Beware of MagicMeatball

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2012, 15:30

Interesting discussion, but it doesn't focus on the core issue: Why Finland in the summer? Mosquito hell!

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 15:38

I bet it's boyfriend related.

Acanthophis

25 Aug 2012, 15:39

RiGS is in love...

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 15:40

LOL, sure I do. Hahaha. I have a thing for fit asian women.

thegunner100

25 Aug 2012, 15:56

Was sleeping while this discussion was going on, but RiGS is definitely in love. This discussion seems to be about over, unless MMB has anything else to add to it. The lottery for the mx3700 would be a great idea if you can get your money back from paypal! Otherwise, how much would they cost?

dirge

25 Aug 2012, 16:53

DeathAdder wrote:RiGS is in love...
Could we celebrate this with a custom keycap please?

thegunner100

25 Aug 2012, 17:53

I still want my r00tworm keys.

MagicMeatball

25 Aug 2012, 19:20

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:Okay, to clear some things up.
I have a professional shipping partner, whom I trust 100%. Otherwise I would not put my name on the line.
If MMB wanted pictures without a plastic bag, or If he wanted pictures with a Santa claus hat on top, all he had to do was ask.
Okay, I do not know about the Santa hat, but you know what I mean.

He actually did ask me what this is, and it was just dirt on the bag. He could have asked to remove the bag and take a picture, but he did not.

The plastic bag is there for protection, and we try to keep the items in their original condition, unless requested otherwise, like is common practice when you deal online, so that is why the bag was not removed. So I also naturally expected to get a functional keyboard in a plastic bag when I knew that it was being shipped back to me.

There is NO problem what so ever to get pictures and quality checked on the items. If items that obviously do not fit the description arrive at the office, they are sent back to the seller.

There is no way I could do everything myself, but all items go through the inspection of the same person. And he is very competent, nice and trustworthy. If this would not work, I would not have a business, even if I spent all my time in China.

About the numpads,
According to my terms of use, a customer has one month to make the second payment.
So basically in the case of the numpads, if i still decided to see him as one, even after breaking the terms of use and sending me a piece of junk, he would have 6 days left to claim them, by paying the shipping.
At the moment I only see him as a big liar and a thief!

After that, I do not know what to do.

If he would admit to what he did and apologize to me, and give me back my money, I could maybe consider him as a customer in this situation only.

If the chargeback would be revised I would probably have a lottery for one on GH and one on DT, and the winners would only pay shipping costs.

If he gets the money, I might just sell them to make up for my loss.

Or what do you think?
See, this is actually where you are lying:
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:According to my terms of use, a customer has one month to make the second payment.
I paid for the numpads in full, as well as the shipping or 'second payment', they were mis-shipped, and shipped back to you and now you wont send them unless I pay you for shipping again.

*EDIT: Revised this gender statement based on RiGs private message with his findings. Thanks RiGs ;)

Pretty much any modern cell phone has a built-in video camera. It would have been easy to video tape actually opening the package. All you have shown is the after it has been opened photos.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:He actually did ask me what this is, and it was just dirt on the bag. He could have asked to remove the bag and take a picture, but he did not.
If there was any question as to the quality of the item, you should have take them out to visually inspect it, regardless.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:There is NO problem what so ever to get pictures and quality checked on the items. If items that obviously do not fit the description arrive at the office, they are sent back to the seller.
So then why didn't you do it? Simply removing the bag would have revealed so much about the quality of the item. Sadly, you did not even after questionable quality was revealed.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:If he would admit to what he did and apologize to me, and give me back my money, I could maybe consider him as a customer in this situation only.
You keep going on about me going behind your back and doing a chargeback, this isn't true either. If people take the time to actually read through all of the email conversation, it's clear I asked for a resolution. You offered nothing but 'well, at least it works'. That was your 'resolution' and it wasn't acceptable.
kint wrote: To me this pic of MMb looks like badly retrobrighted aka flaky dark grey caps. I'm sure you know these are rather worthless in keyboard world. It's hard to see through the plastic bag, and imo it's a tad too easy to claim the buyer could have asked for better pics -on that issue. This is something a person whith slight knowledge and in physical posession of the board could have seen easily, but only one of the many flaws a buyer can ask for via mail. It's an imbalance to spot, like shiny caps too, easy for the seller, hard to spot via pics for the buyer.
To this point, yes she could have easily taken the keyboard out of the bag and seen this. The fact that she couldn't do the simplest thing such as slide it out of the bag to look at it just makes me boggle at the situation. There was zero need to keep the keycaps. The colored keys were even fake, thin, worn out and shiny. There was literally nothing to salvage on the board. I have zero motive for keeping anything or destroying anything. There was no personal vendetta as she seems to make it sound. If anything, I have been professional as we exchanged emails. I was upset, but I still kept it professional.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:I do not know why he would say "Great photos!" If they were that bad!
Great photos through a bag, correct. The best photos wouldn't reveal the true shape of the keycaps through a plastic bag.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:Also, the state was there for the Keyboard, in that mail he is messing up the two different packages.
That is why in my following mail i stated, "you are messing up the points"
Those are two different things that he tries to spin together, to make me pay.
This is absolutely false. Here is the photo I sent you and asked you to correct. But you did not, because when I received it, it was not there, hence my comment about 'I am amazed this one actually made it', and that was after I did not receive the numpads from you.

