GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

IvanIvanovich

07 Dec 2012, 09:28

29 Jun. - 100% finished with order shipping.
If you would like to claim these unpaid orders PM me. If you have not placed a prior order include your paypal email, real name and mailing address and I will get you invoiced.

The following are available:
white on purple sets - SOLD OUT!
CMYK sets - SOLD OUT!
Esc sets - SOLD OUT!

DSC01767_zps2eae0c0c.jpg
DSC01767_zps2eae0c0c.jpg (515.44 KiB) Viewed 15628 times
White on purple modifiers pack - 32 key set - price: €31.00 / $41.00
Shift (4 keys): 1.25, 1.75, 2.25, 2.75 B profile
Control (6 keys; 2x each): 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 B profile
Alt (3 keys; 1x each): 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 B profile
Alt Gr (3 keys; 1x each): 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 B profile
Windows (2 keys; 2x each): 1.25 B profile
Menu: (1 key) 1.25 B profile
Tab (1 key): 1.5 D profile
Caps Lock (2 keys): 1.75 Stepped, 1.75 Full-touch C profile
Enter (2 keys): ANSI 2.25, ISO C profile
Backspace (1 key): 2.0 E profile
Blank keys (6 keys, 3x each) 1.0, 1.25 B profile
Blank keys (1 key) 1.5 B profile
DSC01772_zps139331c4.jpg
DSC01772_zps139331c4.jpg (550.81 KiB) Viewed 15628 times
CMYK (black on color keycap) modifiers pack - 16 key set - price: €27.00 / $36.00
Shift – Yellow (4 keys): 1.25, 1.75, 2.25, 2.75 B profile
Ctrl – Magenta (6 keys; 2x each): 1.0. 1.25, 1.5 B profile
Alt – Cyan (3 keys; 1x each): 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 B profile
Alt Gr – Cyan (3 keys; 1x each): 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 B profile

Esc pack - 3 key set - price: €7.00 / $9.50
red on white x1 E profile
white on purple x1 E profile
white on bright green x1 E profile

ORDERS CLOSED

Another image of the colors since my camera is not accurate with Cyan, and the AE color is the bright green in the Esc pack.

Shipping:
Shipping will be billed based on your order,
set weights
white/purple 55g/2oz
cmyk 28g/1oz
esc 6g/.2oz
+fixed weight of bubble mailer 20g/.7oz
All will now be shipped via USPS for all orders world wide.

Additional Fees:
€2/$2.50 sorting fee for each order, buyer pays paypal fees.

For those interested in a package deal including full set of used white on black US Cherry doubleshots set, please see this thread.

Orders / MOQ
white/purple - 300/300
cmyk - 228/300
esc pack - 340/400

FAQ:
Q: Will you undervaule the customs form?
A: Yes, I will be doing this by default on all international orders as gift $30 unless directed otherwise.
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 29 Jun 2013, 08:04, edited 95 times in total.

7bit

07 Dec 2012, 09:52

How does Google Docs know that we use the correct username?

Also: Incomplete kits in colors other than what already exists don't make sense as you still need the original key caps for the rest of your keyboard.

guilleguillaume

07 Dec 2012, 10:23

I already voted.

Too difficult to choose only one colour per kit :|

Ascaii
The Beard

07 Dec 2012, 10:24

Ive voted, but I agree with 7bit, we should have the mod kit in original cherry, a GMK moogle.

guilleguillaume

07 Dec 2012, 10:27

Ascaii wrote:Ive voted, but I agree with 7bit, we should have the mod kit in original cherry, a GMK moogle.
I agree with you both because as much as I would like to have any of the colour combination offered they don't match at all the default Beige or Black sets.

I forgot to vote for that option in "other" category.

dirge

07 Dec 2012, 10:32

Number row will only work for ANSI users, I would love the option for a Function Row, and modifiers to match the alpha keys like below. Means you could use a regular cherry beige set and have something tasteful.

HzFaq

07 Dec 2012, 10:39

I think the guys might be hedging their bets in that someone else might have already done the beige/black/Dolch moogles and are going for something different.

I agree though, a propper Cherry moogle kit would be awesome and no doubt I'll get at least one whatever the colour (even though Alt Gr has been overlooked).

