! And if I did not want everything transparent, I would not have mentioned it in the first place!

I am glad that we can discuss it here, even tho it is not a discussion, since you are lying and I will repost it at GH! I have permission for it!

The fact is, you stole from me!
And now after seeing how you even deny it, I do not see any reason why everyone should not know about it!
Yes, fuck you. I sent you everything that was shipped to me. Check the box again. There was a bag with the keycaps in it. Also, there is no screws that hold it together. Those Cherry models snap together. It probably came apart during shipment from being brittle and old. I didn't cut the power cord, so I have no idea why it would be that way. It makes no sense as to why I would need to steal shitty, old and brittle keycaps. Please explain that to me.

You can go back and forth and blame me, and I blame you. Nothing is going to get resolved this way. So if it's an internet fight you want, you got it. You don't need to play the 'i'm an innocent person here' story. You were in fact, not nice when I finally told you I was not happy with the keyboard. You looked at it through a plastic wrapper, how can you tell me it was in good condition if you never actually took it out to look at it? Take some responsibility for your service. You said many times in email "I am just a middle-man". Bullshit. You ARE the seller, because you are speaking on behalf of the buyer and the seller. There is no direct communication. That means YOU are the sole person we have to deal with and count on you to ensure you deliver a satisfactory product, which was not the case here.

Don't try to play down the fact that it was in terrible condition by stating it was 'used'. Nobody in their right mind would pay for such a piece of garbage. Yet you continuously drive the notion that it's not your concern what the final product is, that it was in fact a risk on the buyers part. Not good service. I am sorry, but really it is not. And no, the numpads are not a separate matter. It still means you provided poor service.
Well those looked like screwholes. Pardon me for not opening the thing.
I shipped the keyboard with the keycaps attached, so they should have been shipped to me with them attached. If it was in such a bad condition, why did you pull them all out in the first place?

I have checked the box! Believe me!
There are no keycaps and the electric cord is cut, the thing to connect it to is not there!
There is no doubt in my mind that you did this. Who would do this to a keyboard? A guy in customs? come on!

I AM THE MIDDLEMAN!
I do not only speak on the behalf of the seller, I speak on behalf of the customer as well.
I can only do so much! You pick the items you want! I do not pick them! I can only have them tested and inspected!
I even bought an adapter to have it tested! You saw the pictures and said they were fine!

Why on earth would I make up this story and do this to the keyboard, when I have now paid for it with my own money? I can not use it and I can not even sell it!

I do not want an internet fight, I do not want to go back and forth, the truth is the truth, I want justice!

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 06:04

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:
I shipped the keyboard with the keycaps attached, so they should have been shipped to me with them attached. If it was in such a bad condition, why did you pull them all out in the first place?

There are no keycaps and the electric cord is cut, the thing to connect it to is not there!
There is no doubt in my mind that you did this. Who would do this to a keyboard? A guy in customs? come on!

I AM THE MIDDLEMAN!
I do not only speak on the behalf of the seller, I speak on behalf of the customer as well.
I can only do so much! You pick the items you want! I do not pick them! I can only have them tested and inspected!
I even bought an adapter to have it tested! You saw the pictures and said they were fine!

Why on earth would I make up this story and do this to the keyboard, when I have now paid for it with my own money? I can not use it and I can not even sell it!

I do not want an internet fight, I do not want to go back and forth, the truth is the truth, I want justice!
I am telling you, I sent you EVERYTHING that you sent me. There was indeed a bag with keycaps in the box when I shipped it. Why on earth would I ship it without what you sent me? I have explained, even proved how bad of shape it was in. I have no motives for needing to keep anything on it, I assure you of this.

Yes, I already explained you are the middleman, and that includes responsibility to the buyer, as well as the seller. You literally told me 'well, at least it works' when I told you how bad it was. I also explained the switches were so bad, worn and filled with dirt and or dust, that it wasn't even usable. There was literally nothing to salvage on that board. I am telling you, I do not have anything that was on that board.

