London meet up?

RougeRambo

23 Aug 2012, 00:36

Hey im going to be in London for a weekish, around the 28th October (i think), any UK or even EU members want to meet up, cant say i have any space to meet, but we could always head to a coffee shop or nab a hotel room for a few hours.

longweight
key-bored

23 Aug 2012, 08:38

I will be up for this if I am not in Hong Kong.

RougeRambo

25 Aug 2012, 01:30

awesome, will keep you posted, even it its one or two of us a pint and a hello would be nice.

HzFaq

25 Aug 2012, 08:08

Depending on the when I could probably make it as I'm only a train ride away.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Aug 2012, 08:31

I may, depending if I have work or not.

longweight
key-bored

25 Aug 2012, 11:45

Are we going to bring keyboards?

HzFaq

25 Aug 2012, 11:57

Hope so, I want to try out Foss' HHKB :D.

I can bring along a Pure with clears, a Filco numpad with new whites, a Filco Zero and a Rappoo v7. Everything else I have is pretty boring (Raptor, stock Filco TKL).

longweight
key-bored

25 Aug 2012, 12:11

I would love to try the type s too.

I can bring my HHKB2 with Clacks, Filco TKL with browns and scarface caps and a Poker with blues, treble case and RA caps.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Aug 2012, 20:23

If I come I can bring my type-s. But as I am going on a train I don't want to bring too many keyboards.

longweight
key-bored

25 Aug 2012, 20:35

I am away on the 28th, can we make it 2nd Nov?

fim

26 Aug 2012, 02:20

Any chance of an μTron making an appearance? I've been thinking about getting one for a while now but I'd love to try one first. Maybe that'd justify making a trip to London.

fossala
Elite +1

26 Aug 2012, 08:53

fim wrote:Any chance of an μTron making an appearance? I've been thinking about getting one for a while now but I'd love to try one first. Maybe that'd justify making a trip to London.
The only person I know that has one is Webwit and he is from Germany (if I remember correctly).

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Aug 2012, 11:11

Dutch. I took it to the Best party.

Jeci

29 Aug 2012, 12:24

I would be happy to come along to this - I'm in Germany until the 28th and away again 6/7th of October, so i have a solid clear week.

I could bring my filco majestouch 2 with browns, with my custom caps on.

RougeRambo

02 Sep 2012, 00:27

will bring the model m and frankenboard, maybe the filco if i have it...and the blueprints for the switch portrait, also i leave for london on the 28th, i will be defiantly be in london till the 1st i might be able to swing for the 2nd (im staying with cousin so dont want to impose) then im going up to east anglia for a few days, then will pass back through london for the flight back on the 5th or 6th. will let you know my dates.

dates are a little bit flexible, will see whats what in the next few days. post when you are/are not free. I /could/ do it the following weekend potentially, but have already said the 28th to my cousin.

oh we defiantly need some shirts by then to identify ourselves! ...then again, the 5ft9 ginger guy brandishing a model m in the middle of Trafalgar shouldnt be hard to miss.

damorgue

02 Sep 2012, 12:50

RougeRambo wrote:then again, the 5ft9 ginger guy brandishing a model m in the middle of Trafalgar shouldnt be hard to miss.
RougeRambo...

Suddenly all makes sense. I lol'ed a bit at your username when I read that.

RougeRambo

02 Sep 2012, 16:16

damorgue wrote:
RougeRambo wrote:then again, the 5ft9 ginger guy brandishing a model m in the middle of Trafalgar shouldnt be hard to miss.
RougeRambo...

Suddenly all makes sense. I lol'ed a bit at your username when I read that.
haha!
*raises model m rambo style*

gore

02 Sep 2012, 22:25

This is tempting, I can crash with a friend...

RougeRambo

03 Sep 2012, 19:46

gore wrote:This is tempting, I can crash with a friend...
dooo eeeeeeeeeeet XD

RougeRambo

14 Sep 2012, 23:30

booking my flights tommorow.

longweight
key-bored

15 Sep 2012, 01:20

:D

HzFaq

15 Sep 2012, 02:24

So whats happening then, are we just going to pick a pub somewhere and go for an afternoon of beer and keyboards?

longweight
key-bored

15 Sep 2012, 10:48

Works for me as long as it is a weekend. If it is during the week then I would only be able to meet at about 6ish.

fossala
Elite +1

15 Sep 2012, 17:02

We need to set a definite date for this. I'm flexible but can you guys work out what is best for all of you so I can book it off work?

RougeRambo

15 Sep 2012, 17:19

trying to fiddle days in my head now.
can you all say and anyone new say
a) would you like to come
b) when you are free
c) what you would like to do

(i like the sound of beer and keyboards in a pub)

Here are my current plans so you know my situation. i am flying in on Friday 28th october night lateish to gatwick then going to stay with my cousin near London. Saturday i will be with him and i assume most of sunday (although i might be able to work something out to meet you guys, im really not sure.)

then i am going up to Norwich on Monday evening and will be in London all day Monday.

Monday is my ideal, but im open to suggestions.
any chance of you getting the day off longweight? can others make monday?

edit- SUNDAY afternoon is now a possibility!

RougeRambo

15 Sep 2012, 17:28

SUNDAY KEYBOARD ROAST?

fossala
Elite +1

15 Sep 2012, 17:34

Roast dinner at a pub and a pint seems good to me.

longweight
key-bored

15 Sep 2012, 17:52

Not at such short notice but Sunday sounds good to me! What date are we going for? Roast and beer sounds good to me :D

RougeRambo

15 Sep 2012, 18:30

longweight wrote:Not at such short notice but Sunday sounds good to me! What date are we going for? Roast and beer sounds good to me :D
its looking like sunday the 28th, but i need to confirm everything and check this is okay, or monday the 29th. It will be one of these two. TBC in the next day or so.

edit October btw

longweight
key-bored

15 Sep 2012, 18:33

Ohhh SHIT! I am in HK that weekend :(

Return to “Keyboards”