I can't get on google docs at work but so I'm voting tonight.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

07 Dec 2012, 10:44

Agree with 7bit.
Also it's weird that we have to chose between only white legends on the modifier kit and then we have black legends on the CMYK kit. The CMYK kit would have made sense if we made a black on beige modifier kit.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2012, 10:47

Ascaii wrote:Ive voted, but I agree with 7bit, we should have the mod kit in original cherry, a GMK moogle.
Right, anything else than original Cherry doesn't make sense.

HzFaq wrote:[…] even though Alt Gr has been overlooked […]
sigh... a whole bunch of unnecessary keys, but no Alt Gr...

BimboBB

07 Dec 2012, 11:19

By all respect for lysol's and dangwang's work, I dont get it why the standard black on beige modifiers are not even in the poll. :shock: Now everybody votes some funny colours and a big chance to suit all existing vintage sets is gone.

Also the 7x Spacebar? :? This one you find on any vintage set. Whats the point of that?

zulios

07 Dec 2012, 11:25

@kbdfr : I don't get why you want that alt gr key so bad. It would drive the price up and doesn't make such a difference to me.

I understand 7bit's point, but as long as moogle kits / esc keys are concerned we can find something that would look good with beige caps, don't we ? Brown would be nice I believe.

-- edit --

BTW Lysol, that yellow font is really hard to read ! That might be a copy / paste from another forum I guess but maybe something to note for a future post :)

Ascaii
The Beard

07 Dec 2012, 11:28

I want the AltGr as well. It might seem minor to a lot of people, but I want it, to keep my board looking genuine.

Halverson

07 Dec 2012, 11:36

I don't need the alt gr whatsoever, but from what I've seen on DT, a lot of people do. I would gladly pay a couple bucks more to put that cap in the set.

rindorbrot

07 Dec 2012, 11:41

Add alt gr and black on beige for modifier pack and I'm in.
Also: why no 6.25 space?
I guess they only fit cherry spacing? I'd be fine with that

mintberryminuscrunch

07 Dec 2012, 11:46

Halverson wrote:I don't need the alt gr whatsoever, but from what I've seen on DT, a lot of people do. I would gladly pay a couple bucks more to put that cap in the set.
More like a couple of cents

PS.why a modifier set, when you can do entire ones?
Mixing different shades oft cherry caps looks horrible
Last edited by mintberryminuscrunch on 07 Dec 2012, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2012, 11:47

zulios wrote:@kbdfr : I don't get why you want that alt gr key so bad. It would drive the price up and doesn't make such a difference to me.[…]
Thanks to Ascaii for answering that already:
Ascaii wrote:I want the AltGr as well. It might seem minor to a lot of people, but I want it, to keep my board looking genuine.
I want it for the same reason you wouldn't like your French "Control" keycap being replaced with a German "Strg": it just does not belong there.

As for the price, I for one have nothing against paying for a lot of keys I'll never need, as long as it allows a lot of other people to get what they want - that's why the pack contains different sizes of same keys, after all. And I don't even know what a "Fn" key can be used for, but it's contained all the same and I grant it to those who want it, and will of course co-finance it for them if I buy a pack.

BimboBB

07 Dec 2012, 11:51

HzFaq wrote:I think the guys might be hedging their bets in that someone else might have already done the beige/black/Dolch moogles and are going for something different.
But the two guys clearly said, they dont care anymore about the retailers after they confirmed not to be interested in any co-operation with the community (their customers btw!). Retailers could just have said "hey, will have these and these cherry caps" in 3,4,5 weeks in store. Story would be finished and everybody could adjust accordingly.

I also see no problem in current situation. If this GB will get through quickly, incl money collecting, I doubt somebody will step off, just to get their keys two weeks earlier from a retailer. At least I wouldnt do. Especially not, if there is a second "coloured" mod pack in that order.

jeroplane

07 Dec 2012, 12:41

A few of these questions have been answered at different times in the GH discussion thread, so I will summarise some of it here.

