ButterKnife Group Buy
Group buy is currently LIVE! Closes Tue Jan 28, 2020 @10pm CST
Buy page here: https://www.gboards.ca/product/butterkn ... utterknife
Hi, I'm mujimanic. I'm spreading the word out that our Group Buy is going well, but we've got a few left to sell with one week to go!
The ButterKnife is a keyboard case built for g Heavy Industries' Butter Stick PCB. Starting as a joke, this novelty case is a fully-functional chording keyboard. It's made of 3 lbs of laser-cut stainless steel. I am collaborating with Germ (g Heavy Industries) to bring this meme to you.
To spice things up, we are also offering embroidered aprons for sale!
Not familiar with the Butter Stick?
The Butter Stick is a surface-mount ortholinear 20% chording keyboard that accepts input akin to stenography. Alternate keys and key layers can be accessed by typing multiple keys together.
For more information on the Butter Stick, see here: http://docs.gboards.ca/Meet-Butter-Stick#modes
What's for sale:
- $250 USD
- Laser cut 304 stainless steel case
- Butter Stick PCB
- 20 low profile Choc switches
- 20 Choc keycaps
- Handlegrip made of ASA thermoplastic (color choice), or stained hardwood (oak) milled by /u/painfulawarness
- Square-tipped blade, 4mm thickness
- Full-tang handle
- Compatible with low-profile switches only (Kailh Choc). No current plans for Cherry/MX switch compatibility due to thinness of the case and added cost.
- Full assembly available for additional fee
- $40 (can be purchased separately)
- Butterknife embroidery
- Thick 100% cotton twill
- Oversized and pre-shrunk
- Double pocket
- Machine wash, cold water
- 32" W x 36" L, fits most sizes
The ButterKnife case is for decorative purposes. It is not for food use. Edges can be sharp and pointy. Handle the ButterKnife responsibly to avoid injury to self or others. Keep away from children. I would strongly discourage actually sharpening this thing.
Thanks for checking this project out!