If you want to try to work out something that we can both agree on, then I am open to it. But I am telling you right now, I did not break or take anything from that keyboard.

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 06:19

MagicMeatball wrote:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:

I AM THE MIDDLEMAN!

I am telling you, I sent you EVERYTHING that you sent me. There was indeed a bag with keycaps in the box when I shipped it. Why on earth would I ship it without what you sent me? I have explained, even proved how bad of shape it was in. I have no motives for needing to keep anything on it, I assure you of this.

Yes, I already explained you are the middleman, and that includes responsibility to the buyer, as well as the seller. You literally told me 'well, at least it works' when I told you how bad it was. I also explained the switches were so bad, worn and filled with dirt and or dust, that it wasn't even usable. There was literally nothing to salvage on that board. I am telling you, I do not have anything that was on that board.

If you want to try to work out something that we can both agree on, then I am open to it. But I am telling you right now, I did not break or take anything from that keyboard.
You can tell me all you want, i know what came in the package, and so does the people at the post office.
I bet you did not expect me to open it there. But sadly for you I did, so it is not really your word against mine. It is your word against mine and the post office.

Proved how bad shape it was in? It was old and used, but I bet it still would have been usable to someone like me. It looked fine and it worked.

Work something out? Like you told paypal that you "had spoken to the seller numerous times and no acceptable resolution could be found." Sure, you told me you were not happy with it, but you never talked about a return. Instead you did a chargeback behind my back!

I think we are past the point of "working this out"!

thegunner100

24 Aug 2012, 06:26

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: I think we are past the point of "working this out"!
Especially after all the name calling from one side!

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 06:30

thegunner100 wrote:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: I think we are past the point of "working this out"!
Especially after all the name calling from one side!
Shut up you little useless twat. Sit back and eat your popcorn, kid.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 06:35

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:
You can tell me all you want, i know what came in the package, and so does the people at the post office.
I bet you did not expect me to open it there. But sadly for you I did, so it is not really your word against mine. It is your word against mine and the post office.

Proved how bad shape it was in? It was old and used, but I bet it still would have been usable to someone like me. It looked fine and it worked.

Work something out? Like you told paypal that you "had spoken to the seller numerous times and no acceptable resolution could be found." Sure, you told me you were not happy with it, but you never talked about a return. Instead you did a chargeback behind my back!

By your own account, you left the post office with the package, then you said you shook it around, then decided to go back to the post office. So you didn't actually open it upon receipt. That is in your words. So you are claiming that I kept some shitty keycaps, cut the power cord and shipped it to you that way. Sounds like there was plenty of time for something to happen in between those two occurrences. Right?

That's fine too, we don't need to work anything out. I know I shipped you the keyboard in the same condition you shipped it to me in. If you want to bullshit your way to trying to gain sympathy, go ahead. I know I am no thief or liar.

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 06:44

MagicMeatball wrote:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:

By your own account, you left the post office with the package, then you said you shook it around, then decided to go back to the post office. So you didn't actually open it upon receipt. That is in your words. So you are claiming that I kept some shitty keycaps, cut the power cord and shipped it to you that way. Sounds like there was plenty of time for something to happen in between those two occurrences. Right?

That's fine too, we don't need to work anything out. I know I shipped you the keyboard in the same condition you shipped it to me in. If you want to bullshit your way to trying to gain sympathy, go ahead. I know I am no thief or liar.
So now you are trying to discredit my witnesses?

The post man handed it to me at my doorstep, I shock it and it sounded like a rattle. Then I said that I want him to witness when i open it, because it sounds strange, and he said he can not, that then it has to be taken to the post office. So I said okay, he took it, gave me a note and later I went to the post office and opened it with witnesses.

Is that clear enough for you?

Unless a keyboard enthusiast thief works at the postoffice, yes you are a liar and a thief!