I think the reason for not offering the option for original Cherry "Moogle Kits" is because there is some speculation that other retailers may be providing these kits. For example, EK has already produced the red Esc keys and they have stated that they expect to receive more keycaps from GMK soon. While they haven't said explicitly that they will be Moogle Kits, it is more than likely since these have been very sought-after in recent times. Since retailers have to front money and then later turn a profit, there is no doubt that they would only produce the kits which they know will sell - Moogle Kits are one of these. We can probably expect a Cherry RGB kit from EK too, in my opinion.
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
Halverson wrote:I don't need the alt gr whatsoever, but from what I've seen on DT, a lot of people do. I would gladly pay a couple bucks more to put that cap in the set.
More like a couple of cents

PS.why a modifier set, when you can do entire ones?
Mixing different shades oft cherry caps looks horrible
GMK has stated that they will not be able to produce full sets until 4 months time, due to their current workload. However they said that they would be able to fit us into their production schedule sooner if we want smaller sets such a modifier kits and single keys. Full set discussion will begin after the IC for the first smaller GMK order is complete.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2012, 13:53

jeroplane wrote:A few of these questions have been answered at different times in the GH discussion thread, so I will summarise some of it here.

I think the reason for not offering the option for original Cherry "Moogle Kits" is because there is some speculation that other retailers may be providing these kits. For example, EK has already produced the red Esc keys and they have stated that they expect to receive more keycaps from GMK soon. While they haven't said explicitly that they will be Moogle Kits, it is more than likely since these have been very sought-after in recent times. Since retailers have to front money and then later turn a profit, there is no doubt that they would only produce the kits which they know will sell - Moogle Kits are one of these. We can probably expect a Cherry RGB kit from EK too, in my opinion. […]
Excerpt from EK's FAQs: "Do you ship internationally? -Our target markets are the USA and Canada […]" and "Do you carry keyboards with ISO/Euro Layouts? -No we do not […]".

So I rather doubt they will have the slightest interest in offering European Moogle Kits. And hitting a MOQ for European Moogle Kits (or just for "Alt Gr" keycaps) will prove even more difficult as everything the US market requires will have been provided before, not to mention the silly idea of having keycaps produced in Germany, shipped to the US retailer and then shipped to Europe again.

This way, in this group buy we European folks are asked to co-finance US flavoured sets (as for example US Shift caps have different symbols/legends from, say, German or French ones) without being given the opportunity to at least partially suit our needs where it could easily be done. And even worse, the fact that we contribute to satisfy the US demand means it will prove more difficult to satisfy ours - and will make it way more expensive.

jeroplane

07 Dec 2012, 14:20

My explanation was more directed at Moogle Kits in general - i.e. the reason why beige/black/Dolch colours are not available as an option. It was not about the US/UK divide.

For future full sets we can trust lysol and Dan to include all ISO and Euro layouts. We know lysol in particular is very thoughtful of international users and the DT community. The general consensus is that full sets will be created to include the key caps so that they will be compatible for all users. This means that all Euro and US (and rest of the world like me) will pay the same price no matter what their layout, as opposed to Euros needing to pay extra for ISO kits as has happened in the past.

Shipping has been mentioned in the GH thread too. There have been discussions about using a German proxy to ship the big batch of orders to the US, as well as to distribute throughout Europe without going back and forth.

Again, a lot of these concerns have been answered in the lengthy discussion over at Geekhack: link.

pasph

07 Dec 2012, 14:36

Number row only ANSI...
Original Cherry "Moogle Kits" order will hurt this?
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37760.0

BimboBB

07 Dec 2012, 14:46

jeroplane wrote: Again, a lot of these concerns have been answered in the lengthy discussion over at Geekhack: link.
Which answers? You mean the assumptions and speculations?

from your mentioned thread:
dangwang wrote: But as many other people have already said in this thread and told me personally, the retailers are not willing to share their information. And hey, that's fine with me. It's going to impact them more than it will impact me, so I stopped caring =)
Thats why I am wondering about the current selection, as it only impacts the community, nobody else. ;)

jeroplane

07 Dec 2012, 15:21

I was just trying to provide a summary for you guys of some of the discussion in the GH thread. :\ And yeah a lot of it is speculation - the point is these things have been thought of but it is too early to confirm many things.

mintberryminuscrunch

07 Dec 2012, 15:37

kbdfr wrote:
jeroplane wrote:A few of these questions have been answered at different times in the GH discussion thread, so I will summarise some of it here.