I would be happy to email webwit a private email with the full information on both packages. (the keyboard and the numpad label Jie sent me) if he wants to provide that to me and we can settle that argument easily.
Last edited by MagicMeatball on 25 Aug 2012, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 19:45

The drama continues..

Not like that matters and I was a bit sceptical at first about her gender, but now I'm positively sure she is woman.

mikelanding

25 Aug 2012, 19:47

Jie= 姐 or 洁 or 结 or 秸 or 睫 all of this can be name for a female.
I dont think MMB you are a native Chinese speaking person. Stop speculating the gender and stick to the point.

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 19:54

Another sockpuppet?

MagicMeatball

25 Aug 2012, 19:55

mikelanding wrote:Jie= 姐 or 洁 or 结 or 秸 or 睫 all of this can be name for a female.
I dont think MMB you are a native Chinese speaking person. Stop speculating the gender and stick to the point.
I don't need to be a native Chinese speaking person to know that it can also be the name of a man. I have Chinese friends that have verified this. Nice try, though.

MagicMeatball

25 Aug 2012, 19:56

RiGS wrote:The drama continues..

Not like that matters and I was a bit sceptical at first about her gender, but now I'm positively sure she is woman.
I know you hoped it was a woman, but I am sorry your bubble has been burst :P

Are you positively sure? ;)

RiGS

25 Aug 2012, 19:57

Lol, I have new evidence! :)

MagicMeatball

25 Aug 2012, 19:58

RiGS wrote:Lol, I have new evidence! :)
Let's see this....? :D

Djuzuh

25 Aug 2012, 20:16

Who the fuck cares.

My guess is, the agency is 2-5 people around the world. This explains the high disponibility no matter what timezone you are in, and the fact that there are chinese and norvegian people to run this.

But I couldn't care less. The service they provide is nice.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Aug 2012, 20:19

MagicMeatball wrote:[…]
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:Also, the state was there for the Keyboard, in that mail he is messing up the two different packages.
That is why in my following mail i stated, "you are messing up the points"
Those are two different things that he tries to spin together, to make me pay.
This is absolutely false. Here is the photo I sent you and asked you to correct. But you did not, because when I received it, it was not there, hence my comment about 'I am amazed this one actually made it', and that was after I did not receive the numpads from you.

I would be happy to email webwit a private email with the full information on both packages. (the keyboard and the numpad label Jie sent me) if he wants to provide that to me and we can settle that argument easily.
Even if the address (missing the State) which had been used for the numpads
was used unchanged for shipping of the keyboard, it is a fact that MagicMeatball did receive the keyboard,
so I don't see the point in arguing about that (apart from questioning Lin's credibility, of course).

It would be much more interesting to know if when shipping the numpads (the numpads, not the keyboard),
Lin used the address exactly as he had confirmed it to her,
i.e. if he had confirmed the address without "NV" in it.
Because if so, as I see it obviously Lin is entitled to let him pay for re-shipping.

By the way, I must say I find the idea of selling the numpads which MagicMeatball has paid for quite revolting.
But of course, the fact that to obtain a chargeback, MagicMeatball provided PayPal with a photo of a broken switch
even when admittedly it was not broken when he received the keyboard is equally revolting.

MagicMeatball

25 Aug 2012, 20:24

kbdfr wrote:
Even if the address (missing the State) which had been used for the numpads
was used unchanged for shipping of the keyboard, it is a fact that MagicMeatball did receive the keyboard,
so I don't see the point in arguing about that (apart from questioning Lin's credibility, of course).

It would be much more interesting to know if when shipping the numpads (the numpads, not the keyboard),
Lin used the address exactly as he had confirmed it to her,
i.e. if he had confirmed the address without "NV" in it.
Because if so, as I see it obviously Lin is entitled to let him pay for re-shipping.

