Krytox GPL 200 [All have finally arrived]

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

21 Jan 2013, 22:52

pasph wrote:
Batmann wrote:Is there still room for late joiners?
If there isn't you can take mine
Batmann - No room for late joiners unless someone else transfers their order to you.

pasph - Are you sure you want me to do that?
pasph wrote:@Ed
Will the price per tube be the same if you put them all in one package? Or can we expect a slight price drop? Because if not, combined shipping makes no sense at all then
It will be cheaper of course, but after the second shipment inside Germany who knows. Especially considering Der Zoll. If it was 10 tubes I would say you should do it for sure. But at 5? it is questionably close, but it is all up to you guys to decide anyway.
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:$10 shipping is okay with me.
That's not just shipping. It's the packing materials, shipping, and paypal fees. I'll be putting more/different packaging than normal so that the postal services of the world don't puncture our precious lube tubes. I haven't quite figured out exactly how I'll pack them yet though. Any suggestions?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

22 Jan 2013, 02:48

Batmann has been substituted for Pasph.

Icarium

22 Jan 2013, 09:37

Acanthophis wrote:Wenns es richtig deklariert und unter Wert ist, sollte das eigentlich kein Problem darstellen.
You shouldn't have to pay customs because it's so cheap but you will have to pay import VAT, which is still a lot.

BimboBB

22 Jan 2013, 16:14

If Ed includes an invoice outside of the package declaring a value of USD 20-25, we might be able to avoid the VAT as well.

Acanthophis

22 Jan 2013, 16:53

BimboBB wrote:If Ed includes an invoice outside of the package declaring a value of USD 20-25, we might be able to avoid the VAT as well.
My thoughts exactly.

Batmann

24 Jan 2013, 08:30

The_Ed wrote:Batmann has been substituted for Pasph.
Cool thx

JohnGB

29 Jan 2013, 15:26

Damn. Sorry that I missed this. If there is a way of getting in on it, or if there is another in the future, could whoever does it let me know?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

30 Jan 2013, 01:22

I have heard back, and the order is currently in production. Remember that lead time is 4-6 weeks. I'll PM for payments soon-ish (I have been a bit busy).

Unless people transfer their order, there is no way to get in on this groupbuy.

graboy

30 Jan 2013, 04:38

The_Ed wrote:I have heard back, and the order is currently in production. Remember that lead time is 4-6 weeks. I'll PM for payments soon-ish (I have been a bit busy).

Unless people transfer their order, there is no way to get in on this groupbuy.
I'm interested in some as well. I'd like to hear what people think of it, I'm not really sure what grease/oil/lube I want right now.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 01:02

Bad news for international people. USPS has raised the postage to $12.75! I have had to adjust the price accordingly. There is nothing I can do about it.

Local 2
USA 4
Germany 6
France 1
Netherlands 1
UK 1

L - $43.50 (Cash - No shipping or paypal fees - inlikeflynn)
U - $49.50 ($95 for 2 - Index) - USPS first-class with tracking/delivery confirmation
I - $59 (Webwit for $45.50 (that's ~10EUR less) IF he makes me a custom title of "Asperger's... SQUIRREL!")

In a few minutes I will start sending PMs to you all.

DO NOT PAY GIFT!

EDIT: PMs sent. Hopefully I didn't fuck up, just tell me if I did. I will put a PAID by your names after I receive payment.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Feb 2013, 02:24

Thanks for organising this group buy, added the 10 EUR donation to the dt donations fund!

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 02:31

My laziness in asking to get paid actually paid off since USPS raised their postage.

Only webwit and jcrouse are paid as of this time.

jcrouse

01 Feb 2013, 02:38

And I believe mine was a gift. Smack my ass and tell me What to do.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 02:39

It was gift, don't do it again.

jcrouse

01 Feb 2013, 02:43

Thanks. Just Let me know if you need a few more bucks, not a problem.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 02:47

That's the problem, you are more than paid. Gift gives me the extra money that is supposed to go to paypal fees. Too many gift payments and paypal will lock my account.

Edit: I'm not that mad as long as others don't follow suit.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Feb 2013, 02:48

Thank him for the gift, and ask him when he's gonna pay the krytox bill! :evilgeek:

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 02:49

I already paid the prepay of $603.70 about 2 weeks ago.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 05:38

Whoever "[REDACTED]" is, I just got your $59. I can't mark you off as paid until I know your username though.
Last edited by The_Ed on 01 Feb 2013, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

rindorbrot

01 Feb 2013, 07:27

Paid!

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 08:47

Paid progress [:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>..................................................................] 33%

Acanthophis

01 Feb 2013, 09:26

Paid.
Will you pack it in a neutral toned package paper?
Or will be 'lube' written in bold red letters all over the package? :D

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 09:30

Well... Now that you gave me the idea...

I don't think I want to go to the post office with a dozen packages with "lube" written all over them. Plus that's probably a sure way to get the customs office to 'hold onto' your package. EDIT: Maybe I'll just do it to yours to test that theory. :lol:

Acanthophis

01 Feb 2013, 10:04

Well, just make sure to declare it right. With a value lower than $35.
Other than that, write anything you want ;)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 10:10

$43.50 will be going on the customs forms. Der Zollamt always wins, and sometimes keeps your package anyway.

Acanthophis

01 Feb 2013, 10:17

Hm, I hope they don't bitch. If they do, I do have a problem. I don't have a PP payment of $43.50. So they will charge me 19% of $59 :/

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 10:20

Shipping and paypal fees are not included in customs declarations (at least around here). $43.50 is the price of the tube.

EDIT: On a side note I have only ever had to pay customs once. It was for some coolant that was made in Germany, but shipped to me from their warehouse in Canada...

Acanthophis

01 Feb 2013, 10:30

As I said, if the Zoll holds onto my package, that's because either they don't care for your declaration (happens with imsto all the time, even though he declares) or are stupid. Sometimes both.
Either way, I have to show them an invoice, alternatively a PP payment. And yes, they do care for PP fees and shipping costs. They charge on the full amount I sent out of the EU.
Believe me, I've been there more than I wanted.
Also waiting times of min. 3h are not nice either.

I would rather have it declared undervalued. Is there any harm for you?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 10:43

I have to declare all of them the same, otherwise they would likely open them up.

From what you are saying - As long as I don't put $59 they won't like it, but you still want me to put as low as possible?

Why can't I just put the actual value ($43.50) like I always do? Can you use this thread as proof that it is worth $43.50? I have never had anyone notify me of a lost package nor customs problems.

Acanthophis

01 Feb 2013, 10:49

There is still the possibility they are indeed not stupid. So I'll just have to pay the 19% to the post guy.
Do $43.50. It's easier for us all in the end. Those few bucks are not worth this much effort.

Maybe it'll get through without hassle, let's see.

Thanks again for your efforts on this GB. Much appreciated!

Return to “Group buys”