I think the reason for not offering the option for original Cherry "Moogle Kits" is because there is some speculation that other retailers may be providing these kits. For example, EK has already produced the red Esc keys and they have stated that they expect to receive more keycaps from GMK soon. While they haven't said explicitly that they will be Moogle Kits, it is more than likely since these have been very sought-after in recent times. Since retailers have to front money and then later turn a profit, there is no doubt that they would only produce the kits which they know will sell - Moogle Kits are one of these. We can probably expect a Cherry RGB kit from EK too, in my opinion. […]
Excerpt from EK's FAQs: "Do you ship internationally? -Our target markets are the USA and Canada […]" and "Do you carry keyboards with ISO/Euro Layouts? -No we do not […]".

So I rather doubt they will have the slightest interest in offering European Moogle Kits. And hitting a MOQ for European Moogle Kits (or just for "Alt Gr" keycaps) will prove even more difficult as everything the US market requires will have been provided before, not to mention the silly idea of having keycaps produced in Germany, shipped to the US retailer and then shipped to Europe again.

This way, in this group buy we European folks are asked to co-finance US flavoured sets (as for example US Shift caps have different symbols/legends from, say, German or French ones) without being given the opportunity to at least partially suit our needs where it could easily be done. And even worse, the fact that we contribute to satisfy the US demand means it will prove more difficult to satisfy ours - and will make it way more expensive.
Plus we would have to pay resale prices and who wants that (two times customs is quite enough as it is).
Ps. I myself can't see a reason why Alt Gr would look out of place on ANSI

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2012, 15:50

kbdfr [b](in the Geekhack thread)[/b] wrote:I very much appreciate that lysol also actively informs and includes Deskthority in this endeavour, and that he is aware of the issues involved for non-US layouts. That's real community spirit.
That for sure.
But still this group buy is for US folks only. All symbols/legends are for US keyboards (except for the ISO Enter).
So as a matter of fact we European folks help our US friends to meet MOQs and get cheaper rates for their keycaps and as a reward we get keycaps which do not really suit our (admittedly diverse) national layouts - and not even the "Alt Gr" key which is common to all European layouts.
Once this will have happened, will our US friends order "our" keycaps just to help us meet MOQs and get cheaper rates, as we will have done for them before?
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:[…] Ps. I myself can't see a reason why Alt Gr would look out of place on ANSI
:lol: I hadn't even thought of that argument before :lol:

damorgue

07 Dec 2012, 16:23

I am holding out for full ISO sets.
I will at least follow how this proceeds, even though I am not interested in what they choose here. Interesting stuff ahead.

IvanIvanovich

07 Dec 2012, 17:32

I have discussed the Alt Gr situation with Dan. It seems to be more important than I thought it would. We will include it, to replace one of the Alt so there will be 1 Alt and 1 Alt Gr in each key size.
Why are we not offering beige or black color keyset? Those will be offered later, as a similar mod pack and of course in full set options when we start that in the spring.
I intended for the numrow pack to have only numbers, no shifted punctuation legend so they could be universal. This may not go over well either, but it's an interest check so let us know.

I thought people would be more interested in some new things and some different colors instead of only beige.

7bit

07 Dec 2012, 17:59

I think it should be full sets in new colors and add-on stuff in standard colors.

IvanIvanovich

07 Dec 2012, 18:09

Yes we will be doing full sets IN THE SPRING. GMK does not have production time for us right now for a big order like that so we are getting started with what we can get from them right now. Our color choices are merely some suggestions from the big thread at GH, and there is the OTHER box for you to write in whatever you wish if we have not included it.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2012, 18:18

lysol wrote:I am discussing the Alt Gr situation with Dan. It seems to be more important than I thought it would so I will do my best to address this concern.
Why are we not offering beige or black color keyset? Those will be offered later, as a similar mod pack and of course in full set options when we start that in the spring.
I intended for the numrow pack to have only numbers, no shifted punctuation legend so they could be universal.

I thought people would be more interested in some new things and some different colors instead of only beige.
Hi lysol,

Thanks again (to you and Dan) for organizing all that - and of course for reconsidering the Alt Gr issue :mrgreen:

I think "moogle kitting" is much more an issue here in Europe than it is in the US, because here used vintage (winkeyless) Cherry keyboards with doubleshots are in quite large supply and a lot of us have them but never had the chance to be able to fully adapt the caps to more modern boards. The perspective of new genuine "old" Cherry keycaps to achieve that is a real thrill!

Return to “Group buys”