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 06:49

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:

The post man handed it to me at my doorstep, I shock it and it sounded like a rattle. Then I said that I want him to witness when i open it, because it sounds strange, and he said he can not, that then it has to be taken to the post office. So I said okay, he took it, gave me a note and later I went to the post office and opened it with witnesses.

Unless a keyboard enthusiast thief works at the postoffice, yes you are a liar and a thief!
What do your 'witnesses' have to show this took place? You still received it at home, then took it to the post office. 'It sounded like a rattle', interesting story. Interesting indeed. Because for no reason at all did you have any reason to do any harm to me in any way, right? On the contrary you had every reason to pull a stunt like this with me. You knew I threatened to go public with our squabbles, so you decided to launch a preemptive strike with your 'cool story'.

The facts are, that you can't prove or disprove anything. I have provided just as much of a reason to not have done this as you claim to say that I have.

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 06:57

MagicMeatball wrote:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:

What do your 'witnesses' have to show this took place? You still received it at home, then took it to the post office. 'It sounded like a rattle', interesting story. Interesting indeed. Because for no reason at all did you have any reason to do any harm to me in any way, right? On the contrary you had every reason to pull a stunt like this with me. You knew I threatened to go public with our squabbles, so you decided to launch a preemptive strike with your 'cool story'.

The facts are, that you can't prove or disprove anything. I have provided just as much of a reason to not have done this as you claim to say that I have.

You were always the one who should be worried about this going public, because doing the chargeback for that old keyboard, claiming it was old, used, missing external and internal parts, was already enough to let people see who you really are.

I decided not to go public earlier, because i thought, okay, i will use the keyboard or try to sell it, and I do try to keep private matters away from the public. I owe my customers that. But you have broken the customer/service provider relationship a long time ago.

I was angry at you, and felt betrayed, but I would never pretend that this happened if it did not! I would never do something like this, and I would never even think about doing it!

To answer your question, the post office will sign on a paper stating what came in the package. I will pick it up today.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 07:02

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:

You were always the one who should be worried about this going public, because doing the chargeback for that old keyboard, claiming it was old, used, missing external and internal parts, was already enough to let people see who you really are.

I decided not to go public earlier, because i thought, okay, i will use the keyboard or try to sell it, and I do try to keep private matters away from the public. I owe my customers that. But you have broken the customer/service provider relationship a long time ago.

I was angry at you, and felt betrayed, but I would never pretend that this happened if it did not! I would never do something like this, and I would never even think about doing it!

To answer your question, the post office will sign on a paper stating what came in the package. I will pick it up today.
Who I really am? You mean a mistreated customer of yours? Definitely! I am in fact, not worried about anything going public, especially in the cesspool of trolls and flamers at DT. I did a chargeback because you didn't do anything. That was proven in emails.

Lin service@gogospree.com
Jul 13

to me
Hi Michael,

Ok, no problem! I will let the seller know that you will buy the keycaps in the coming days so that he does not need to panic. :)

Best regards,
Lin

MLG
Jul 16

to Lin
Hi Lin,

Received the keyboard today. Definitely NOT happy with it at all. The ad said 90% condition. This is more like 40% condition. Very disappointing.

Regards,

Michael

Jul 16

to me
Hi Michael,

Oh, I am really sorry to hear that the keyboard has not lived up to your expectations. :(
It's always quite risky to buy the second hand stuff. But on the bright side, at least, it is still working.

Best regards,
Lin

MLG
Jul 16

to Lin
Actually, only technically. The board is so worn out, that the MX Blues aren't even 'clicky' anymore. So the board is completely worthless.

Also inform the gentleman we have been working with that I will unfortunately not be purchasing the keycaps.

Sorry

Regards,

Michael

Clearly that is 'taking care of the customer', right? Good for the people that received new items from you. I am happy for them. Beware buying anything used.

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 07:10

MagicMeatball wrote:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:

Who I really am? You mean a mistreated customer of yours? Definitely! I am in fact, not worried about anything going public, especially in the cesspool of trolls and flamers at DT. I did a chargeback because you didn't do anything. That was proven in emails.

