Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

RC-1140

09 Dec 2012, 13:35

AFAIK most M2s are not worth much. They are pretty flimsy. I bought one on ebay for 15€, and Ascaii gave me a really dirty one to replace a broken spring of the first one.

fossala
Elite +1

16 Dec 2012, 16:58

What about this board. I have already bought one, just want to know if 50gbp was too much.
http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cf ... /id/131246
Is it just me or is there something attractive about IBM boards that no other board has?

maxmalkav
dye hard

16 Dec 2012, 22:49

Are a couple of Futaba boards worth 20€ including shipping?
One has a similar layout to Model F, other is a typical winkeyless board

A picture of the switches, I may be wrong, but it seems like a Futaba switch

Not sure if Futaba is a good purchase of not :S

krixtal

17 Dec 2012, 14:42

Hi all, Any of you know how much this Model M cost? My brother gives me one and I would like to sell it.

the layout is German.

Thanks in advance.

fossala
Elite +1

17 Dec 2012, 15:42

krixtal wrote:Hi all, Any of you know how much this Model M cost? My brother gives me one and I would like to sell it.

the layout is German.

Thanks in advance.
50euros. If you brother gave you it and you don't want it. Shouldn't you give it him back rather than selling it?

maxmalkav
dye hard

17 Dec 2012, 18:11

@ Fossala, in Spain usually happens something like this: "I have two options regarding this old and bulky keyboard IBM model-something: I give it for free to someone who likes junk or I just dump it myself like trash I think it is". I bet is was not given as a present of something valuable.

Acanthophis

19 Dec 2012, 16:00

What is a white/beige Filco TKL case worth? Assuming it comes from a brandnew board.
Also, do I have to expect a huge price difference between a Ninja case and the regular MJ2 case?

Thanks in advance ;)

HzFaq

19 Dec 2012, 16:12

The cases are interchangeable, no difference between Ninja and Maj2 asside from the caps. I don't recall the last time a case was sold on its own though, they're usually traded. No idea what cash value they have sorry.

Speaking of which, if you have a beige one I would be interested in trading for my black one :D.

Acanthophis

19 Dec 2012, 16:20

Na, I'm also looking for a white one :D

And yes, there are differences on the case. On Ninja cases the Filco logo is black and the legends for the caps/scroll lock LEDs are non-existent. (= prettier, imo)

HzFaq

19 Dec 2012, 16:27

Oh, there are some minor cosmetic differences (Zero's have a purple background on the logo for example) but all the boards fit all the cases which is what I thought you were asking about.

Good luck with your search.

grave00

20 Dec 2012, 02:52

How about 51G8572 Model M? Some are from UK, some are Lexmark. Condition is very good.

fossala
Elite +1

20 Dec 2012, 08:40

grave00 wrote:How about 51G8572 Model M? Some are from UK, some are Lexmark. Condition is very good.
Just a normal model M, where abouts do you live, this is very important to the price.

maxrunner

20 Dec 2012, 15:35

Ascaii wrote:Its definitely not an IBM, but made for an IBM terminal. Im guessing it will either have keytronic switches or black cherry switches. Please pull a cap and take a picture. Also, the label would help as well.
So i finally got this with me, and i'ts not an ibm but a phillips mechanical keyboard. Never made it work with my pc(only tried ubuntu os). The key leds do work though. i assume this is really for some type of terminal?. They're linear i think, not tactile or clicky, more like mx blacks maybe. Here's some pics:

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Dec 2012, 16:06

That is white NMB Space invader switches. Very nice find!

maxrunner

20 Dec 2012, 16:25

Is it worth good money? it's not mine so i'm only dealing with the possible sale.

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Dec 2012, 16:38

Well...it really depends whether it can be used on a pc without conversion via teensy...I would say anywhere between 30 and 70€ are possible, since it seems to be new and unsused.

Can you tell whether the caps are lasered, printed, or dyesubbed?

maxrunner

20 Dec 2012, 16:40

Well they're not double shot, so either they're lasered or dyesubbed....

grave00

20 Dec 2012, 16:41

fossala wrote:
grave00 wrote:How about 51G8572 Model M? Some are from UK, some are Lexmark. Condition is very good.
Just a normal model M, where abouts do you live, this is very important to the price.
USA, west coast.

maxrunner

20 Dec 2012, 16:43

Ascaii wrote:That is white NMB Space invader switches. Very nice find!
Where can i find more about these switches?

fossala
Elite +1

20 Dec 2012, 16:45

grave00 wrote:
fossala wrote:
USA, west coast.
They have been selling for around $50 shipped within the US on GH recently. Don't know how much shipping would cut into the $50 though. The thing is, over in the states the market is flooded with them, hence low price. Here (UK) there aren't very many on the market, hence here they get around 2x the value.