By the way, I must say I find the idea of selling the numpads which MagicMeatball has paid for quite revolting.
But of course, the fact that to obtain a chargeback, MagicMeatball provided PayPal with a photo of a broken switch
even when admittedly it was not broken when he received the keyboard is equally revolting.
I wasn't shown the shipping label for the numpads until after they returned to China. I wasn't asked it the shipping address on the label looked ok. For the first items I ever bought from her, I didn't think I would have an issue with the shipping. It wasn't until after I didn't receive them, that this became an issue.

No matter how you want to spin this, I still come out losing on this, because even if we decide to say 'we are even then', with her keeping them numpads and me getting money from paypal, I still paid out more on top of everything than she paid out of pocket for anything.

If it puts the matter to rest, then sure, she can keep the numpads I paid for and sell them to break even.

*EDIT: The keyboard was broken that way when I received it, actually. I shared the photos as soon as I got the package.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Aug 2012, 21:19

MagicMeatball wrote:I wasn't shown the shipping label for the numpads until after they returned to China. I wasn't asked it the shipping address on the label looked ok.
That was not my question. My question is whether or not you did confirm the address and she used it as you had confirmed it.
Obviously you want to avoid giving a precise answer. Nice try.

And about your credibility,
concerning the photo you sent to PayPal to obtain a chargeback:
Yesterday:
MagicMeatball wrote:The broken switch happened when they keycap was removed. It literally came off with the keycap as well as a few other switches.
and:
MagicMeatball wrote:I didn't have to use much force for that to happen.
And now today:
MagicMeatball wrote:The keyboard was broken that way when I received it, actually. I shared the photos as soon as I got the package.

MagicMeatball

25 Aug 2012, 21:32

kbdfr wrote:
MagicMeatball wrote:I wasn't shown the shipping label for the numpads until after they returned to China. I wasn't asked it the shipping address on the label looked ok.
That was not my question. My question is whether or not you did confirm the address and she used it as you had confirmed it.
Obviously you want to avoid giving a precise answer. Nice try.

And about your credibility,
concerning the photo you sent to PayPal to obtain a chargeback:
Yesterday:
MagicMeatball wrote:The broken switch happened when they keycap was removed. It literally came off with the keycap as well as a few other switches.
and:
MagicMeatball wrote:I didn't have to use much force for that to happen.
And now today:
MagicMeatball wrote:The keyboard was broken that way when I received it, actually. I shared the photos as soon as I got the package.
I explained that fully. maybe you need to read better.

I said it was already broken when I received it, and when I took the keycap off, the top of the housing came with it. What's the issue here?

Lin TaobaoAgent

25 Aug 2012, 21:44

Sigh..

Okay, I am not going to repeat myself over and over and over again.

But, I guess I have to point out that yes, you went behind my back and did the chargeback, you only told me you were not very happy with the keyboard in your mail, you never asked for the possibility of a return.
It is all there back in this tread, I do not know why you try to lie about that too.

About the shipping labels and State, no it is NOT false, you are mixing up the packages.

Your address was copy/pasted printed, and shown to you while asking for the second payment.

If you wanted photos without the bag you would have asked for it, like some other customers do!

You lose more on this? Do you know how much time I have lost on this?
You have a window to ask questions, before something is shipped, but after that, there is nothing I can do about it.
NOt to mention the junk you sent me, that i might have to pay for!

If you have nothing new to say except more lies and ways to try to spin things around to put me in a bad light, I do not see a reason to reply to you anymore. People can read you know! They have seen the emails! And they have seen our discussion up to this point. They probably already see this for what it is!

And for the other ones, I alone take care of the customer service! The reason why I respond to different timezones fairly good, is because I work hard. And if you really want to know, no I am not a man!

Nobody is Norwegian in my company. All I have is a shipping partner in China!
I can not afford to hire people on the service fee I earn!

My name is 林洁 and I use the name Lin, because people can not pronounce my other name!

And for the rest of it, It is personal, not business, and I rather keep it to myself!