Jul 13

to me
Hi Michael,

Ok, no problem! I will let the seller know that you will buy the keycaps in the coming days so that he does not need to panic. :)

Best regards,
Lin

MLG
Jul 16

to Lin
Hi Lin,

Received the keyboard today. Definitely NOT happy with it at all. The ad said 90% condition. This is more like 40% condition. Very disappointing.

Regards,

Michael

Jul 16

to me
Hi Michael,

Oh, I am really sorry to hear that the keyboard has not lived up to your expectations. :(
It's always quite risky to buy the second hand stuff. But on the bright side, at least, it is still working.

Best regards,
Lin

MLG
Jul 16

to Lin
Actually, only technically. The board is so worn out, that the MX Blues aren't even 'clicky' anymore. So the board is completely worthless.

Also inform the gentleman we have been working with that I will unfortunately not be purchasing the keycaps.

Sorry

Regards,

Michael

Clearly that is 'taking care of the customer', right? Good for the people that received new items from you. I am happy for them. Beware buying anything used.
Well what am I supposed to say?
I had it tested for you!
I provided Pictures!

Then you are not happy, that is very unfortunate! And I felt bad for you!
But you did not mention a return!
Instead you did a chargeback on Paypal!

I am a Taobao Agent, I help you buy stuff!
I am not a fairy, that make all wishes come true, even tho I sometimes wish I was one!

This does not mean that you can steal from me and get away with it!
I am not afraid to put out any mail or any part of my business for everyone to view!

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 07:14

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:
I had it tested for you!
I provided Pictures!

I am not a fairy, that make all wishes come true, even tho I sometimes wish I was one!

I am not afraid to put out any mail or any part of my business for everyone to view!
Quite the contrary, you stole from me. Which you still have my merchandise right now that I paid for, that you refuse to send me unless I send you another $40 for a bad shipment that never reached me. It's YOUR responsibility to ensure a package is received by the buyer. Nobody stole from you, you stole from me.

Explain your plan to settle the two Cherry MX 3700's that I PAID FOR that you still have in your possession that you refuse to ship to me.

litster

24 Aug 2012, 07:22

MagicMeatball, how come you didn't bring up the keycaps were in a bag earlier, or as soon as Lin mentioned the keycaps are missing? And why is keyboard disassembled with no screws?

Lin, did you see the keycaps in a bag in the box?

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 07:25

MagicMeatball wrote:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:
I had it tested for you!
I provided Pictures!

Quite the contrary, you stole from me. Which you still have my merchandise right now that I paid for, that you refuse to send me unless I send you another $40 for a bad shipment that never reached me. It's YOUR responsibility to ensure a package is received by the buyer. Nobody stole from you, you stole from me.

Explain your plan to settle the two Cherry MX 3700's that I PAID FOR that you still have in your possession that you refuse to ship to me.
Well usually when someone wants something shipped to them, they first pay for the shipping!
I do not ship things for free, unless it is my fault! Which in this case it is NOT, and I already explained this earlier.
We also agreed that you would pay it and I would ship it, even after you did the chargeback.
I never refused to ship anything! But you needed to pay for it!

I always try to make things right, but paying for something for someone, which is not my thing to pay, who has already deceived me, is not right!

Still, that is a completely different matter, from the trashed keyboard you sent me!

The unfortunate mail incident could easily have been solved to both parts satisfaction, this can not!

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 07:26

litster wrote:MagicMeatball, how come you didn't bring up the keycaps were in a bag earlier, or as soon as Lin mentioned the keycaps are missing? And why is keyboard disassembled with no screws?

I just now got on to actually defend these accusations. On GH, everything was removed because we both decided not to further flame there.

The keyboard doesn't use screws. It snaps together like most Cherry boards. The board was very brittle and worn. It could have easily come apart during shipment.

