The Cherry Switch Try Gaming PCB's

Tyrox

31 Aug 2012, 19:37

Alright, here is the story:

So as MrInterface already wrote, I drove past his home today as I was in the area anyway. Luckily I had his address, as I was the one who send him the STN.
After ringing the doorbell, a voice answered, asking what I wanted. So I asked, if he was the guy, I was looking for (I'm not going to write any names here). Turned out, he was actually his father. I told the man, that his son had something that belonged to me and that I wanted it back (he wouldn't care for the full story, so why bother). He opened the door and called for his son (Circlepit). After a short time, Circlepit showed up, already carrying the two packages (without knowing what I really wanted, but I think, he could guess ;) ).
He than quickly apologized and said, that he had been on a vacation and asked, if I wanted to have the two packages or if he should send them. I have to say, that he didn't look like if he planned to keep them in the first place and that the whole story could indeed have been a lot of miscommunication and misplanning on his side.
But I still decided to take them with me, just in case. This would of course cause additional shipping costs for me, which is why I asked him, what he thought about that. He than promised to wire me the money, if I send him my bank details, cause he didn't have money on him. I hope, that I will get my money from him.

And that's how I got the Switches back. Here they are lying in my car:

I am currently not at home, but instead trying to enjoy my weekend. I will arrive at home on Tuesday and I can send the packages then, although I might take an extra day to test the Gaming PCB, even though I'm not on the list, I hope you dont mind ;)
As I see it, juho3 is the next in line. If you could send me your address, I can send them to you.

CeeSA

31 Aug 2012, 22:31

Thanks for the report and your mission to return the STB things.

Acanthophis

03 Sep 2012, 06:41

Just a quick question to see if I'm guessing right:
Was he, Circlepit, a teen in his 12-16?

Also, big kudos to Tyrox! I'm glad this got sorted out without any sort of damage. Thanks!

Tyrox

04 Sep 2012, 00:00

If I had to guess, I'd say 16-18, yes.

Tyrox

05 Sep 2012, 17:26

After juho3 send my his address this morning, they are now on their way to him.
Here is the tracking link: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/ ... 32&lang=en

CeeSA

05 Sep 2012, 22:08

Thanks a lot, anything i could do for you?

Do you like Skeleton boards? Postage refund?

Tyrox

09 Sep 2012, 18:45

I just wrote circlepit an email with the shopping cost of the two packages.

If he wires me the money (which I expect him to do) I'm fine, thanks.

SeNte

11 Sep 2012, 10:05

I'm back in my place in Spain again so count me in :)

CeeSA

11 Sep 2012, 10:58

i deleted the away message.

juho3

12 Sep 2012, 23:39

I received the try bag today, will ship the switches to DrIGGI on friday once I get his address. Got the package right before work and was fiddling with them at the office.

My next board will probably be one with red switches since I have now used my Filco Majestouch2 TKL with blues for about six months, and the idea of a board with linear switches seems tempting. I might also like browns, but I'd need a full board to try them out for some time. That will probably happen pretty soon though, since I think my girlfriend will end up buying a board with browns :)

harps

13 Sep 2012, 00:43

Hello CeeSA,

May I be added to the list? (UK)

Harpreet

CeeSA

13 Sep 2012, 08:41

Welcome Harpreet, your are in.

juho3

14 Sep 2012, 13:44

Sent to DrIGGI about an hour ago :)

CeeSA

14 Sep 2012, 14:54

Thanks for the statusupdate.

harps

14 Sep 2012, 16:28

Sorry, but could you take me off the list CeeSA? I have purchased a full switch sample bag from mrinterface :D
Thank you.

Harpreet

CeeSA

14 Sep 2012, 17:45

yes of course, no problem. The Switch Sample Bag is awesome!

DrIGGI

19 Sep 2012, 19:57

received them today with extra extra extra hot finnish liquorice candy from juho :D (tried it, it'ts not as hot as i expected ^^)

There were also 2 O-rings in the box, someone seems to have missed them? Anyways, I noticed that the W of the brown switch-board seems to be a red one. the A S and D are normal brown switches. And I can't feel any difference between the reds and the ghetto-reds.

So I think I'm gonna choose red switches for my first mecha-keyboard.

I'm gonna send them to SeNte on Friday if i make it to the post office before they close. otherwise it will be saturday morning.

Thank you CeeSA for making this possible!

DrIGGI

22 Sep 2012, 16:35

PCB's received 19/09/2012
PCB's sent 22/09/2012

SeNte

04 Oct 2012, 17:32

PCBs received!

naisanza

15 Oct 2012, 09:16

I would love to try Brown Cherry MX and Red Cherry MX, please!

CeeSA

15 Oct 2012, 10:32

i could put you in the list, where are you located?

TheQsanity

15 Oct 2012, 10:56

What is included in a package? Is it one of each switch?

SeNte

15 Oct 2012, 11:11

It was National Holiday on friday here so I will send the PCBs to Gascogne this afternoon.

Gascogne

15 Oct 2012, 11:27

SeNte wrote:It was National Holiday on friday here so I will send the PCBs to Gascogne this afternoon.
Nice, looking forward testing the different switches when they arrive. :mrgreen:

CeeSA

15 Oct 2012, 11:45

@TheQsanity

there are 8 little PCB. Every PCB contains 4 switches of one switch type. Please look at the OP, thx.

naisanza

15 Oct 2012, 13:58

CeeSA wrote:i could put you in the list, where are you located?
North Bethesda, MD, USA

I want to add to the list Cherry MX Ergo Clears as well.

Thanks!

CeeSA

15 Oct 2012, 14:53

sorry, this is for Europe until a continent bring a minimum of 5 participants. Otherwise it is not worth.

Please check the other items (worldwide) to participate:
http://deskthority.net/try-before-you-buy-f29/

Thank you

naisanza

15 Oct 2012, 14:56

Okay. Thanks

TheQsanity

15 Oct 2012, 22:00

When you guys have enough for USA. I would like to be on that list for. Ghetto reds, Ergo clears, clears and green please.

naisanza

15 Oct 2012, 22:09

We need three more!

Return to “Try before you buy”