New NEC APC-H412 page

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

13 Apr 2016, 18:56

I'm joking terrycherry. The real question is how much of a role the slider color even plays.

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 19:07

This case on NEC switches: the color has the meaning.
White is lighter than the cream one. Pale green is lighter than or same as the white one but it could be use for the replacement. Black is the early version like the Hi-Tek 725 Gundam white.
Blue is clicky. Color with upper white used for the large keycaps. The blue with upper green use for the STOP key only.

But the case on Hi-tek725 series switches: always nothing or a few meaning.

Chyros

13 Apr 2016, 19:34

It's yellow as fuck dude :p . No green or nothing :p . "Light yellow" is much more applicable. And yeah, mine came from that shop on Taobao as well.

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 20:57

You should take a white and bright place to see the color. I have a good white balance to take that photo.
It's something pale green not yellow at all. I know it's difficult to determine but it's true.
Snap4.png
Snap4.png (112.38 KiB) Viewed 3874 times
Snap5.png
Snap5.png (100.48 KiB) Viewed 3871 times

Chyros

13 Apr 2016, 22:40

That first pic looks like it's much more below the yellow line than under the green one xD . But whatever, it's so desaturated that it barely qualifies as "colour" at all I guess xD .

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

13 Apr 2016, 22:57

7pf4ym.jpg
7pf4ym.jpg (87.42 KiB) Viewed 3861 times

jacobolus

14 Apr 2016, 07:13

In the ISCC–NBS naming system, that color is somewhere near the boundary between pale yellow green (p. YG) and pale greenish yellow (p. gY). You can find synonyms in the color names dictionary on pages 57 and 59 here http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy ... ion440.pdf about halfway through the PDF file. I recommend “breath of spring” and “sea-foam yellow” as possible color names. “Chartreuse tint” would probably be a bit more comprehensible though.

terrycherry

14 Apr 2016, 07:56

I don't know why overseas think that's yellow. If Asia or Japanese will call it light green or pale green cause it is the green tea color!
Take a look on pic1, that's on the green color bar.
And you can see the green(230)is the most color on that RGB. That's no room for the yellow on the RGB space.

jacobolus

14 Apr 2016, 08:26

In the CIECAM02 model, your sRGB color #E1E6C4 has the coordinates lightness J = 86.4, chroma C = 15.1, hue h = 108.5°. Another way of expressing that hue is via the “hue composition” 32G 68Y, which is by most people’s standards closer to yellow than green (“unique green” with no yellow or blue in it would be 100G 0Y, whereas “unique yellow” with no green or red in it would be 0G 100Y). As I said, it’s somewhere between yellow–green and greenish yellow.

Most of the time, brewed green tea is closer to yellow than green (actually, a lot of green tea is even yellower than this slider plastic), though the precise color depends on the type of tea. Matcha is greener.

Here’s a color of the same lightness and hue but more colorful:

If you kept the same hue but picked something darker, you’d get an “olive” type color.
terrycherry wrote: If Asia or Japanese will call it light green or pale green cause it is the green tea color!
I just asked my wife, who is from Changzhou, China. She thinks it’s closer to yellow.

Chyros

14 Apr 2016, 09:35

How about NEC Oval Pale Olive?

jacobolus

14 Apr 2016, 11:02

How about “NEC oval, brewed green tea”? ;)

terrycherry

15 Apr 2016, 07:11

jacobolus wrote: In the CIECAM02 model, your sRGB color #E1E6C4 has the coordinates lightness J = 86.4, chroma C = 15.1, hue h = 108.5°. Another way of expressing that hue is via the “hue composition” 32G 68Y, which is by most people’s standards closer to yellow than green (“unique green” with no yellow or blue in it would be 100G 0Y, whereas “unique yellow” with no green or red in it would be 0G 100Y). As I said, it’s somewhere between yellow–green and greenish yellow.

Most of the time, brewed green tea is closer to yellow than green (actually, a lot of green tea is even yellower than this slider plastic), though the precise color depends on the type of tea. Matcha is greener.

Here’s a color of the same lightness and hue but more colorful:

If you kept the same hue but picked something darker, you’d get an “olive” type color.
terrycherry wrote: If Asia or Japanese will call it light green or pale green cause it is the green tea color!
I just asked my wife, who is from Changzhou, China. She thinks it’s closer to yellow.
I don't know you how to find this color code #E1E6C4 on my photo, I can see the difference.(I'm taking my DSLR to shot everyday for 10years, I don't think my color sense is bad.)

Maybe you should take my switch photo and asked her again. My wife said the switch is green tea and my family and friend are the same answer.
Because your color photo is more yellow and haven't the same color
with my switch color.
And please use your photoshop to pick up the color from my photo.
The true thing is the switch slider is transparent.
The more important thing is: take a look at the side of slider is the only way to find the true color of transparent. That's near to green.

jacobolus

15 Apr 2016, 08:21

#E1E6C4 can be seen circled in your pic from above:

My color is the result of taking your pale #E1E6C4 and increasing the chroma in the CIECAM02 model, while keeping the same hue and lightness.

Your color is J = 86.4, C = 15.1, h = 108.5. My color has the same lightness and hue, but a chroma of something like 60 or 65, I don’t remember precisely.

Anyway, terrycherry, I really don’t understand why you’re so concerned about this. The color is clearly some kind of greenish yellow, similar to the color of some types of brewed green tea.

terrycherry

21 Apr 2016, 13:36

okay, I got that. I just take the name of the true color on the transparent greenish slider what I see.
I classified the color near to green, closer to yellow myself. It can call Neon green; Green tea or Pale green color, that's what I see on that switch.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”