Lin TaobaoAgent

24 Aug 2012, 07:30

litster wrote:MagicMeatball, how come you didn't bring up the keycaps were in a bag earlier, or as soon as Lin mentioned the keycaps are missing? And why is keyboard disassembled with no screws?

There were no keycaps. And also the cord was cut and there was nothing in that hole where you should plug in the cord.
I am wondering why he would take the keycaps out in the first place, if it was in so bad condition that he planned to ship it back.

MagicMeatball

24 Aug 2012, 07:32

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: Well usually when someone wants something shipped to them, they first pay for the shipping!
I do not ship things for free, unless it is my fault! Which in this case it is NOT, and I already explained this earlier.
We also agreed that you would pay it and I would ship it, even after you did the chargeback.
I never refused to ship anything! But you needed to pay for it!

I always try to make things right, but paying for something for someone, which is not my thing to pay, who has already deceived me, is not right!

Still, that is a completely different matter, from the trashed keyboard you sent me!

The unfortunate mail incident could easily have been solved to both parts satisfaction, this can not!
No, it could not have been handled to the satisfaction of both parties because I already paid for the shipping once. It clearly wasn't my fault, as it wasn't even delivered to my state! But you did in fact, leave off the state even after you said it was 'settled' when I told you to add it after you sent me the photo.

Nobody deceived YOU. Keep making up your stories. Let's stick to the facts:
MLG
Jul 5

to Lin
Hi Lin,

Could you check on this shipment for me? Google translate isn't working very well with the text.

It has been close to a month now, so I wanted to know what the status was. It unfortunately doesn't tell me much :(

Thanks,

Michael

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Lin <service@gogospree.com> wrote:
Hi Michael,

Jul 5

to me
Hi Michael,

I have tried USPS, apparently, you can also track your package in your local postal system.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... put.action
It shows that the package is unclaimed, maybe you should give them a call and see where your package is.

Best regards,
Lin

MLG
Jul 5

to Lin
Hmmm. Why would it be unclaimed in New York? That is odd.

I guess I will have to try and call tomorrow and figure this out.

Thanks,

Michael

Jul 5

to me
I think they probably delivered once and failed, and afterwards they just did not bother to deliver it again and sent straight back to New York sorting center, that's really unprofessional. They did not even leave you any note? That's kidna weird. You should contact them ASAP, hopefully it wont be shipped back to China.

MLG
Jul 5

to Lin
Well, they couldn't have tried to deliver it. It never reached Las Vegas :)

I will call and see if anything can be done tomorrow

Thanks

Jul 5

to me
You are welcome! Hope everything will be ok. :)

Best,
Lin

MLG
Jul 6

to Lin
Well, looks like they are shipping it back to you. Although it didn't state this in the tracking. Considering it went to Louisiana first, there had to be something wrong.

What can we do now? It will be yet another month or more now, to even receive the item. I called them this morning, and they stated that it is already on it's way back to China.

MLG
Jul 6

to Lin
Also, was there no phone number on the package? Typically they would make a courtesy call had there been one.

Jul 6

to me
Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear that. Didn't you ask them why they returned your package?

I have contacted logistics company, according to them, they have put exactly the same recipient information as I gave them, including the phone number, which is :

Ship to address:

This was included in the email of second payment info I sent you.

Right now it's hard to pinpoint the reason why it failed to get delivered to you. I will find out when the package get returned to us.It might take quite some time. If we are the cause of the problem, I will send the package to you again free of charge using DHL, but if the cause is on your side, like if you were not home when they attempted to deliver your package, or it simply got returned by the local PO with no apparent reason,aka forcibly, I am afraid you will have to bear the shipping cost yourself. :(

I will let you know when I have further information on this. :)

Best regards,
Lin

MLG
Jul 6

to Lin
Lin,

You can simply follow the package tracking and know it never reached my state (NEVADA), and city of Las Vegas
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 14031041CN

It was first delivered in Louisiana, which is on the complete opposite end of the country, nowhere near me at all. And USPS always leaves a package for me in my large
package mailbox, so there would never be a condition for me to not receive the package, ever. This was clearly a fault of either:

1. Labeling problem; was the address hand-written or illegible in any way? Could they have mistaken information on the label?
2. Mis-sent (which is indicated on the tracking information)

These are the facts which it stands currently. So you can remove the idea that somehow the cause is on my side, as that is clearly not the case. Also, before you ship out my next package, please
send me a photo of the package and label just to make sure this issue doesn't happen again (just as a precaution, if possible).

