Dark theme

To those who want a dark theme - How is this?

Too dark
26%
Hate it
10%
Not dark enough
13%
Great
45%
OK
6%

Total votes: 31

Julle

04 Feb 2011, 22:33

Edit by sixty: I turned this into a poll so we don't have to make up a new topic. I made up a mockup of a dark theme in literally two minutes. Those who want a dark theme please vote and leave comments below. Ignore the icons entirely, obviously they need to be redone/changed for the dark theme. Also ignore the search box. How is the rest?

Personally I have no interest in a dark theme, so judgment is ultimately up to you guys.

Original message by Julle below:
Julle wrote:I have just a simple request: would it be possible to have a dark version of the Deskthority theme as well? I'm not a fan of bright backgrounds, and despite the fact that I could just go on and make myself a dark theme for Stylish, I think there are other users who would appreciate a dark theme.

EDIT: If such option already exists, I haven't found it.

itlnstln

04 Feb 2011, 22:36

Julle wrote:I have just a simple request: would it be possible to have a dark version of the Deskthority theme as well? I'm not a fan of bright backgrounds, and despite the fact that I could just go on and make myself a dark theme for Stylish, I think there are other users who would appreciate a dark theme.

EDIT: If such option already exists, I haven't found it.
I would like a darker version as well. It doesn't have to be GH dark, but it is easier on the eyes IMO.

keyboardlover

04 Feb 2011, 22:53

I prefer if its a choice, since I like the current theme.

Julle

04 Feb 2011, 22:58

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 00:01

Once the current theme is bugfree, a dark alternative probably should not take too long. Feel free to suggest how dark you want it in the meantime.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 10:14

Julle, I raped your first post, edited it and turned it into a poll. Those dark souls among you, please go ahead and let me know your thoughts.

noctua

05 Feb 2011, 11:12

Related to the dark layout, the font size a bit bigger, the background color lighter,
the forecolor of text (topic, posts, time stamp) should no reach #FFFFFF,
the forecolor from chapters could be a bit lighter.. in my opinion
Attachments
Ligther-Variant.jpg
Ligther-Variant.jpg (55.42 KiB) Viewed 8010 times

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

05 Feb 2011, 19:22

Definitely use white writing as above ^^

I think the bright theme here is quite refreshing, but if it doesn't involve too much hassle, I'm all for choice.

Moogle Stiltzkin

17 Feb 2011, 07:17

I love the current white grey theme but....

Dark themes are more environmentally friendly because your monitor screens don't use up as much power for dark themes.

So seeing as there is the global warming concern, and think it's better to opt for a darker theme :mrgreen:

Anyway if you change to a dark theme make sure the color isn't dark on dark or the contrast for words will suck. The wordings make them white or a lighter color so the contrast doesn't suck too hard.

Minskleip

17 Feb 2011, 09:42

Don't let al gore see your white light lest he molest you and fly away in his private jet

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

23 Mar 2018, 15:15

So, when is this going to happen? :lol:

cml

23 Mar 2018, 17:25

What I do to read white-intensive sites after the sun sets is change the Firefox colors palette like this
colors.png
colors.png (28.62 KiB) Viewed 7562 times
and I get something like this
spy-grey.png
spy-grey.png (91.99 KiB) Viewed 7562 times
which is less than perfect because it ofuscates some images like the top DT banner, but not images in posts, thankfully.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Mar 2018, 17:35

necroposting.jpg
necroposting.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 7557 times
:lol:

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

23 Mar 2018, 17:37

But in all seriousness, I've been waiting for a dark theme for years!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Mar 2018, 17:43

Blaise170 wrote: Image

But in all seriousness, I've been waiting for a dark theme for years!
Your smily had made the joke obvious :lol:

Anyway, I would suggest you wait another 7 years :mrgreen:

Return to “Deskthority talk”