MagicMeatball

25 Aug 2012, 21:51

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: But, I guess I have to point out that yes, you went behind my back and did the chargeback, you only told me you were not very happy with the keyboard in your mail, you never asked for the possibility of a return.
It is all there back in this tread, I do not know why you try to lie about that too.
I didn't lie about anything. I said I was not happy with it. You didn't offer any alternative, did you? READ THE EMAIL.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: About the shipping labels and State, no it is NOT false, you are mixing up the packages.
No the packages weren't mixed up. Go back and read it again. I stated exactly which labels were for which packages.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: Your address was copy/pasted printed, and shown to you while asking for the second payment.
For the numberpads, no you did not. You did it for the keyboard which was AFTER I did not receive the numpads. Get YOUR facts straight.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: If you wanted photos without the bag you would have asked for it, like some other customers do!
So you are basing this off a technicality that I should have been more clear? You should have been more thorough.
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: You lose more on this? Do you know how much time I have lost on this?
You have a window to ask questions, before something is shipped, but after that, there is nothing I can do about it.
NOt to mention the junk you sent me, that i might have to pay for!
Really? You mean like the shipping cost I paid up front for both items, and the return shipping I also paid to send the keyboard back, not to mention this gigantic waste of time I am spending right now discussing this matter in an open forum because you aren't professional enough to handle the matter with me first?
Lin TaobaoAgent wrote: If you have nothing new to say except more lies and ways to try to spin things around to put me in a bad light, I do not see a reason to reply to you anymore. People can read you know! They have seen the emails! And they have seen our discussion up to this point. They probably already see this for what it is!
Nice try, but I have been 'spinning' facts, with evidence. I have nothing else to show or prove. I have provided all the evidence and facts. Go ahead and keep the numpads and sell them as you see fit. I consider this done, if that is the case.

hoggy

25 Aug 2012, 22:29

Brodawg wrote:Sounds like you guys are only listening to one side of the story.
Funnily enough, his case was stronger then.

Lin TaobaoAgent

26 Aug 2012, 10:14

Yes, I think I am pretty much done here.
It is funny to hear the words "facts", "proof", "evidence" and keeping it professional coming out of your mouth, Magicmeatball.

I need to take care of my customers now, instead of spending more time answering a lying thief! This needed to come out, and now it is out!

On the bright side, there seem to be many nice intelligent people on this forum, and i thank you for your time, and for reading trough everything!

I did not mean to come off as rude in my last post, but this is getting tiresome, It is taking a lot of my energy, and I do not see much point in posting here in this thread anymore, unless someone else than MagicMeatball has some questions about the matter, or matters, since we have been talking about two separate things here.

The mail screwup for the numpads, that was really nobodys fault except for the mailservice,
and the destroyed keyboard he sent me back after lying in the chargeback.

MMB, I am really disappointed in you! At one point I almost felt bad for bringing this out in public, since you obviously have some serious issues, but after seeing your true colors here I do not feel bad about it anymore!
I hope you will think twice before trying to screw someone else over!

So go ahead and do your thing, where you qoute my message with lies. The answers to them have been stated many times already!

MagicMeatball

26 Aug 2012, 10:17

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:Yes, I think I am pretty much done here.
It is funny to hear the words "facts", "proof", "evidence" and keeping it professional coming out of your mouth, Magicmeatball.

I need to take care of my customers now, instead of spending more time answering a lying thief! This needed to come out, and now it is out!

On the bright side, there seem to be many nice intelligent people on this forum, and i thank you for your time, and for reading trough everything!

I did not mean to come off as rude in my last post, but this is getting tiresome, It is taking a lot of my energy, and I do not see much point in posting here in this thread anymore, unless someone else than MagicMeatball has some questions about the matter, or matters, since we have been talking about two separate things here.

The mail screwup for the numpads, that was really nobodys fault except for the mailservice,
and the destroyed keyboard he sent me back after lying in the chargeback.

MMB, I am really disappointed in you! At one point I almost felt bad for bringing this out in public, since you obviously have some serious issues, but after seeing your true colors here I do not feel bad about it anymore!
I hope you will think twice before trying to screw someone else over!

So go ahead and do your thing, where you qoute my message with lies. The answers to them have been stated many times already!
You can talk all you want. I presented evidence to support each and every one of my points. You're right, this discussion is over. I can't be bothered with a 'customer service' person that doesn't grasp the basics of what that means. But good luck in your future endeavors.

windowsblowzhard

26 Aug 2012, 16:39

MagicMeatball is a....

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Aug 2012, 16:51

windowsblowzhard wrote:MagicMeatball is a....
[illustrated four-letter word]
Congratulation to your first post :(

You registered three days ago about one and a half hour after this thread had started.
In the meantime, you have contributed nothing whatsoever to it or to DT,
but you now obviously feel compelled to pour oil on an extinguishing debate
where both parties have expressed they are not interested in arguing any more.

May I suggest you creep back to where you came from in the first place?

cactux

26 Aug 2012, 23:44

[Account and posts deleted on request]

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

26 Aug 2012, 23:58

People would just use proxy's then, so that wouldn't solve anything.

Regardless of what each side may or may not have done this has gone far enough. Both sides should now refrain from doing business with, and posting about each other.

Nothing to see here, move along.

cactux

27 Aug 2012, 00:04

[Account and posts deleted on request]

Return to “Off-topic”