Thanks Lin,

Michael

Jul 6

to me
Hi Michael,

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

When I said ' the cause is on your side' it was just one of the many possibilities that might be the cause, just like when I mentioned, if we are the cause of it, that was also an assumption. This thing has never happened before. As for the illegible, you can also banish that idea, because it's all printed as below:

So, apparently, we all seem to be innocent on this at this point, we will just have to wait and see how it is when we got the package. :)

Best regards,
Lin

Jul 6

to me
oh, btw, I will send you the pic before dispatching your package. No worries! : )

MLG
Jul 6

to Lin
Fair enough :)

I am not faulting you. Just trying to figure out the source of the issue. I am sure it will take some time to reach you, so until then I guess I will have to wait :)

Thanks

Michael

Jul 6

to me
Hi Michael,

It's fine. I was just trying to reason with you. And I know you just did the same thing to me. I totally understand how you feel. And I am very grateful that you are still being civil with me. Anyone will be more or less pissed, when such thing happened. You've been waiting for so long to get your package, and now it's gonna take even longer, I truly feel bad for you.

I hope we will get your package as soon as possible, find reason and ship back to you again. :)

Best regards,
Lin

MLG
Jul 16

to Lin
Hi Lin -

Any updates on this package?

Thanks,

Michael

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Lin <service@gogospree.com> wrote:
Hi Michael,

Jul 16

to me
Hi Micheal,

The package has not come in yet. I will let you know. :)

Best regards,
Lin

Jul 31

to me
Hi Micheal,

Your package has returned to our place.
I am sorry to say that, but I am afraid that this is obviously not our fault, as you can see in the picture( attached), we have address written all right. And in the circle area marked in the pic, there is the stamp showing no one is claiming for the package.

In this case, if you want to have it shipped out to you again, like I have said earlier, you will have to pay for the shipment again. I am sorry! But, If you want to find someone to complain, please make this one to your postal system.

Best regards,
Lin

Jul 31

to me
here is the picture.

returned package.jpg
72K View Share Download

MLG
Jul 31

to Lin
I have mentioned this before, and the problem still exists. You didn't put the STATE on the package.

THIS is how the address should read:

You put the city on the same line as the street address, and you did not include the state. As far as I am concerned, this is your fault. But you can do as you wish.
I am not paying you more money for something that I already paid for once, which was not done correctly.

Thanks

MLG
Jul 31

to Lin
Also, when you say 'no one is claiming for the package', that is because it was in the STATE OF NEW YORK, which the opposite side of the country. How can I claim it when it went to the wrong state?

Get your facts straight, please.

Jul 31

to me
So, now it is such a huge problem. Why didn't you tell me when I confirmed the address with you in the first place. This is the exact same address you have given me.

Jul 31

to me
Do you mean nobody knows where Las vegas is without the state?

Jul 31

to me
As long as the postal code is right, the package won't be sent to the other state.

MLG
Jul 31

to Lin
I mentioned it before. Even after I sent you an email saying "You didn't include the state", you said "problem solved". When the last package arrived, and it's amazing that it did, you still did not have the state posted on the label. Go back and read through our emails. I guarantee what I say.

I will not bad-mouth you on GeekHack, but if you don't set this problem right, I guarantee it's not going to be good for you.

That is your choice.

I am an honest seller, and buyer and trusted among the GeekHack community. I have no reason to lie and I don't need the money. It's about principles.

