Krytox GPL 200 [All have finally arrived]

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

07 Jan 2013, 16:26

Index - Added, but you need to add your country to your profile. You haven't added it to either your DT or GH accounts.

mintberryminuscrunch - I think I'm going to try and pay the invoice myself and have you guys immediately pay me back with shipping/paypal added. I would prefer to have a single payment per person as you could imagine.

inlikeflynn

07 Jan 2013, 21:06

Please add me in to get some as well and just pick it up from you at work after you get it in if that is ok.
Thanks Ed!

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

08 Jan 2013, 00:33

You got it.

I will ask for an invoice either before I go to bed or tomorrow, so there is only a matter of hours left now. My mom thinks it's funny that I'm ordering hundreds of dollars of lube... It's like $600 now isn't it...

Durainello

08 Jan 2013, 14:40

Just to check is it suitable for Topre?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

08 Jan 2013, 19:00

I believe only a few people have tried krytox on topre. Lube can be put on anything you want.

I have just asked for an invoice for 15 tubes (that's 1 extra as I know somebody will buy it).

EDIT: This must be one of the fastest groupbuys ever since first contact was made 12/20, and I've asked for an invoice 1/8. If only all groupbuys could go this quickly.
Last edited by The_Ed on 08 Jan 2013, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

damorgue

08 Jan 2013, 19:04

Durainello wrote:Just to check is it suitable for Topre?
Just keep in mind that some rubbers are sensitive to some oils and greases, and if it slips down it could affect the dome. I think it has been established that this lube works with most polymers, but I would check its compatability with the rubber Topre uses for their switches before applying it to the entire keyboard. They are quite expensive after all. I am quite certain that it won't affect the rubber, but just fyi, be a bit catious.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

08 Jan 2013, 19:48

I believe limmy used 100 in his HHKB. Correct me if I'm wrong.

100 is an oil, and 200 is 100 in grease form.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

08 Jan 2013, 21:43

I have hinted that you guys want some 103 as well, and they are looking into it. I *might* be able to be convinced to run a groupbuy for it, but I would rather have fossala do it as I am lazy/have too much on my plate already. So bug him to go through with his groupbuy, and then if he declines bug me instead (in this thread, not by PM).

Limmy

08 Jan 2013, 22:44

GPL200 is basically PTFE thickened GPL100. If you have any other Krytox grease and GPL100, then you could make grease similar to GPL200. Also, don't be too surprised if you see a lot of oil-grease separation in GPL200. (I have seen quite amount of separation on my GPL201)

I have at hand
oil: GPL100, 103, 105,
grease: GPL201, 203, 205, 226, 240AC, 240AZ

I thought you were quite content with GPL205. May I ask why you wanted GPL200? If you wanted less thick grease, you could have just mixed GPL100 to your grease.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

11 Jan 2013, 09:38

...Still waiting for the invoice...

If I don't get it later today (Friday), I probably won't get it 'till Monday.

jcrouse

11 Jan 2013, 14:51

Limmy wrote:I thought you were quite content with GPL205. May I ask why you wanted GPL200? If you wanted less thick grease, you could have just mixed GPL100 to your grease.
I know GPL 103 is a little thicker but I have tried to mix it with 205 and the results were not very good. The viscosity was very inconsistant. How do you mix it Limmy?

Thanks,
John

Limmy

11 Jan 2013, 16:07

jcrouse wrote: I know GPL 103 is a little thicker but I have tried to mix it with 205 and the results were not very good. The viscosity was very inconsistant. How do you mix it Limmy?
I put grease and oil in a small container and mixed it with coffee stick. They mix pretty well. If you want less thick grease you would have to put a lot of oil into the mix. Last time I tried, I had to put the same amount of oil in weight as grease to have noticeable thinning of grease. I would advise you to add small increments of grease to puddle of oil rather than putting them all together at the same time when you do the experiment.

If you have both grease and oil, I would recommend brushing surface with small amount of grease and then put a small drop of oil on top. It worked for me. I think mixing grease with oil and then use the mix to brush could also work, but it would be hard to maintain consistency of the mix. (in order to have consistent mix I would have to weigh grease and oil, and that seems too much of maintenance even for me.)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

15 Jan 2013, 21:32

I just sent the prepay of $603.70 for 15 tubes. I'll do the math and ask for money from you all later today if I remember.

EDIT: Who's gonna take the 15th tube?

BimboBB

15 Jan 2013, 21:38

I will take it. :)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

15 Jan 2013, 21:41

You got it.

Acanthophis

15 Jan 2013, 21:49

Just a quick question:
Can you use the GPL200 as an allround lube? For stem sliders, spring connection points, and Costar stabs?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

15 Jan 2013, 21:52

For everything inside a switch - yes. For stabilizers - no fucking clue.

Acanthophis

15 Jan 2013, 21:56

Sounds fair enough.

rindorbrot

15 Jan 2013, 23:45

Lube ALL the things! :lol:

Acanthophis

16 Jan 2013, 02:19

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

18 Jan 2013, 20:57

I'm thinking of this for the pricing tier considering the prepay of $603.70 for 15 tubes, shipping, and paypal fees. What do you guys think? Seem close/fair enough?

L - $43.50 (Cash - No shipping or paypal fees - inlikeflynn)
U - $48.50 ($94.50 for 2 - Index)
C - $50.00 (Pointless since there are no Canadians...)
I - $54.50 (Webwit for $43.50 if he makes me a custom title of "Asperger's... SQUIRREL!")

EDIT: I don't know whether they will come directly to me, or to them first then me. I also haven't received a confirmation of my payment or a estimated ship date yet. I'll probably send them another email tomorrow.

rindorbrot

18 Jan 2013, 21:43

I'd say those prices seem about right to me.

Acanthophis

19 Jan 2013, 02:12

Hm, I wonder if sharing shipping with fellow German(s) would make it cheaper for us.
We are five Germans.
Would be shipping internationally be the same if you put our tubes all in one package?
If so, we could save ourselves a lot of shipping costs and for you it's less work.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jan 2013, 02:17

If you want to do that then you can coordinate with your fellow Germans, and then tell me who's orders to combine and where to ship them. Also do you think my pricing tier seems good based on final cost speculation?

Batmann

21 Jan 2013, 12:04

Is there still room for late joiners?

pasph

21 Jan 2013, 15:24

Batmann wrote:Is there still room for late joiners?
If there isn't you can take mine

Acanthophis

21 Jan 2013, 18:46

The_Ed wrote:Also do you think my pricing tier seems good based on final cost speculation?
Yes, seems fair. No objections on my side.

@ my fellow Germans:
Will sich jemand zusammentun um Portokosten zu sparen? Bin mir auch gar nicht sicher, ob sichs überhaupt lohnen würde, da der nationale Versand zusätzlich anfällt.

@Ed
Will the price per tube be the same if you put them all in one package? Or can we expect a slight price drop? Because if not, combined shipping makes no sense at all then :D

mintberryminuscrunch

21 Jan 2013, 19:20

Acanthophis wrote:
@ my fellow Germans:
Will sich jemand zusammentun um Portokosten zu sparen? Bin mir auch gar nicht sicher, ob sichs überhaupt lohnen würde, da der nationale Versand zusätzlich anfällt.

Das Problem wäre dann u. U. der Zoll.

BimboBB

21 Jan 2013, 21:38

$10 shipping is okay with me. Not sure how much we save compared to national shipping, but guess its not worth the hassle.

Acanthophis

21 Jan 2013, 21:58

Wenns es richtig deklariert und unter Wert ist, sollte das eigentlich kein Problem darstellen.

Return to “Group buys”