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Dec 2012, 16:46

maxrunner wrote:
Haata, ripster(reddit keyboards), geekhack in that order.

Also, I think 002 was looking for a board in good condition, might be worth talking to him.

maxrunner

20 Dec 2012, 17:06

Ascaii wrote:
maxrunner wrote:

Also, I think 002 was looking for a board in good condition, might be worth talking to him.
Ok, ill try asking him.
thanks,

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Dec 2012, 17:25

If possible, please share your findings and add them, as well as pictures of your keyboard to our wiki article:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/NMB_switch

maxmalkav
dye hard

20 Dec 2012, 17:53

Ascaii wrote:
maxrunner wrote:

IIRC, 002 already got a NIB NMB board.

BTW, I also feel some kind of fascination about this switch, I'm using a NMB board right now for writing this ;-) For me it feels non clicky but slightly tactile (like a very stiff MX Brown). It also has PBT keycaps, not sure if lasered of dye-sub, it's a plate mounted and quite sound ICL keyboard with ISO layout ;) I must say it seems to be NKRO. Not sure if it has some value, but is a nice vintage board for daily use.

maxrunner

20 Dec 2012, 19:05

IT doesnt feel tactile to me at all, and it really is stiff. Still i will still try to make this work on my pc. Is there a reason why it wont?the leds do turn on when i press the lock keys....

maxmalkav
dye hard

20 Dec 2012, 20:46

Any other opinion about the tactility (or lack of it) of NMB switches? :-)

BTW, I want to ask: how much is worth a Cherry G80-3700HAU? It has Cherry MX Black switches, double shot keycaps (and an upper row of relegendable ones), DIN connection and a nice Cherry sticker. Not sure but I think it's a programmable one.

precarious

31 Dec 2012, 01:48

http://deskthority.net/wiki/G80-0777

If anyone happens to recall, this turned up on eBay a few weeks ago and I purchased it for whatever reason. Since I'm not really in a position to be acquiring massive amounts of keyboards to stow away in acrylic display cases, I was wondering if anyone may be interested in purchasing it. I did pay quite a bit for it, relatively speaking, but I'm uncertain as to its "true" value. I'd rather not be seen as someone who purchases things to resell them, so I was just wondering what may be a fair price.

No yellowing, great condition. I don't think there were any other examples of this board to be found, serial number 56 per the photos I added to the wiki. Also, if anyone has any specific suggestions for information I may add to the wiki page, I'd be happy to do that. You can probably tell from looking at the page that I didn't have much to say off the top of my head. :)

rodtang

31 Dec 2012, 01:51

precarious wrote:so I was just wondering what may be a fair price.
Whatever you paid for it should be about right.

fossala
Elite +1

31 Dec 2012, 07:53

Why don't you just sell it for the 100gbp you bought it for. I did a nice thing a showed it to the community rather than buying to sell. Would be a bit poor if you then did the same.

precarious

31 Dec 2012, 09:48

fossala wrote:Why don't you just sell it for the 100gbp you bought it for. I did a nice thing a showed it to the community rather than buying to sell. Would be a bit poor if you then did the same.
I had to read your post five times until I understood what you were saying.

I did not purchase this keyboard because you so benevolently presented it to this community. I purchased it because I regularly refresh eBay while working from home, I saw it immediately upon being listed, and I knew that there was no information regarding this particular model from having previously looked into various older Cherry boards. In fact, I did a "nice thing" and posted a thread about it on Geekhack prior to changing my mind and buying it, while we're inflating our egos.

I'm getting some kind of accusatory tone from the previous two postings, but perhaps English is not your native language. Or perhaps that's just the way things are around here.

Maybe I'll just shoot it with my handgun and post a video of that instead. The primary implication of my post was that perhaps I paid too much for it, and so not even that would be reasonable. Excuse me for making an inquiry. Next time I won't seek information, I guess.

Return to “Marketplace Help”