MLG
Jul 31

to Lin
Also, I don't know how they do things where you are, but as a shipper here, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure the package arrives to the recipient.
Stating the postal service messed up so it's MY FAULT and I have to take the blame? How insulting to me to think that not only have I paid now for
1 thing that was completely worthless, but now 2 things that I paid good money for that I can't use? You need to understand what customer service
really is.

Jul 31

to me
Hi Michael,

the state problem I mentioned that has been solved is for the other package, ok? Maybe you should read through all the emails, you are apparently messing up the points here. (check the pic I have attached. did you mention that the state is left without?)

Again, complain to the post office not to me. I did not write Louisiana on the package.

Oh, so you are threatening me now.
So you consider it honest good principles to break the terms of use of my service and do chargebacks.
You can write whatever you want on GH, you should be happy that I do not mention what you did, terms or not, after all time and effort I did to help you and the way you treated me.

Nobody forced you to use my service, and it is weird that you are the only one complaining, while everyone else is happy with my service. I have shipped tons of things to USA without mentioning the state. There has not been any problems as long as the postal code is right.

Setting things right is not just what is in YOUR favor. It is doing what is right.
I did not do anything wrong, so I will not pay for it, that I am sure about.

The item can not be returned to the seller, so if you want your package pay for it, or live without it.

confrimation of the address.JPG
74K View Share Download

MLG
Jul 31

to Lin
First of all, NO THE STATE PROBLEM WAS NOT SOLVED OR THE PACKAGE WOULD HAVE BEEN DELIVERED PROPERLY.

Second of all, by stating the POST OFFICE MESSED UP, THAT IT IS MY FAULT? DO YOU SEE LOGIC IN THAT STATEMENT? There is none. You are placing the fault on me alone when it was clearly not my fault. So I am left to pay again for shipping?
You are passing off the responsibility of ensuring a package reaches its recipient. You are a HALF-ASSES SERVICE. With the very few people I have seen actually getting something form you, GREAT FOR THEM. Just because you had people happy
with their service, doesn't nullify you from providing TERRIBLE SERVICE which is what this is.

Go ahead and post what I did, because I promise you that anyone that would receive not only a terribly poor product, but on top of that, poor service would have also done the same. If you can't back your service up with any kind of guarantees, what good
are you, really? YOU AREN'T TO ME, in the least.

I don't care how nice you acted, and don't act like you are doing me FAVORS by getting items to me... THAT'S WHAT I PAY YOU A SERVICE FEE FOR! I am paying you to ship an item to ME and you are getting a premium for it. YOU AREN'T DOING ME
A FAVOR... I AM PAYING YOU FOR A SERVICE... DO YOU GET THAT? Apparently YOU DO NOT.

I can promise you that if I were to post this incident on GH, it would not look favorably on you. So don't get smug with me, or I will consider bringing this up to mkawa, and having your privilege of posting on GH reconsidered.

I am not threatening you, I am promising you. Do the right thing, and handle the situation.

Jul 31

to me
Hi Michael,

I did not say it is your fault, but it is not mine either. I do not think i need to pay for other peoples mistakes.

I am a nice person. But that does not mean that you can take advantage of me.

I gave you pictures, I paid for an adaptor and got your keyboard tested, I have put down time searching items for you and talked to sellers, I think i did good service, and i think anyone else than you would agree. You knew that the item was old, used and not perfect, so obviously it would have some small flaws, that someone who is not a keyboard enthusiast wont even notice. You knew that.

You did a chargeback for not only an item you received, but also my service fee, so do not pretend that you have lived up to any agreement and paid me for anything. I basically put down hours of work for nothing.

So, if you just realized it, I do a service, I do not offer this for free of charge because of your charming personality. And I do not pay you to order with me either.

I am a middle man not a seller, so if you are unhappy with the items, there is not much i can do for you, but in some cases I might be able to get them returned, that is of course if I am aware of the problem, and that the person wants to return it, before I get a chargeback.

By the way, you seem to need a new keyboard, your capslock seems to be acting up.

I am not happy about what happened to your package, but If you want your stuff, pay for the shipping and i will send it to you.

MLG
Jul 31

to Lin
You are wrong again, and here is why:

" I am a nice person. But that does not mean that you can take advantage of me."
Please explain how I am taking advantage of you? WHERE IS MY ADVANTAGE? I LOST MONEY AND STILL HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT? How could you even come up with such a statement? It is truly laughable....

" You knew that the item was old, used and not perfect, so obviously it would have some small flaws, that someone who is not a keyboard enthusiast wont even notice. You knew that."
Wrong, the item was in plastic wrapping and I couldn't tell, and you could have taken it out and noticed the poor shape it was in. As well as the advertisement of it stating a condition of 8 of 10. No, I would not have paid for an item just to gamble on it.
I have already provided photos of the shape of the keyboard. All you had to say was "well, at least it works".....

"You did a chargeback for not only an item you received, but also my service fee, so do not pretend that you have lived up to any agreement and paid me for anything. I basically put down hours of work for nothing."
You are WRONG again. I put in a dispute for the item, and the $112.39, which I would be more than happy to lower and you get your "SERVICE" fee back. I also did not ask for the shipping money back:

"So, if you just realized it, I do a service, I do not offer this for free of charge because of your charming personality. And I do not pay you to order with me either."
You're right, I pay YOU to do a service. When that service is bad, I have a right to complain. Don't get personal with me, I have been staying to the topic of professionalism. If you want to deduce this topic to personal blows, I can do that.

"I am a middle man not a seller, so if you are unhappy with the items, there is not much i can do for you, but in some cases I might be able to get them returned, that is of course if I am aware of the problem, and that the person wants to return it, before I get a chargeback."
I already told you I was not happy with the item. All you could offer me was "Well, at least it works". You call that handling the situation? You aren't doing anything useful but wasting my time and money.

"By the way, you seem to need a new keyboard, your capslock seems to be acting up."
Haha, you're funny. Apparently you lack the ability to know when it's a good time to try and be funny, and when not to. And no, my capslock is fine. I am merely expressing my disgust for your terrible service in words on a screen. I could use expletives, but that would be unprofessional, as you know how to be all too well.

"I am not happy about what happened to your package, but If you want your stuff, pay for the shipping and i will send it to you."
If this statement was really true, then we wouldn't be arguing about why I shouldn't have to pay twice again for shipping. You really don't care, or the situation would have been handled to the customers satisfaction.

Jul 31

to me
Well, being a nice person does not mean that I have to pay for your stuff. That is the advantage I am talking about. I am a Taobao agent. That is what I do, I help you buy stuff you pick.
8.5 might mean that one switch is broken. If 30 switches were broken it might be at 50% or it might be at 1% that is really up to anyone to decide, I did not make up that number. You knew it was old and used, and you bought it online from abroad. You know there is a little risk attached to that.

Of course you should not charge back for the shipment, I use a courier, I do not use magic to ship stuff to you.

The only money I ever get is the service fee, which is a few dollars. All other money goes to shipping and to the seller, so when you chargeback from me, you chargeback money that you have not given me, but the seller. Do you understand that?

I also helped you to look for items for free. That takes time you know. I do not mind helping people who respect me.

You said you were not happy with it, but you did not ask me to talk to the seller for a return. You did a chargeback instead.

You did not ask me to pull out any keycaps to check the keyboard inside either. How would I know. I went out of my way to check that it was working.
I would say you got great service.

Sometimes unfortunate things happen, but I will not be the target of things that are out of my control.

About the capslock. Oh really, i was just very worried, since I could not imagine that you were trying to be rude to me.

A customer, is supposed to follow the terms of use of my service. So after breaking them, I could really disregard you as a customer according to my rules.
But I still treat you as one, and I am willing to ship your package if you pay, because I have some human decency.

If you are not interested in that, I really have nothing more to discuss with you.

Return to “Off-topic”